Stars as a brutal epiphany

ana luisa

Deleted.

RViewer

Star Sign

Hi Ana,

In my life I have seen and experienced many things that typically are only believed to happen in the movies. It is my feeling that depending on the degree of your openness and perhaps what you are willing to take a stand for is determined what is drawn to interact with you.

It is interesting that you connect the Star as a 'severe call from the above' as in my life I have experienced the Star in response to my 'severe call from below'. It is difficult enough to live down here as one of the common folk in the typical sleepy fashion. To attempt to live up to the potential available to us and in many ways live as an alien in a strange land often requires a greater degree of open support in order to feel it is worth the try.

The article you linked to does seem brutal both in the fact of the man being struck blind as well as the vulgar language used :)

ana luisa

Hi,RViewer! I apologize for the language they used. And just wanted to add that I posted it because every once in a while, I get new meanings for cards which are relevant to me and do not seem to be present in many books or writings I've seen. As I said, I'm just sharing.
I was curious when you said you felt the Star was more like a call from below… What would that be?
I also agree that it is quite brutal but that's exactly what called my attention. Sometimes, the "truth" from above is so overwhelming, we feel we cannot see it. Much viler than the sun's epiphany, for that matter.

RViewer

Answer to a Call

Well no need for an apology to me as I really am not a prude :) I just found the frequent choice of a particular word to be a bit funny and maybe unnecessary. As you know I value what you share and this was no exception. I believe your newfound meaning is relevant and has merit.

Actually what I said was that I have experienced the Star in response to my call from below and I guess I am speaking not only symbolically but literally as well. As I said I have experienced many things that often are only believed to occur in movies.

A question I have for you is your choice of words and what you are trying to convey with them. The word bombastic to me means something that is overly complex, grandiose, full of itself at the expense of clarity. The word vile to me means something disgusting, dirty, and completely unwanted. Is this what you really feel about the Sun and the Star?

Something tells me that it is not :)

ana luisa

Apologies again.:) English is not my language so I probably misused vile and bombastic. What I meant by "bombastic" would be something of huge proportions, earthshaking. And I meant vile because the Sun card can and has shown many times as a revelation of the truth and a "burning" that that might cause. In the case of the Star, it would ALSO be a sudden understanding of heavenly truths but that could leave much more profound marks in the person who experiences it. I immediately thought about soldiers who go to war believing in their purpose and ready to fight and come back with horrendous impressions and a complete new understanding of things.
Thank you for responding. I will probably delete this thread. No need to expose people to swear words. The only reason for posting it was to share the new meaning. :)

Thirteen

Apologies again.:) English is not my language so I probably misused vile and bombastic. What I meant by "bombastic" would be something of huge proportions, earthshaking.
Heh. Well, there's your problem. :D Bombastic means very loud--but with no substance at all. Full of "hot air." The person shouts and bellows as if what they're saying is important, but it's not. They're egotistical, and just yell louder than others. So, it's not really "earth shattering" to be hit with something bombastic. It's more like you were beaten up by a bully.

And I meant vile because the Sun card can and has shown many times as a revelation of the truth and a "burning" that that might cause. In the case of the Star, it would ALSO be a sudden understanding of heavenly truths...I immediately thought about soldiers who go to war believing in their purpose and ready to fight and come back with horrendous impressions and a complete new understanding of things.
I think the issue with that word is that "vile truths" (ugly, horrible ones) often leave the person bitter, pessimistic, demoralized. Which is certainly true of a soldier who believed in war, but saw the truth...however, I wouldn't rate that as a "Sun" truth. More like a Tower truth. A "Sun" truth is when you see light and reason. It shouldn't make you skeptical to the point where you dismisses everything. It should make you a scientific skeptic. Not believing till you examine the thing further, but willing to examine it and believe if it proves itself. The Sun is about being rational, wanting to see something in the light of day.

Yes?

As for the Star...there are a lot of "epiphany" cards in the tarot, but the Star isn't really one of those. It is more a promise, a hope, a distant goal. It suggests something that's possible, but far away. So in the depths of despair, the Star says that there is a future. It is a "truth" in that can happen. It's not a fantasy or an idle dream. But it isn't something that will happen right away, or without work.

So if there is an "epiphany" of the Star, it is epiphany of knowing if you really want something or not. Because the Star tells you it is possible to have this thing you want, if you're willing to go the distance. If you're not, if you don't want it unless it's fast and easy, then didn't want it that much. This, I would say, is the Star's epiphany.

Or, at least, that's my take on it. :)

RViewer

Well I completely understand and agree with what you are saying Ana Luisa. Important truths can burn and hurt precisely because they are so tied in to what we truly feel and up to that point were kept from through illusion. The epiphany that we encounter opens us up to new potential and to live more fully as we truly are. It is much like a war between what we think we are versus what we truly feel and yes that does burn and leave profound and lasting marks when we grow in understanding.

Thanks Ana.