Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Le Fanu

Pam O said:
Last year at BATS she showed many things wrong historically with the Commemorative set.
I'd love to know what she said...Can you remember anything? V curious...

Carla

Pam O said:
I am tripping on how many people in this string are so against the Osho Zen. That has been one of my very favorite decks since the '90s, and it's one of the decks I usually always have on me. Actually, it was the first deck I could read without a book. Osho Zen has also been a popular deck people choose to have me read from. Wow, kind of a trip! But it really does break my heart to hear about burning. I would really like to to save any Osho's from burning. I will pay shipping and find them new happy homes.

I agree, I think it's surprising the number Osho Zen haters. Maybe it's the book that puts people off. It does seem to require perfection. If you go by the book, you might feel continuously judged and found lacking. When actually the Osho Zen deck itself will constantly tell you that everything is okay and the only trouble is the crap you're imagining and telling yourself.

Tresha

Pam O said:
<snip>I can't stand the TAROT OF GEMSTONES AND CRYSTALS DECK. I am a rock & crystal junkie and have a huge collection. The stones assigned to the cards feel all wrong to me. I wish someone would come up with a good Crystal Tarot.

I totally agree. I'm a rockhound too. I disagreed with more than two thirds of ToGaC.

Le Fanu

Carla said:
I agree, I think it's surprising the number Osho Zen haters. Maybe it's the book that puts people off.
Not me. Never even got as far as reading the book even though I had it. I think people don't like in-yer-face spiritual decks and would rather choose their own way. Perhaps... I dunno. I just found it a bit fake, but that was gut instinct each time I got it out!

Carla

Le Fanu said:
Not me. Never even got as far as reading the book even though I had it. I think people don't like in-yer-face spiritual decks and would rather choose their own way. Perhaps... I dunno. I just found it a bit fake, but that was gut instinct each time I got it out!

Fake. Hmm. Heavy-handed I can see. I can see how it might come off a bit 'posturing'. True, it's not a humble deck. It does have a sort of superior tone when you think about it. It's probably that I went from a Bible belt Christian to a New Agey/Buddhist type that I don't mind the 'in-yer-face' quality! :) It's what I'm used to.

Pam O

Le Fanu said:
I'd love to know what she said...Can you remember anything? V curious...
This may not really belong in this thread, but I guess it has to do with why the Commemorative set was so strongly disliked. There were a lot of little details. I do remember she said she was so excited about its potential before it was released, and then she was so disappointed in that Commemorative set. She sent off the very old and very valuable RWS that she showed us from her collection to be scanned. I do remember is that the Commemorative colors are all wrong. Also, the cards are too trimmed. Her old deck has more of the original art included that has ended up trimmed off with the years of reproductions. Hopefully her scans done for this BATS. Holly was saying something about the RWS copyright expiring, so she is hoping to be able to distribute the scans she is having made when it's all legal. I hope I have my facts right, so don't hold me to any of this... : )

Anyway, Holly Voley will be at BATS again this year. It is the last weekend in Aug in San Francisco. It's a great symposium and there is a BATS 2010 string at:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138246

Pam O

Tarot of Reflections. I couldn't even look through the whole deck and I tried several times.

Pam O

Golden Moon said:
For me, personally... The Native American Tarot from US Games Inc...
The Native American Tarot did not work for me either. I brought it to a "Trade Train" so it has a new owner now.

AnneLien

Oh God, I had many, some are:

Pagan Tarot (LS)
China Tarot (LS) Beautiful Majors, but hated the minors
Witchy Tarot(LS): What was I thinking????
Sensual Wicca Taro( LS): ugly!
Osho Zen tarot: Hated it so much, couldn't look at it, sorry....

Sold all of those decks, conclusion: I don't like many decks by LS.

Still have one, I'm trying so hard to like it, but it's just not working:
Daughters of the moon Tarot.