"Processes"- or Action/Reaction - either occasional or daily

LaurelBelle

I use this spread in the morning, but come to think of it there is nothing limiting it to a daily spread. I came up with this on my own, but it makes so much sense to me that there could be a similar spread, I only come by here occasionally so I'm not that familiar with what's availible. Please share with me if you know of something similar, I may like it more :).

This spread shows why we do what we do, and the interactions of spirit, heart, mind, and body. It's great for seeing how nearby cards affect other cards, and I developed it to learn dignities, but it also works well with reading stories through both collumns and rows. Have you used Umbrae's Love Spread? ( Hope I spelled that right). In the description she talks about how the spread is read as a whole, and to step back from it to see the large picture. I was thinking of that aspect of her spread when I designed this, the interaction of the cards here can not be stressed enough, they all depend on each other and it is the main feature of the spread. Not just the cards that touch each other affect each other. Our spirit, mind, heart, and body all affect each other, and the things we do affects what is done to us just as much as the other way around. I'll label the collumns and rows.

Note: spirit also refers to general energy levels and outlook in its general sense, so is appropriate for secular belief systems.

.........................................................Spirit......Heart.... Mind... Body/ External and Physical World
What is done to us.............................. 1..........2............3...........4
How we internally process this.......... 5......... 6............7...........8
How we act as a result........................9..........10..........11.........12

Things usually given in a spread such as advice or warning are built in. You can see when the cards (especially the first one) apply as a lesson, or when an area will present a particular challenge and you should be warned. The layout develops your intuition for picking the most important cards for these questions. The underlaying cause of health issues or poor thoughts/habits may be found (such as the root of insomnia being physical rather than emotional, or poor energy levels shown as reversed cards in the mind so probably stress over malnutrition.) I've been using it for a while, along with an eight card spread that shows things like warning or lesson (the Dawn Spread in 78 Days Around The Tarot), and its been great to clarify. For instance, I might get The Lovers in the Dawn Spread as something that happens that afternoon, but in my Processes spread, The Lovers falls as an internal processing of the external spiritual event of an inverted Magician. So, rather than a visit from my boyfriend that afternoon, it is likely that I will work on correcting a misinterprecation of spiritual experiences, and this process will reflect the alchemical nature of the Lovers while I strive to achieve internal balance.

This spread has been good to me, and works well when developing storytelling skills or bringing out a balanced interpretation of a deck, I love the Archeon tarot but it seems to only speak of emotions to me on certian spreads. This spread shows me how to tell when it speaks of action. I also love using it with fantasy decks to enhance storytelling, or dow to earth decks to find the more practical and useful side of my emotions.

Sorry for any bad spelling, on a Nook, throws off my typing skills.