Alchemical Tarot Study Group

brenmck

Looking for any of you who would like to form a study group for the Alchemical Tarot.

How about one card per week?

Robert Place's accompanying book would be a valuable reference, as he includes so many alchemical symbols in the cards.

For convenience and easier reference, Place's book begins the study of the Minor Arcana in Chapter Four. The first suit discussed is the Ace of Coins, so perhaps we could begin there, with the Ace of Coins, and follow the sequence of his book.

If anyone in the course of study has a particularly compelling and/or mystifying card you'd like to delve into, let's do that, but let's stay in the suit that we're currently discussing (?).

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. Ace of Coins, anyone?

brenmck

lunakasha

Count me in, brenmck....Ace of Coins sounds like a solid start! :thumbsup:

I am surprised there has never been an Alchemical Study Group....

Thanks for getting us started!

:) Luna

TheOld

I'm also in

Power
Omeada

blackroseivy

I'll join! :)

brenmck

Great start!

Hi, Luna, TheOld, and Danubhe - Thanks for your interest. I planned to chime in tonight with thoughts on the Ace of Coins, but now I'm going through all my Symbols books to check out that rabbit (or "hare," if you prefer). The only two cards with the rabbit symbol (that I know of) are this Ace and The Fool, which I found really interesting. And how about the Coin resting on a mound rather than coming out of the sky?
As I understand it, we start a new thread for each card?

brenmck

lunakasha

brenmck said:
Hi, Luna, TheOld, and Danubhe - Thanks for your interest. I planned to chime in tonight with thoughts on the Ace of Coins, but now I'm going through all my Symbols books to check out that rabbit (or "hare," if you prefer). The only two cards with the rabbit symbol (that I know of) are this Ace and The Fool, which I found really interesting. And how about the Coin resting on a mound rather than coming out of the sky?
As I understand it, we start a new thread for each card?

brenmck

Yes....you can go ahead and start the first thread when you are ready! :)

Just title it "Alchemical Study Group - Ace of Coins" (for example) and the moderators will add it to the main thread.

I am curious now about the connection between the Ace of Coins and the Fool....and will also be looking up the rabbit/hare in my animal books.

:) Luna

Strange2

I'll join in the study! With the good news from Robert Place of a reprinted version of the deck planned for January, there should be an increased interest and long overdue exposure for this excellent deck.

WolfSpirit

Thanks to an observant fellow AT member I found a copy I could afford. I am very new to this deck and don't know if I will contribute much for now...but I am happy there is a Study Group for this deck, it will help me get in touch with it :)

brenmck

WolfSpirit - thanks for your reply. We've started with the Ace of Coins and Two of Coins, located on the Study Group Thread. Please join us as soon as you can - I haven't seen much action yet here yet! We'll be happy to hear from you.

sapienza

I know this thread is years old, but is anyone interested in reviving the Alchemical study group now the new deck is on it's way to those who have ordered it? I have the original with the companion book, but I plan to get the Renewed version eventually. The original study group didn't get far as all only doing the ace and two of coins. I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not.