Deviant Moon Tarot question

suedally

When I first saw this deck I wasn't attracted to it at all, but like you, I kept coming back to it. I eventually bought it and I really like it a lot. Maybe, you should get it and work with it for a bit and see if it "clicks". You can always trade it, if you don't like it. No harm in trying!

Hathor

The Deviant Moon is one of my favorite decks. I liked it as soon as I saw the on-line pictures, and once I took it out of the box, I was totally inlove. I know this deck doesn't resonate with many people because of the seemingly dark images, but I like weird and strange, and we get along perfectly. I don't find it to be a dark deck at all.

This deck doesn't beat around the bush. It is forthright, honest, and always accurate. Last year my sister went missing for a few months. I asked my Deviant friends whether she was alive, and if so, where could I find her. The cards I turned over were devastating to me but absolutely clear, and based on those images I began my own detective work and found my sister three days after. I will never forget that experience and I will always be grateful to my friends who inhabit the Deviant Moon world.

sparkles

I don't usually go for surreal but for some reason I loved this deck from the moment i saw it on this forum and have never regretted buying it. I find the images quirky and cute rather than dark and the characters really engage me in a way that no other deck has and for me (though still a novice) it definitely gave accurate readings from the very first shuffle.

iceclone

Hathor said:
The Deviant Moon is one of my favorite decks. I liked it as soon as I saw the on-line pictures, and once I took it out of the box, I was totally inlove. I know this deck doesn't resonate with many people because of the seemingly dark images, but I like weird and strange, and we get along perfectly. I don't find it to be a dark deck at all.

This deck doesn't beat around the bush. It is forthright, honest, and always accurate. Last year my sister went missing for a few months. I asked my Deviant friends whether she was alive, and if so, where could I find her. The cards I turned over were devastating to me but absolutely clear, and based on those images I began my own detective work and found my sister three days after. I will never forget that experience and I will always be grateful to my friends who inhabit the Deviant Moon world.

your story gave me goosebumps... I'm glad you found your sister.

My readings are very honest as well. It's straight to the point. I'm very happy with this deck.

Hathor

Thank you Iceclone, and I'm sorry I gave you the goosebumpies :)

Herzog

I started practicing with Deviant Moon today. Im coming off Kat Black's Golden tarot. So far I am really liking what Deviant Moon has to say...The images are clear yet full of symbolism. For example, the rope in the seven of swords is frayed and about the break, which will send the dangling sword attached to it straight down into the mouth of the performer ---ouch--- Talk about ill-conceived plans

I didn't notice the frayed rope at first, but this detail opens up all kinds of extra tension in the card.

The deck is full of these thoughtful, logical details

Morgane_49

It's an amazing deck, one of my favourites, and I know I'll be looking to these cards for answers for a very long time to come. It's blunt, it's honest, and I love the art. It's my 'go to' deck when I am feeling a little sorry for myself. It straightens me out, very quickly.

If I pick something up and put it back down, it's usually not the deck for me, even if I do it several times. If I've seen a deck and still have to ask about it, there isn't much sense in me buying it. I've learned to allow my intuition free reign when choosing decks, as well as reading with them!

Briar Rose

I love reading with the Deviant Moon. The cards just speak to me.

nisaba

I bought it, thinking it was an interesting-looking dark deck, and I was amazingly disappointed in it. Not horrified, not revulsed, I just felt a big, fat nothing.

I eventually loaned it to the teenage daughter of a friend of mine, who claims to be enjoying it and says she loves it - but it sits on a shelf for months on end, doing nothing.