Sabian Symbols Study Group: Cancer 30 - #120

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: CANCER
Degree: 30
Number: 120

Symbol: A DAUGHTER OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION.

geministar

Elven,

Im just a bit lost. I dont have the Sabian Symbols but just looked at the website in the hope I can view some of the symbols. Am I able to view any of the symbols on the website? I just had a look around but cant seem to find how I can. :(

Geministar

tink27

geministar said:
Elven,

Im just a bit lost. I dont have the Sabian Symbols but just looked at the website in the hope I can view some of the symbols. Am I able to view any of the symbols on the website? I just had a look around but cant seem to find how I can. :(

Geministar

Hi geministar,

While you wait for Elven, this may help you to understand the symbols better.

www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=45673

I've only begun them myself.

tink

geministar

Thanks for that Tink Ive just had a quick look at the link and it will definitely help me understand better I think, although I still need to have a long hard look at it.

Elven has put sooooo much effort into putting all the information in the threads - GOOD ON YA ELVEN!!!

MCsea

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=56853

is a link to the full list of sabian symbols (and their corresponding body parts)
actually its not that good a list as its just got numbers and not astrology notations hmm
it might help a little - off to look for the other list...

also http://www.sabiansymbols.com/ is a great place to get interps for the symbols - if you want to do an oracle..

MARINA

geministar

Thanks for that Marina. You have also done so much work with the symbols. Good on you.

So, from the statements, do I just make my own interpretation of the symbols? I can see all the statements but no descriptions...so sorry for being a pain!!! Im just a newbie, like being in kindergarten again....

tink27

geministar said:
Thanks for that Marina. You have also done so much work with the symbols. Good on you.

So, from the statements, do I just make my own interpretation of the symbols? I can see all the statements but no descriptions...so sorry for being a pain!!! Im just a newbie, like being in kindergarten again....

Hi geministar,

I stumbled on the sabians quite by accident! When I first became a member here, I was overwhelmed by the knowledge and wisdom here...it actually frightened me! Oh where to begin.

At present, I have no books on the sabians, other than access to the internet. When I read a sabian symbol, for instance on the mockingbird, memories of the book "To kill a mockingbird" floated into my mind. Sometimes I visualize the symbol, kind of creating a painting from a blank canvas. Sometimes I'm right on and sometimes I'm off track. That's what's great about the study group....we all help each other.

Whatever your background and experience in the tarot, astrology, etc., use it all to create your own picture. What emotions does the symbol evoke? Use all your senses and let its essence flow through you and just let it speak through you. I think some symbols can be very personal...some have triggered different emotions for me.

Hope this helps you a bit. It would be great to see your visions and thoughts on the symbols here!

With greatest regards,

tink x

MCsea

Tink - right on, thats the best way to do it,
or to do some readings from www.sabiansymbols.com lynda hill provides an interpretation for the symbols- the ones you randomly choose that is.
I think intuition and personal experience is the best way to interpret the symbols. we are working on a full list - but we are only up to hmm Gemini I think... we are getting there!

MARINA
PS 360 degrees of wisdom by Lynda Hill is a GREAT reference and you can get it from Amazon....

MCsea

Sabian Symbol: A Daughter of the American Revolution

Jones Key Word: Inheritance

Ridder-Patrick : Twelfth thoracic vertebra
Crystal : Greenstone - greenschist - Greenstone is a metamorphic rock rich in chlorite and epidote. Greenstone promotes peace and healing and is valued in many societys as a stone of abundance prosperity and good health.

That song always comes into my mind ---- But you won't fool the Children of the Revolution ---

I think I have limited experience with this symbol, it has rarely popped up for me, and when it did I focus on the inheritance and 'revolution'. I get confused about the hows and whys with the American Revolution... but I suppose any revolution where a whole country had to fight to re-create a new idenity new laws and new symbols is at least a part of this symbol. Red White and Blue too? I looked up and there is a site http://www.dar.org/
national daughters of the american revolution!!

As always I look forward to reading others comments and learning....

MARINA