chapter6 - expanding 3 card spread

Kaz

this is an expansion of the 3 card spread we did in chapter 2.
shuffle your deck and cut it in 3 stacks, the top cards make the first row (these are like in chapter 2).
the bottom cards of these stacks make the second row and give the hidden or unconsious factors. relate them to each other and to the cards above.
the third row helps with the resolution and completion of the issue. shuffle each stack and draw a card from each.
put all stacks together, shuffle again, the top card intergrates the preceding cards and is the key to using the info of all the other cards.

there are also posibilities for yes/no, either/or and relationship questions, i will post these later in seperate threads.

give it a shot :p

kaz

Kaz

my throw

i used thoth deck here.

i have trouble using the predefined positions for the cards, i rather read them just in a row and give the row a meaning.

question asked: what do i need to know about the contact with my guides?

first row: external
knight of swords - 7 cups - 2 cups

in the intuitive department this relation is lacking (7C), major influence here is me using mostly my rational mind in this, which is my natural way of approach (knight S).
this suppresses me to open up fully in a more intuitive way which is needed for the most fruitful relation (2C).

second row: internal
3 discs - devil - 4 cups

what ties me are the bonds i create myself by not looking further than the easy, comfy approach, my conviction of rationality (devil). they are slowly getting looseras i do put effort in this (3D), but this is going to cause stagnation (4C).

third row: resolution
princess of cups - magus - chariot

the resolution is putting my will to this (magus), not only my mind, but also my heart, and open up to my subconsious (princess C).
the trick is to find balance between these two, and have the courage to loosen up in control (chariot). have trust and faith.

key card: queen of swords

use my mind for finding clarity and loosen myself from rational and control issues, tune in to some inner wisdom that should be there (i hope).

kaz

Jewel

EXPANDED THREE CARD READING
Deck: Cosmic Tribe
Body: 4 of Disks
Mind: Prince of Disks
Spirit: Queen of Wands

Issues described in the first row:
Body - 4 of Disks: my physical withdrawal from parents and work due to personal interests.
Mind - Prince of Disks: my not wanting to conform with just being as society expects me to be. Desire to be who I really am.
Spirit - Queen of Wands: feelings that sometimes I am going to explode and go crazy yet retaining a sense of humor and knowing all actions have consequences.

Second Row, hidden unconscious factors: Card 4: Magician ®; Card 5: 10 of Cups ®; Card 6: 8 of Wands
I get emotional and let my mind play tricks on me and throw me into mood swings and to reveling in self-pity instead of moving into action as my spirit urges me to. I mentally and physically bog myself down. I also need to have realistic expectations.

Third Row, resolution and completion of the Body issue: Card 7: 7 of Swords; resolution and completion of my Mind issue: Card 8: Knight of Wands ®; Card 9: resolution and completion of my Spirit issue: Balance (Justice)

Body: The resolution indicates that in order to find resolution and completion I to quit lying to myself and take responsibility. Use my intuition and take responsibility and set realistic expectations. I need to quit isolating myself, the only one I am fooling is myself.

Mind: The KW ® is telling me that the resolution and completion of my mind issue lies in learning that internal freedom cannot discount external responsibility. I need to be creative but find balance.

Spirit: The completion of my spirit issue lies in Balance. All in moderation and with proper prioritization … balance, fairness.

Card 10, key to integrating the info given in the other cards: 2 of Swords ®
Communication. Acknowledge conflict, find/create calm center within self and everyone is heard. Evoke the mediator mindset and apply it to my conflicting priorities.

Jewel

Kaz in looking over your reading it makes perfect sense to me. I have nothing to add.

Kaz

thanks jewel :)
your cosmic deck is thoth based i think? or not? wanna have a look at your spread and i dont have cosmic tribe, but do have thoth and rw-clone.

kaz

Jewel

Yes, the CT is based on the Thoth. I would be interested in what you come up with because some of my interpretation does derive straight from the imagery of the CT deck, which although based on Thoth I find very different. The Queen of Wands in the CT is one example, she is a crazy sort of woman *LOL*. Also, the Prince of Disks is covered in mud standing on a rock. But if you do not mind doing the spread with the Thoth that would be fabulous :)

Kaz

lol, forget it jewel, these two decks are very different, even with the ct being thoth based. i looked up your cards at the steveepostman site, to get an idea where your interprets came from, as some thoth cards were really far off.
you get a whole different reading doing the same cards with thoth, so no use.....

i like your interpretations of those ct cards, i can see where you get it from. although this deck would not be readable for me i think. i just don't like the artwork.

kaz

Jewel

*LOL* Kaz, yep it is certainly not a deck for everyone, but I LOVE IT!!!! And I have to tell you, the images on the computer just do not do the deck justice. When I bought the deck I ordered it as a novelty because it was the first deck ever to have 3 Lovers cards ... I figured it would join the collection and life with Robin Wood would go on as usual.

On January 21st it arrived, the air was crisp as I walked from the mailbox back to the house. I slowly opened the box and inside was the deck/book set. I lifted it out of the box and slowly I opened it, savoring the thrill of unveiling a new deck ... a new treasure. I ohhhhhh'd and ahhhhhhhh'd, looked at the cards slowly and deliberatly, becoming intoxicated by the psychedelic colors and the images that leapt off the cards (and no I was not on drugs or dinking *LOL*). Anyhow, I figured I would get over that in a couple of days ... well that was 4 months ago and I am more and more attached to it than ever. Considering that I usually do not care much for collage decks, I was just blown away when I fell in love with this deck. I think I can honestly say that I found my perfect deck (then again I thought I already had it with the Robin Wood so who really knows? *LOL*) ;)

I have gone back to exercises in this book that gave me trouble and was able to do them so easily. This deck frees me from getting bogged down, it just openly speaks to me without me having to prod it. Simply amazing.

GOING OFF TOPIC BRIEFLY ...
So how are things going with the Templar Kaz? Did you see the new post for chpt. 4 of 78 DW?

Kaz

to stay off topic......
i printed the chap4 thing out and i was just reading it more carefully. i realised i needed my rw deck with it coz i havent used it for so long that i cant clearly remember how the cards look. so, i am working on it :) but it will take some time as it is about 5 cards, so expect some lenghty post about it :p

to get back on topic: the ct deck
the disturbing thing in this deck are those colors, they scream in my eyes, that's the first thing why i don't like it, though i can only judge from screen ofcourse. second, the images are just weird, plain weird, and when i look at them, they put me off. i would like to see them irl, so i can have a good look at them, there must be something about this deck as so many like it. but it's a bit to expensive to just buy it and then taking the great risk of not liking it.
what you have with this deck, i have with the thoth, it's a great deck, i don't think i will ever get a better deck, though i keep "collecting" the ones i really like for artwork.

uhm, about the rest of the chapters, maybe we should work out what we still want to do? i have two things that might be interesting, also from chap6, and then i havent really looked close. i think we can better email our ideas about it then clutter the board here. have you done anything past chap6 already what you think is worth doing together?

kaz

Jewel

~giggles~ like I said, the CT is not for everyone. I really like the Thoth a lot too. It has been calling me, which is why I am pretty excited about the Tarot and Qabalah study group starting up, because I will use the Thoth for that.

I have done some of Chapter 7 so let me look at it tonight, and browse through the rest of the book and see what else I would like to do together. I am not interested in the crystals or prosperity sections much either. I'll get back to you with my thoughts and you do the same.