Centennial RWS and Radiant Rider Waite in a Tin

Mallah

I got one of the modern Albanos last year and I was SO disappointed in it's muddiness. THe King of Pents was absolutely black. Looked like a copy of a copy of a copy. So sad. I had high hopes....and I just can't pay for a good vintage one.

Such it is.

I'd love to see it done justice, because I love the BOTA Color scheme.

wisemoonbird

Goodness.

Thank you for that information, I will be on the look out for the new cards.

Mallah

I don't think there's any plan for a new Albano. It was just a "wish". The current ones suck.

Emily

Pocket Size Morgan Greer in a Tin will be out in a few months. I'm waiting for that one! :)

I didn't know this was coming out - I used the Morgan Greer for quite a while and always wanted a smaller version - I doubt whether I'll be able to resist this. :)

Ambrosia

Hello all!

I have the standard size Centennial deck - just lovely!
I'm now waiting on the pocket version in the tin but it is not available easily in NZ until August.

Anyway, I'm just wondering, for those of you who already have the pocket version and the standard version, are the colours the same in both sizes?

I am asking because my Universal Waite pocket deck has much more vibrant and saturated colour than the standard size I have (Italian printing).

Am wondering if shrinking the image makes the colours deeper or more vibrant in any way?

Thank you...

Hedera

I got one of the modern Albanos last year and I was SO disappointed in it's muddiness. THe King of Pents was absolutely black. Looked like a copy of a copy of a copy. So sad. I had high hopes....and I just can't pay for a good vintage one.

Such it is.

I'd love to see it done justice, because I love the BOTA Color scheme.

You might want to look into getting a German or French edition (if you don't mind the card titles being in typescript); those are printed by Carta Mundi, and I think they look pretty good. :)

Storm82

anyone have the centennial in a tin and regular waite deck and/or centennial deck (regular size)? Im curious! would like to see pictures (cards side by side) to compare :)

Ambrosia

anyone have the centennial in a tin and regular waite deck and/or centennial deck (regular size)? Im curious! would like to see pictures (cards side by side) to compare :)

Here is a comparison review of the centennial pocket and standard size decks I came across on YouTube... :)

http://youtu.be/fS9fsl3n5Uk

I have both the standard and the pocket as well and love them both dearly. No regrets at all.

McFaire

I love my centennial commemorative set. What do the cardbacks look like for the centennial and radiant tins?

rwcarter

I love my centennial commemorative set. What do the cardbacks look like for the centennial and radiant tins?
The Centennial is definitely the same back and I believe the Radiant is also the same. (Can't get to my copy of the large deck to compare right now.)