Three of Pentacles & Romance

tilia

This card comes up in a lot of my attempts to practice romantic readings and I'm never quite sure how to interpret it. In the first one, I assumed it was a message to focus on work instead of play, but there has to be a direct romantic interpretation available here that I'm missing.

rwcarter

3P suggests to me that romance is a cooperative venture. Suzy can't just try to romance John and John can't just try to romance Suzy - they have to work together to romance each other.

Now if you meant romance as a noun and not as a verb - both parties have to work together on the relationship in order for it to be successful.

Pentacles aren't just about work or money, they're also about foundation. So think of the 3P as working together to build a solid foundation for the relationship.

Rodney

LeFou

Echoing Rodney, RWS 3 of Coins shows people "cooperating" to build something -big-, bigger than what they can do individually. And it's something enduring, long-lasting, "slow and steady" earth energy: stonework, architecture, funding, materials, etc.

Cathedrals are about a "big vision," the "larger picture." They are a "model" of our world-view. In fact, they are supposed to reflect the Universe and our idea of Eternity.

So in a romance, look at the larger picture, the patterns, the expectations. What did you learn about Love from your parents? What kind of "partner" are you looking for? Typically, we keep seeking what we "lack," and we're wandering in the dark unless we understand what that is.

So when you understand your "type," you will have a big clue as to what you lack. That helps you zero in on what you need. Of course this can take a long time, but the more conscious you are (of what you're looking for), the easier it will be :)

nisaba

3P suggests to me that romance is a cooperative venture. Suzy can't just try to romance John and John can't just try to romance Suzy - they have to work together to romance each other.
Indeed. And it's very heterostereotypical of you to assume that it's John romancing Suzy, not the other way around. :)

Pentacles aren't just about work or money, they're also about foundation. So think of the 3P as working together to build a solid foundation for the relationship.

The three, in particular, I see as a foundation card as well as a creativity card. If you get the initial pit dug and concrete poured in the invisible part of the structure, then all the fancy frilly masonry of your creativity will stand for centuries.

In romance it tells me that the relationship won't go anywhere unless the fundamentals are solid. Do you have the same baseline ethics? Do you have the same dreams and aspirations for the future? Do you have similar-enough belief-systems? In these things, romance has its foundation. It's easy enough to desire a stranger, but that is just biochemical lust. Love and romance are about actually knowing someone. Get the foundations right, and later on you'll be able to indulge in all the frills of an enjoyable relationship.

rwcarter

Indeed. And it's very heterostereotypical of you to assume that it's John romancing Suzy, not the other way around. :)

Uh, I actually said "Suzy can't romance John" before I said "John can't romance Suzy." And I'm hardly hetero anything.... ;)

But back to the 3 Pentacles and romance, it's definitely about building a foundation together.

nisaba

<blush> I mustn't have had my glasses on.

MissNine

Someone starts admiring you for your talents and it turns into more. 3 of pentacles is always work related for me, so it's romance at or having to do with connection to work or hobbies.

RaaD

Additionally to rwcarter's says. 3P is also about feedback. When the romance is starting to be build - " Talk to me principal " should be in presence. The two partners should speak for themselves what they like or dislike straight away in order these difficulties to be overwhelmed .

RedCloudShaman

3 of Pentacles in a romance reading

Watch out because this card could indicate a ménage à trois, or meeting someone through work or on the job!