4 of Cups and The Tower

GoddessArtemis

Fostha said:
Abslutely NOT....... IMHO. If we stay on the same old path we shouldn't be suprised when we dont get anywhere different,sometimes the tower is just the kick up the arse that one needs,but totally depends on the situation/surrounding cards etc etc. I'll always welcome the tower,:)but then thats just me. :angel: I'm sure some other folks opinion will differ.
I wouldn't say I "welcome" the Tower, but I try to stay positive when it comes, though I must say...I'd rather it didn't. :D

GA

nisaba

GoddessArtemis said:
Does anyone have any idea(s) on how The Tower clarifies the 4 of Cups? I can't see what aspect of the 4 of Cups the Tower would make more clear.

Thoughts?

GA
<breaks into song>

Does that answer your question?

nisaba

Teh Four Cups - the Topwer - the refrain from that song.

The Four Cups is settled, stable. Maybe you might want to stay stable, but your life needs for you to be shaken up (Tower) in order to do some growing and developing.

GoddessArtemis

nisaba said:
Teh Four Cups - the Topwer - the refrain from that song.

The Four Cups is settled, stable. Maybe you might want to stay stable, but your life needs for you to be shaken up (Tower) in order to do some growing and developing.
Ahhh, now I see where you were going with that song. :)

GA

GreenMoonBeam

GoddessArtemis said:
Is the Tower always bad? (I believe so, but wondering about what everyone else thinks)

GA

The Tower only appears bad. What we, as the querent or the reader, perceive
is how the Tower gives answers. Keys words can be revelation which I sometimes think goes further to be observation. Agreed it's a 'oh my Goddess type card but with guidance, that becomes positive.:)'

Using its message is what is wanted: learning is what occurs.

Etheleona

The way I'd interpret this: you've lost interest with what's right in front of you, & you're ready for something completely new. The 4 of Cups shows you're booooored with the status quo, & the Tower shows a radically new direction opening up.

GoddessArtemis

Etheleona said:
The way I'd interpret this: you've lost interest with what's right in front of you, & you're ready for something completely new. The 4 of Cups shows you're booooored with the status quo, & the Tower shows a radically new direction opening up.
Well, as an interpretation of the combination of cards...yes. But as the Tower clarifying the 4 of Cups...I'd agree more with what was earlier mentioned. :)

GA

EmpressSha

Just realised how old this thread is, but I have known both The Tower and 4 of Cups to mean depression. The 4 of Cups is the sort of depression where you are dissatisfied with life and losing motivation whereas the Tower is full on black depression that turns your world upside down... The two cards go very well together, 4 of Cups means that you need changes in your life, you are not emotionally fulfilled by whatever is in your life and the Tower as a clarifier would confirm, yes you are depressed & your situation is not as it should be but you are encouraged to use this as an opportunity to realise the truth or change your attitude so that you can appreciate life again... The Tower clears away what is no longer necessary in your life to make way for new experiences that will bring joy!

Sha x