Pearls of Wisdom ~ Ace of Cups

6 Haunted Days

I pulled this card today and was studying it when I was amply rewarded by seeing on the right border something I had entirely missed!

2 brown birds, and one is feeding little chicklets snuggled in a nest resting in a small tree. The other one (the poppa?) is holding a worm ;). Adorable! New life, birth, nuturing...opening up to life. Unconditional love.

I love how she is pouring water over head, completely immersing herself, it almost looks like the water turns into blue veins by her feet. Cleansing her heart and soul.

What is that hanging from the hook on the left border? First thing I thought of was a whistle, but why? It has a little heart on it. A weird key?

The top of the card reminds me of faucets....."turn on the tap and let it flow!"

:love: Miss 6

Sulis

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Aces in this deck; they look so joyful.
Instead of being gifts offered from the clouds this deck shows them as guides who have already accepted the gift of the element.

I really like this idea, it's as if you already have the energies presented but you probably don't know it yet.
I related the Aces to The Magician, The Wheel of Fortune and The Sun because there number is one. The Ace is the time when you become conscious of elemental energy being offered to you.

I hadn't noticed those little birds either so thanks for pointing them out :)
What's that in the other border, is it a pink crystal (for love) hanging from a hook?
And below it a bee just above a narcissus. Doesn't the myth of Narcissus warn of the power of love and the emotions? I like this reference to the darker side of this Ace.
The lady with the water is pink too and she wears the pearls as a pendant around her neck, fastened with a love heart.

Attachments

• Ace of Cups.jpg
    Ace of Cups.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 200

Rede Seeker

Rosey Pink Crystal

The crystal is the same shade of rosey pink that the woman is. They both resonate with the same energy?

Is that Uruz or Laguz etched in the border behing the rose colored crystal? Either one would be appropriate. Uruz representing organic life and vitality; Laguz representing the waterfall.

The cup she holds over her head - the base seems joined to the sun behind it.

The Green Earth Spirit appear to be dreaming. The rosey pink woman seems so happy.

The birds are robins - heralds of Spring-time.

6 Haunted Days

Aha, perhaps that pink crystal thing is rose quartz? That's always a stone symbolizing love!

Robins? They do look like Robins! Are you a bird watcher? I can't tell birds apart very easily.

I agree, I adore the Aces in this deck, they have so much energy! My favourite is a tie between Ace of Pents (it captures the magic and spirituality that I personally see the pents suit having) and Ace of Swords (love the stars in that one). I hadn't thought of seeing it that way before Sulis, how these are guides who have already accepted the gift of the element, thank you! Makes them more powerful viewing them that way for me.

I really feel the emotion and love when I see this card.

Rede Seeker

Born and Raised in Wisconsin

Robins are the State Bird of Wisconsin, they are also heralds of Spring-Time. I have fond memories of Wisconsin Winters easing into Spring and would watch eagerly for the robins to appear.

The Ace of Cups is loaded with Spring-Time images - robins feeding chicks, daffodils, buds on the tree. I wonder how much of the Woman's rosey color is from the thrill of fresh Spring water over bare flesh. The purification ritual idea works well here. She's anointing herself in prepartion for the season of new life.

6 Haunted Days

Me too!!

Rede Seeker said:
Robins are the State Bird of Wisconsin, they are also heralds of Spring-Time. I have fond memories of Wisconsin Winters easing into Spring and would watch eagerly for the robins to appear.

The Ace of Cups is loaded with Spring-Time images - robins feeding chicks, daffodils, buds on the tree. I wonder how much of the Woman's rosey color is from the thrill of fresh Spring water over bare flesh. The purification ritual idea works well here. She's anointing herself in prepartion for the season of new life.

I was also born and raised in Wisconsin! :D La Crosse, where are you from? I miss so many things about WI...but Vermont weather is almost identical, so at least I don't miss that like I did when I lived in SoCal.

Your right about the springtime images, the card is loaded with them. Spring is a great association for this Ace....complete renewal and coming out of hiding. Letting your heart open, like the spring flowers.

Sulis

Ah yes, the narcissus is a spring flower too isn't it? So along with it's message of love it also speaks of renewal :)
Excellent :)