Legend or Arthurian?

Holly doll

Another Arthurian! Loved the Celtic feel to the deck - substance rather than overtly stylish. A totally different vibe to the Legend

Morwenna

Just a question OP, why the sudden interest in these decks? Was it because of the film?

Which film? There have been so many... if it's something recent I need to know about it!

The Arthurian mythos has never really been away; it just resurges in popularity every so often, who knows why. If there were more Arthurian decks I'd buy them too (I know I'm missing some).

EmpyreanKnight

Which film? There have been so many... if it's something recent I need to know about it

It's King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, and at least in my country it's still currently showing. I've heard that it bombed in the box office tho, so maybe that's why not many people have heard about it. Still, I'm going to watch it this weekend and see for myself.

gregory

The reviews are DIRE. But I doubt if it has anything to do with the appeal pf these decks.

llongborth

Which of these two Arthurian-themed decks would you recommend?
Thank you in advance!

Both. They have the same theme, Legend relying heavily on the Morte d'arthur, but also the Green knight and Mabinogion. The 'Complete Arthurian' is a tad more eclectic.
The 'Legend' is more detailed artwork , but the images are too small to show this off to best effect (a shared complaint with the Llewellyn). This means that the simpler, sharper images of the 'Complete' are easier to work with (unless your eyes are better than mine.)
I'm usually wary of themed decks, but the Mabinogion and the Arthurian canon is rich enough to provide valid and evocative icons to represent the Tarot traditional material.
Love them both, would snap up a larger edition of the Legend immediately. (That's a hint by the way)

nisaba

I don't have the other, but the Matthews version is very useble, with all the depth of mysticism that I've come to expect from these people since the 1980s. :)

G6

1st edition Hollowquest is the way to go. šŸ‘šŸ»

WolfyJames

I have both. Between the two I prefer the art of the Legend, but at the same time I prefer the earlier account of the Arthurian cycles, which is what the Arthurian Tarot is about. So it depends if you're interested in early account - Arthurian - or later accounts - Legend. Getting both is a good idea. Also, there is a version of [U]La Morte D'arthur[/U] illustrated by Fergussen, which are very lovely, which I got as a gift.

AJ

bucking the crowd, having had both, Legend the Arthurian is the one I kept.
I like the Welsh mythology behind it.
I like the companion book better, which is written by the artist (Ferguson)
The deck is a bit grey/purple which puts some people off I'm sure, but the art is really beautiful, much better than that of the Arthurian..my 2cents

The same artist/author did the Llewellyn deck also, which has more color and is one of my top five decks.