Hanged man RX in a love/rel-ship reading

Fleur-de-lis

Hanged man RX comes up A LOT in the readings on my ex with whom we split 5+ years ago not on the best terms. I am now looking to reconnect, as I truly feel regrets about my behavior and seek closure. If nothing else, I want to just tell him that I am sorry, but he does not call me (as promised), and I dont know what to do and feel stuck.

So, the hanged man RX comes up. Does it signify me not being able to let go of the past? Or him? Or both? Are we still stuck in what happened 5+ years ago? Are there any other ways to interpret this card, or what to do about that? Thanks!

LeFou

Hanged Man (upright or Rx) can also mean "enlightenment," having a profound insight which completely changes how you view the situation.

Perhaps this card hints that you discover closure via a different path. For example, you mention that you want to apologize to him. But perhaps deeper down, there's another story ready to surface. Just a guess!

spiraling

Conversely, I've read from one of my deck's booklets that it represents the "Devil you know."

It made perfect sense for the couple I pulled it for.

So... you know how this person maneuvers all too well. Don't expect them to have changed. There's nothing new to be revealed, unless it's a deeper level of depravity.

WalesWoman

Hanged man RX comes up A LOT in the readings on my ex with whom we split 5+ years ago not on the best terms. I am now looking to reconnect, as I truly feel regrets about my behavior and seek closure. If nothing else, I want to just tell him that I am sorry, but he does not call me (as promised), and I dont know what to do and feel stuck.

So, the hanged man RX comes up. Does it signify me not being able to let go of the past? Or him? Or both? Are we still stuck in what happened 5+ years ago? Are there any other ways to interpret this card, or what to do about that? Thanks!

Besides being hung up on the past or present, the Hanged Man is about surrender, not fighting against what got you where you are, especially since it's usually ones decisions and actions that got you were you are. So reversed, it is fighting this thing, which seems to be exactly what you are doing, rather than accepting it and moving on.

It's understandable that you want to let him know you feel regret and want closure, but it could be that he is just fine with where things are and doesn't want to revisit the past or make any connections, promises or not. So in that respect, he isn't hung up at all and is just fine with the way things are and sees no reason to make any more sacrifices to what once was.

werewolfmoon

This may be an unusual interpretation but I see the Hanged Man Rx as, 'the time for waiting is over get going.'

QueenPen

I see it as it's not hanging.... It's up, loaded, ready for practice!