Tarot de Marseille: your Top Five

Ganaca

Vieville's an intriguing one indeed... Guess I'll just have to get around to that one too!!

Ganaca

BSwett

Goodie! Old thread!

I shall be honest and just list the ones I really do use...

My top 5;

1. Flornoy Dodal
2. Lo Scarabeo Ancient Tarot of Marseilles (I know, I know; heathen)
3. ISIS Marseilles
4. Flornoy Noblet
5. Pierre Madenié

ETA, I'm only not listing the Vieville because everyone will tell me it's not a TdM but please bear in mind from the list that I :heart: the Vieville (oops, was that six?)

Le fanu, would you be so kind to tell us which Vieville?

Richard

I have only five Marseille decks altogether: one CBD and four different editions of the Grimaud. I suppose they are my top five by default.

Freddie

1. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

2. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

3. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

4. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

5. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

Love it! Love it! Love it!

It is basically the Grimaud with cotton candy colouring.

Freddie

Mystavi

I have just seen the tumbler (arcan I) of the tarot of Marseille Fournier. One feet is red the other is blue, one leg is blue the other is red. What can be the meaning ?
On the Vieville, the two legs and the two feet of the Baga (arcan I) are black. Here the colour black is the color of the passivity : Baga, the character gestures but is inactive at the level of legs, him begin nothing! It means that he " breaststroke of the air " that he is a great boaster but that he does not make much.
Really, in the tarot the colors are not there to be pleasant to us but to give us informations.

Le Fanu

Le fanu, would you be so kind to tell us which Vieville?
I have the old France Cartes edition. I keep meaning to buy that newer edition too but haven't got round to it yet.

The one attached...

Attachments

• Vieville.jpg
    Vieville.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 139

Richard

1. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

2. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

3. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

4. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

5. Fournier 'Le Tarot De Marseille'

Love it! Love it! Love it!

It is basically the Grimaud with cotton candy colouring.

Freddie
I need to get me a Fournier. I also like the Isis, even though it is a bit cartoony.

Wooden Nickel

I have 3 TdMs:

1) CBD

2) Flornoy Noblet

[imagine a long interval here]

3) Thunder Bay Conver

The Vieville is very attractive.

I was thinking about buying a Fournier once, but then read somewhere that La Papesse looks like she has a moustache.