Interesting article

Dave's Angel

Very interesting - thanks for posting! :)

That bit about "Come, come to my house..." etc sounds familiar, I think something like it is in Frazer's The Golden Bough as part of a lament for Osiris, which I suppose would be completely appropriate on a tomb.

Cheers for that!

Fulgour

Semitic connection

The phrases, interspersed throughout religious texts in Egyptian characters in the underground chambers of a pyramid south of Cairo, stumped Egyptian experts for about a century, until the Semitic connection was found.
I wonder how much of "History" has been shelved
for various (convenient) reasons...like say maybe
if the information doesn't suit the biblical version?

I heard of a Dark Age in Greece...500 blank years.
But as it turned out, the timeline caused conflicts.

venicebard

I would be very interested to see the transliteration, to confirm that they use the running duck sign for tav and the ba (or b') bird-soul sign for beit: these signs are from 'group writing' (use of two-sound signs for one sound in transliterating foreign terms) and have hieratic forms which look like the probable origin of the Semitic characters.

Boy, this shoots to hell the much-touted sparse-resulted proto-Sinaitic origin of old Hebrew theory, doesn't it, if Semitic language was being written in Egyptian signs in the 3rd millennium whose hieratic forms so resemble the old Hebrew letters with the same sounds. Hmm.