Deviant Moon Tarot question

kaleanna

Hello,

I keep seeming to pick up deviant moon but then I put it back down again. Please tell me about the Deviant Moon Tarot and what your experiences with it has been. I am not sure why I kinda seem drawn to it but then end up not getting it.

Thanks

kaleanna

Sulis

What do you mean by 'not getting it'? Is it a deck you own or are you wondering about buying it?

kaleanna

I have thought about buying it and I always seem to pick up the box, but then I put it back down and don't buy it. I seem kinda drawn to it but I end up talking myself out of buying it.

Sulis

Ah, I see. I thought you meant that you had it and kept picking it up but then putting it back down again without using it :).

I don't have it myself. I got it but I just didn't really like it as a reading deck so I traded it to someone who'd use it more than I did.

There are a few threads about it, this one may have what you're looking for in it: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=125330

If you do a 'titles only' search in Tarot Decks for 'Deviant Moon' you'll get loads and loads of threads to look through.

Golden Moon

kaleanna

It's worth getting kaleanna ;). I was in the same position as you are, then I finally got it and feel in love with it. There is so much to study with the symbols on the Deviant Moon Tarot.

martyn_uk

I felt pretty much the same as Sulis did.I couldn't use it as a reading deck either :(
I liked the artwork but it didn't really 'speak' to me.I know it's a very popular deck so why don't you look at a few more scans of the cards and read other threads too before you decide :)

Essjay

I'm the same. I keep buying it and then can't get into it so trade it away. I must learn, lol.

:)

strings of life

Hi kaleanna - don't force it. The deck will speak to you when you are ready to be open to it. Sometimes, that never happens, but if it does, you will know. Like Sulis said, a bunch of threads will come up if you search.

I love the deck and find the imagery to be honest and thought-provoking. I love the deep colors and the deck feels "old" to me, like a wise friend who has experienced the slightly darker side of things.

Asbestos Mango

I just got the Deve a couple of weeks ago and I love it. It works great for me in my personal readings, although it did start off a bit clunky when I started doing readings in the Reading Exchange here at AT (although in the deck's defense, I was coming down sick when I first started trying to use it, so that probably threw me off some).

The artwork is fantastic if you're into surrealist art. I suppose you have to be a little bit mentally twisted to use it as a reading deck, though.

Maybe you should drop by the Enabling Thread and get some encouragement.

alice_addams

I definitely agree with aurarcana about the deep colors and the old feel! Lots of folks have said this is a dark deck, but there is humor, lightness, and beauty in there as well--just darkly colored and peopled with bizarre characters. It reads quite well for me, and each reading is like walking into a dreamscape. I trimmed mine, too, and now have even more of a personal attachment. You might say I'm biased. ;) Yes, for some people the art could be unsettling, so it really depends on your personality. I've always been a fan of surrealist art: perfect match!