Winter Solstice Spread

BodhiSeed

I posted this spread a few years ago, but thought I'd revive it for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere who will soon experience the Winter Solstice.

Bodhran's/BodhiSeed's Winter Solstice Spread:

~~~~~2~~~~~
1~~The Sun~~4
~~~~~3~~~~~

1. The Winter Solstice is the longest night of the year. Sometimes our lives feel so "dark" we forget to look up and see the stars (blessings) in our life. What do I need to be grateful for that I've taken for granted?

2. "Solstice" comes from the Latin "sol" and "sistere" which roughly translates to "sun stands still." If our ancestors stood still, and failed to prepare for the hardest part of winter yet to come, they would die. What do I need to take action on? What plans or preparations do I need to make?

3. Winter, like the other seasons, occurs because of the tilt of the earth. In what direction is my intuition "tilting" or leading me in a situation where a decision needs to be made?

4. After the Winter Solstice, the nights become shorter and the days become longer. What is growing stronger (perhaps something I had given up on) in my life?

***NOTE***You can use an orange stone, a sphere, etc. in the center of the spread so you don't have to take out the Sun card if you prefer.

For those in the Southern Hemisphere, please refer to this thread for a Summer Solstice spread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=43715&highlight=summer+solstice

Happy Holidays to all you ATers!
Bodhran

Debra

This is lovely. I'm going to use it with my Goddess deck right now.

Whitestar

Hi Bodhran,

I used this spread last year and liked it a lot....will use it again!!!

Thanks for posting it again!

Whitestar

BodhiSeed

Thanks Debra and Whitestar! Hope you enjoy it!

Merry Holidays,
Bodhran

Summersweet

I'm going to try it out too :)

Thank you for sharing

Summer x

Sulis

Hi Bodhran,

I've just put this in my journal.

Just a quick question; Do you place The Sun card in the center of the spread and do you read it as part of the reading?

BodhiSeed

Hi Sulis,

Yes, the Sun card is placed in the center of the spread, but its position is only symbolic - it is not read as part of the spread.

Many blessings,
Bodhran

Sulis

I'm not being awkward honest ;)

So what's the point of it being there?

I used this spread yesterday with great results but I left The Sun card in the deck.
I don't like taking a Major Arcana card out of the pack if it's not actually being used in the reading - what if it needed to come up?

BodhiSeed

Sulis,

Please feel free to adjust the spread to your liking - I promise it won't hurt my feelings! For me, spreads should be altered to suit the reader. The Sun card is in the middle of the Winter (and Summer) Solstice spread because the day(s) revolve around the sun; the Winter Solstice has the shortest daylight hours, and the Summer Solstice the longest daylight hours. The card in the center was to symbolize the effect of the changing amount of light available during these days.

Many blessings,
Bodhran

blackroseivy

JUST what I need for the Solstice readings I'm doing! Thanx so much for such a thoughtful & seasonal spread! :D