Ex from Hell Returns: 6 of Cups and 6 of Swords

werewolfmoon

Tell him to apply in writing, listing the reasons why you should give him the grace he never gave you when you needed it, the subject of any conversation, what he hopes to achieve by the meeting and supply 2 references as to his now better behaviour.

I love this and will have to use this just in case my ex decides to roar back into my life.

I would say that your ex has been dumped and is now hoping that he can walk back into your life at a whim, he wants to meet face to face because he thinks he can sweet talk you into having him back.

Kick him to the curb.

Rhinemaiden

I think the cards are telling you to remember why he's the ex from hell and to get far away from him.

I agree 100%.... don't give him the time of day and run like hell. If he presses the issue, just say "I've moved on." and hang up.

6 cups - memories
6 swords - moving on

tillytarot

I think the cards are telling you to remember why he's the ex from hell and to get far away from him.

YES! I agree with this.
I'm working with the Six of Cups right now actually. On a reading for a cat. *sigh*
The nostalgia associated with the Six of Cups is (at least in my understanding) talking about actual happy memories from childhood. Playfulness, innocent pleasures, etc.

Mimini

Hi :) the six of cups means the past to me usually. Can signify the return of a past lover/friend - feelings linked to the past (thats where nostalgia is).

Thirteen

The nostalgia associated with the Six of Cups is (at least in my understanding) talking about actual happy memories from childhood. Playfulness, innocent pleasures, etc.
It doesn't have to be from childhood. Anything that is a "known joy" from any part of your past will do, though, given the pic, childhood joys are the ones that really stick and last and that we yearn most to return to.

With Swords as conversation and Cups as "good times," it would seem the ex wants to remind her of those good times and convince her that the bad times didn't happen so a reunion can occur.

ChristianReader

Thank you so much everyone. When I first saw the cards I thought he may want that old good feeling with me. I also considered maybe the woman he was involved with (the one he cheated on me with--- yes he stayed with her) things might've calmed down or grown dull or lacks in a way. And he wants to meets with me because of some impulsive feeling of nostalgia.

Also want to let everyone know that he called me yesterday evening and I told him nicely that there is nothing left to be said and we can go about our lives. He then admitted that he wantedto apologize and see how i was doing. Then he continued on how bad he was to me and he kept saying sorry for making me cry so much. I told him its not a problem anymore and I appreciated it. Then very shortly after I got off the phone.

werewolfmoon

Thank you so much everyone. When I first saw the cards I thought he may want that old good feeling with me. I also considered maybe the woman he was involved with (the one he cheated on me with--- yes he stayed with her) things might've calmed down or grown dull or lacks in a way. And he wants to meets with me because of some impulsive feeling of nostalgia.

Also want to let everyone know that he called me yesterday evening and I told him nicely that there is nothing left to be said and we can go about our lives. He then admitted that he wantedto apologize and see how i was doing. Then he continued on how bad he was to me and he kept saying sorry for making me cry so much. I told him its not a problem anymore and I appreciated it. Then very shortly after I got off the phone.

Now that is personal growth and positive healing, you have closure, didn't lose your dignity and remained calm.

ChristianReader

I meant to add that these cards remind me of this film I saw years ago. I can't remember its title but there was this scene where the man moved on with another woman and was pretty content and satisfied with her but he secretly met with his ex in the place they always hung out at and they kissed but it didn't feel the same and he realized that she didn't love him anymore. And he couldn't get that "6 of cups" feeling anymore and the woman he was with wasnt able to give him a fraction of that (thirteen's words) "known joy".
He walked away feeling like a fool.

So it reminds me of this scene now

ChristianReader

Thank you @werewolf. Believe me the temptation to fall under self pity and the victim mentality was harder than I let on. When you spend a year waiting for an apology and you giveup....the Miracle that you actually get an apology almost makes you want to cry....its odd I know but there are worst things that happen and people never get that closure of knowing that the other person not only acknowledges what they did but may have a tiny spec of understanding of how it effected the other. In this world that's just not common. So I am thankful for that.

ChristianReader

@hollydoll I'd agree with you the most. The 6 of cups is linked to the past while the 6 of swords is linked to the future. It did come out that he did want to apologize