Everyday Witch Tarot delayed until Feb 2017

Rhinemaiden

My Everyday Witch tarot set finally arrived... it's all I was hoping for and more!

Love the art, love the cardstock (I don't plan on shuffling this deck) and I really love the book... the RWS card interpretations are given in a down to earth, positive voice. "ok, this happened, what are you going to do about it?" type of interpretation. It's cheeky, it's positive, it's inspiring.

The Everyday Witch tarot set is a very welcome addition to my collection and will be used daily.

:thumbsup:

gregory

I can't believe that I've just ordered this as it's not my usual sort of thing at all and I very rarely buy new tarot decks these days but I think it looks adorable and very usable too.
I really like the way it seems to not take itself too seriously and the artwork is lovely.. And there's black cats and no religious, neopagan overtones.. I can't wait to get it :).
You won't be disappointed - all that you hope for is what I love about this deck. It's not that I don't take witches seriously - but there is such a thing as taking it TOO seriously. Witchery with no sense of humour is - not my thing.

And yes, the artwork is lovely.

MoonGypsy

i had been on and off the fence regarding acquiring this deck, but then i suddenly found myself sitting squarely upon the fence again, and i didn't seem to budge this time--even though my rump did get a bit chaffed from the fence...:p

Now i have one on the way due to a trade with the lovely Rhiamon--[i ran an ISO in the trade forum]...
i now find myself in excited anticipation!

Special Thanks to Rhinemaiden, Sulis and dear gregory! xoxox

prudence

This is a deck that I wouldn't consider buying...until I saw Sulis' reading in Your Readings, where she used this deck. Now I'm really wanting this cute little thing!

Linfang

Wow, I would never have thought that I'd connect with this deck. When I first saw it, it was a obvious "I'll pass" for me. Then I read the comments in this thread, especially those pointing out that this deck should be approached with a slight wink of the eye. And I was curious for the book, so when I saw it at a fair price, my finger just pressed the order button.

Guess what: It's so lovely and all the pointed heads don't bother me at all. I wouldn't use it to read on life-or-death matters, but for a daily draw it is perfect. The book doesn't reveal anything completely new, but the light-hearted writing style makes it a worthwhile read. It fits my spring mood and makes me happy.

Thanks for the encouragement, I wouldn't have bought it without your comments.

P.S. I love the cats :D

tapasr_57772aeb7

I got to look through a friend's copy - that box really is stellar.

I think for me personally I prefer the Witchy because it took more risks and seems to exist within its own intriguing little universe but I think this deck will be a god(des)send for anyone who wanted to like that deck but felt it was too odd and out there. It was very much its own thing. I really don't mean to sound like a contrarian or a hipster there - I think if you were in the mood for a witchy RWS then this one is for you (I am basing this on one flip through of the cards, not extensive study).

That said I am all for more "pointy hat" witch decks. Most "witch" decks are in the neo-pagan ouvre - and as a Wiccan I like to work with those - but this deck is more in the realm of witch fantasy a la Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. - much needed as those are the witches many of us fell in love with long before we found the occult.
I'm not a Wiccan, but I recently purchased The Witch's Tarot and man does it speak to me. Beautiful deck.

greatdane

More comments on CARD STOCK please?

I AM a shuffler and wondering if others who are as well and have this deck, feel it can stand up to shuffling. I don't mind thin stock, as long as it's fairly durable.

Lovely-looking deck, just wondering about the stock for those of us who are shufflers and may use a deck a lot.

MoonGypsy

I AM a shuffler and wondering if others who are as well and have this deck, feel it can stand up to shuffling. I don't mind thin stock, as long as it's fairly durable.

Lovely-looking deck, just wondering about the stock for those of us who are shufflers and may use a deck a lot.

Hi gd! i have the deck and since it is a Llewellyn published deck, it is not the best
cardstock IMHO. But it riffle shuffles beautifully. The color may eventually chip a little on the edges, but i will probably edge treat it with Holz.

There are probably several Youtube vids describing the cardstock, etc.

magicjack

This deck is a strange one for me. I'm embarrassed to say I'm enjoying it! I think it looks like it was made for young high school girls. When I have read for others I feel as if I must apologise for such a silly looking girlie deck. I'm a 62 yr old man and I'm lovin it! It works effortlessly for me.

MoonGypsy

This deck is a strange one for me. I'm embarrassed to say I'm enjoying it! I think it looks like it was made for young high school girls. When I have read for others I feel as if I must apologise for such a silly looking girlie deck. I'm a 62 yr old man and I'm lovin it! It works effortlessly for me.

i soooo love that you are loving this deck! There is a lot of great symbolism in this deck...
don't be deceived by its seemingly lightheartedness...

And i am definitely not a high school girl...:p But then, i have always been a fan
of Pointy hats...as my witch aunties are quick to >point< out.;)

Attachments

• The Girls Black Hat Society 003.jpg
    The Girls Black Hat Society 003.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 172