Playing cards into Lenormand

Honeysun

Hello,

I don't really have much money to buy a new Lenormand deck. However, I have two playing card decks laying around. I was wondering, would it be wise to take out some of the playing cards and turn them into Lenormand cards? I would write down the names etc.
Or should I not waste my time?

DownUnderNZer

I think Madame Lenormand did just that from what I read somewhere. Scribbled all over as well. Playing cards use to be something for the wealthy - so imagine Tarot and the likes back in the day.

So, why not?.

DND :)

Barleywine

Here's a switch: draw little images of the Lenormand concepts (a Dog, a Whip, a Mountain, etc.) - call them "Lenormand insets" - and stick them onto your playing cards. They wouldn't have to be fancy, and as long as you riffle-shuffle, they shouldn't interfere with handling.

uraszz

Hello,

I don't really have much money to buy a new Lenormand deck. However, I have two playing card decks laying around. I was wondering, would it be wise to take out some of the playing cards and turn them into Lenormand cards? I would write down the names etc.
Or should I not waste my time?

Why stretch yourself economically when there's a more creative and personal alternative? Get those markers out girl!

I'd really like to see your results

Sincerely

-uraszz

Nemia

I bought plain playing cards without any pictures or text from a store for craft equipment. It was really really cheap but nice quality. I'm planning to make my own Lenormand-refreshment-pack - and maybe do the same for my German playing cards. That might be alternative with more room to write on.

Honeysun

Thank you all!

Here's what I'm gonna do. I'll use regular playing cards, nothing fancy.

1. Take any court card and measure the width and length of the box with the picture. The measurements were: length: 2.8 inches, width: 1.5 inches (roughly)
2. Take a sheet of white paper and draw a rectangle with those measurements. Then cut out the rectangle, write down the name of the card and some of the definitions.
3. Glue the paper rectangle on a card.

I won't draw anything, since I'm not a great artist and it'd take me ages to do it :) I think this will do.

Bonny

Sounds lovely!!

SarahJoy

Look up the Palimpsest Lenormand. It's basically this idea. You can totally make your own!