Reading Without Court Cards

JuniperPress

Thanks Zephyros, I am bookmarking your link! I think it is because of the complexity of them and I still consider myself a beginner tarot reader - they're just HARD for me. I do okay readings now without them in the spreads I choose but I do realize if I could grasp them they would add a whole other element to readings as well as spreads. I guess I have to get over that intimidation.

Absynthe

I removed them from my deck for a time because I found them frustrating. I just didn't understand their impact on my readings and they seemed to be causing confusion. I've put them back into my deck now though. At the time of my confusion I was getting multiple courts to signify different aspects of myself. But as I couldn't comprehend what aspects they were talking about I ignored them.

Now that I've worked out that confusing situation by other means I go back to the tarot and do readings on that past situation, this time asking.....show me this aspect of that situation. And sure enough the same courts were turning up, but in retrospect it became a lot easier to understand what they were getting at. That experience gave me new found love for the tarot court cards. The rote meanings and many of the common meanings don't really do it for me. I have my own understanding of those cards now through that experience and find them very illuminating when they turn up now.

It could just be you haven't been taught by your deck what those court cards are signifying. But you can nut it out by doing readings on past situations where you have clarity and then seeing those cards in light of that.