The devil (confused)

Pluviophile

I was doing a reading about a guy and I (in romantic terms). I asked what does he want with me (in terms of a relationship) and I got the devil. All the surrounding cards were positive and I can't seem to interpret the meaning. Is it a sexual want? Thanks :)

Grizabella

Without knowing what the other cards are, it's almost impossible to say. But if you post the whole spread it would need to be done in the Your Readings sub-forum. There really aren't any cards that are totally positive. They all have both positive and negative meanings. Do you use reversals?

happyfish

I was doing a reading about a guy and I (in romantic terms). I asked what does he want with me (in terms of a relationship) and I got the devil. All the surrounding cards were positive and I can't seem to interpret the meaning. Is it a sexual want? Thanks :)

Hi Pluviophile, welcome to Aeclectic!

It could very well be a sexual want - and a strong one at that. Without knowing more of the context, it's hard for me to give further insight, but this is certainly one possibility.

tillytarot

The Devil coming up for "what he wants with you"...
What popped into my mind is that he wants you to be his "drug".
Have you ever heard people refer to their lovers as a drug? "You make me so high baby", lol.

Another thought is that he wants structure in his life; perhaps he is subconsciously looking for a mother-figure to lay down the rules. Perhaps he's looking for a disciplinarian. (The chains make me think of BDSM.)

Either way, the Devil is a figure surrounded by people who are chained to him, but they have blinded themselves to the fact that they CAN actually get away-- they just have to decide to do what's right and free themselves.

Pluviophile

Grizabella

alright I'll see but I can't rememeber all the cards (in which positions). I think I'll do a different spread with more depth to it because the last one was just a quick spread. Thanks

Pluviophile

And that's what I thought similarly too happyfish! Thanks lol I'm so bad at replying

Pluviophile

And to tilly tarot i actually really like your view of being a drug and the motherly image! I could have never thought of that. I didn't really get the interpretation as sex, I felt like there was more to it and I couldn't understand it. Of course it could be lust and passion but I wasn't getting that. Thanks!

The Standing Stone

With this particular card i see control, lust, sex.. and obsession..

I would say that the other person wants to own you.. possess you. you bring out that pan side to him... carnal pleasure.. unbridled lust.. fun.. and a bit dangerous.. Self gratification. A guilty pleasure. physical chemisty or emotional bondage..

Good luck..

Pluviophile

Look at the woman's hands and feet she's chained to the skull, it's not very obvious but they're there :)