Mini Gilded Reverie special edition

Tibor

I have just seen on Donnaleigh's YouTube channel a short reading in which she used a special mini version of the Gilded Reverie Lenormand with the extra cards. I was wondering if we (as a community) could persuade Ciro to print a small run of this deck. I have always loved his special edition Gilded Reverie deck with all the extra cards (that are sadly missing from the mass market version) but I have also found it too big for a grand tableau. It would have been nice to make the cards smaller in the first place but it would be great to have them available now for purchase.

Le Fanu

If I remember rightly, she got a special pre-publication one which I remember seeing her use on facebook etc. He may have just done a handful for friends.

Jen P

What a great idea Tibor!!! I would love to get my hands on a mini copy of the Gilded Reverie Lenormand!!! I'd also love a mini Fin de Siecle!!!

cirom

These mini editions were special. They were printed at home on 100% cotton rag double sided 300gm paper and individually trimmed. 2.25 inches tall if i recall. I originally produced 11 cards in addition to the standard 36 of the Lenormand system, just didn't have the guts to include them in the mass produced version.... I should have had more courage of my convictions.

Anyway, I cant remember for sure but i think I produced five of these decks in total, they were gifts for Donnaleigh de la Rose, and Rana George who had helped me write the companion document, also Stuart Kaplan who had been so enthusiastic for the project when I had shown early drafts, and two other friends.

They were cute, but I would have thought too small for actual use, but the video seems to suggests otherwise...

tarotlova

Is there any way to get the extra cards? I have the standard Gilded Reverie and didn't realize you could get an extra deck when I bought them! :)

cirom

Thank you for your interest, but I think I may have confused you. There was no option of an extra deck or cards when purchasing the standard version.. The extra cards were only part of the special edition that I self published and which sold out a few years ago.

The only way to obtain the extra cards now, is to pester US Games so that when their inventory is sold and they consider a reprint, they might include them. I would be ok with that now...in fact i would let them include all eleven extra cards. I can't post images on AT, but if you're curious to see them send me an e-mail.

Tibor

Hi Ciro,

The mini decks would be perfect for the grand tableu and most Lenormand readers prefer smaller sized cards. I personally would love to get the mini version of your Lenormand deck (special edition) and I'm sure that a lot of people feel the same way (given the fact how quickly you sold out of your special edition decks) but I may just have to keep dreaming about this for the rest of my life :)

tarotlova

Thank you for your interest, but I think I may have confused you. There was no option of an extra deck or cards when purchasing the standard version.. The extra cards were only part of the special edition that I self published and which sold out a few years ago.

The only way to obtain the extra cards now, is to pester US Games so that when their inventory is sold and they consider a reprint, they might include them. I would be ok with that now...in fact i would let them include all eleven extra cards. I can't post images on AT, but if you're curious to see them send me an e-mail.

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up :)

cirom

I received your e-mail, but AT wont let me respond to it directly. You will have to provide me with a personal non AT e-mail address, then I can show you the images...

cirom

I posted this on my FaceBook page this morning and the response just in less than one day was more than I expected and to be honest more than I really want to do.....of this kind of work. So I will probably withdraw the offer within a couple of days, but I thought it fair to at least let some of the members here be aware of it. Either way it's good I hope, because I will pass on the overall interest ive recieved to US Games, and I'm optimistic that will make them feel more comfortable about eventually produce an updated standard edition to incorporate all the cards.

GILDED REVERIE LENORMAND MINI DECK WITH EXTRA CARDS. Since Donnaleigh de LaRose posted her videos featuring this mini deck, I have received numerous enquiries about it. For clarification I only produced about four of five of these decks, they were personal gifts for the people who had helped write my companion book. Donnaleigh, Rana George, Tali Goodwin and Stuart Kaplan. But as there has been significant interest, I am willing to produce a few more as commissions. By that I mean there will be no print run in the usual sense, in this case each deck would be printed only upon receipt of an order. Each deck would personalized by including a card with your name and personally signed. The size of the cards are 2.5 inches tall and produced on a 330 gm 100% cotton rag double sided paper. They are essentially museum quality mini giclée prints. The comparison in size to the standard deck is indicated in the attached image. The deck includes all the extra cards that I originally designed, including four that were not even included in the original special edition. The deck is then trimmed by hand, and the edges are painted black. The reverse design is a simple repeat checkered pattern. The price would be $90, which I acknowledge is not cheap, especially for a miniature size, but it reflects the time and work involved. I have US Games blessing to offer these mini decks, but obviously on the understanding that its a very very limited offering. Which I can conform will be the case. They represent too much effort to be otherwise. As such I wont even bother mentioning this on my web site. So anyone interested, let me know by e-mail.