The Moon

Lil Red

Hi everyone,

I hope you guys do not mind my question, but what exactly does the moon card mean in the lenormand? I honestly do not understand it all all. Every time I get that card I looked up and I just get emotions and psychic energy. Does that really what the moon card mean?

I am not really sure. Can anyone inform me about that card, please and thank you. I deeply appreciate it.

Chanah

Career, honour, public recognition, reputation, public standing - that's the Moon in Lenormand. It's one of the traditional work cards - the Moon is your honour, the Anchor your stability, the Fishes your money, the Ship your trade and sales.

Lil Red

Career, honour, public recognition, reputation, public standing - that's the Moon in Lenormand. It's one of the traditional work cards - the Moon is your honour, the Anchor your stability, the Fishes your money, the Ship your trade and sales.

I honestly did not know that. I would not had know that the Moon can be seen as a career/work card. So this is definitely new news for me.

moonbear

My Lenormand Oracle cards from Lo Scarabeo say that the Moon card means 'Dreams which may be realised. Nocturnal revelation. Reversed...Errors due to a figment of the imagination. Shattered dream.'

I rather like Gina di Roberto's definitions :)

Village Witch

My Lenormand Oracle cards from Lo Scarabeo say that the Moon card means 'Dreams which may be realised. Nocturnal revelation. Reversed...Errors due to a figment of the imagination. Shattered dream.'

Are you saying you read cards reversed? Would a positive reversed card have a negative meaning? Would a negative reversed card then have a positive meaning?

What if a reversed card was surrounded by positive or negative cards?

Village Witch

I read the Moon (depending on surrounding cards, of course) as romance, honor, and accolades, as well as minor deception. I carry over the Tarot meaning in that the Moon illuminates what is hidden from view. It uncovers secrets and reveals the truth that someone is trying to hide. A clandestine affair would fall under the Moon card.

moonbear

Are you saying you read cards reversed? Would a positive reversed card have a negative meaning? Would a negative reversed card then have a positive meaning?

What if a reversed card was surrounded by positive or negative cards?
I don't read reversals Village Witch. Nor do I consider myself a 'Lenormand Reader' but when I do pull out these cards I always use the definitions that came with them. I know they're not standard but I'm happy with them and they seem to flow.

Village Witch

I don't read reversals Village Witch. Nor do I consider myself a 'Lenormand Reader' but when I do pull out these cards I always use the definitions that came with them. I know they're not standard but I'm happy with them and they seem to flow.

Thank you! When you said the quote below, you threw me for a loop! :-D

My Lenormand Oracle cards from Lo Scarabeo say that the Moon card means 'Dreams which may be realised. Nocturnal revelation. Reversed...Errors due to a figment of the imagination. Shattered dream.

I'm new to Lenormand. Don't do that to me! :-D

DownUnderNZer

MOON (Lenormand) -

Can refer to the Esoteric realms, Psychic abilities, Intuition and/or even Astral Projection.

It definitely relates to emotions on a deep level and if next to cards like FOX or CLOUDS emotional deception or an unstable emotional person. But by itself - no negative meaning at all.

It is good when looking at a "time frame" with the MOON too. MOON has a very quick time frame as in days to a month.

I learnt two systems at the same time I think and didn't even know it, but from what I learnt I retained what fit for me. On the most part I haven't strayed too far from what I was shown, so that has to be a good thing. :)

Lil Red

I just had a synchronicity moment. I was just looking up this thread so I can reread about the moon. Next thing you know I drew the moon in my daily draws :laugh: