gsf~Is it a small *WORLD* after all?

mooncat2

Thanks for your answers, MoondreameR - this is proving to a fascinating thread.

I/M
I spent an evening with this card last night and I think the purple fog must have got me.
I see how the dwellings seem to be huddled close to the wall and where are the people - not a soul in sight. Are they all indoors?
The tower is on top of a hill and is reached by a long winding path. The dragon looks to see if there just might be someone coming up the path. He's sad and lonely up there all by himself - he wants someone to come and play with him.

This card reminds me of the day I climbed Glastonbury Tor - what a climb only a few hours after a 26 hour flight. Tor-ment!!. But at the top looking over the Summer country, Camelot - a dream come true - Magic!

Imagemaker

I too, think it's significant that there's no people there. Many different styles of towers and everyone inside, hiding?

I would normally never see a fey dragon, given the mood of this deck, as dangerous or attacking. But in that moment I drew the card on the Magic Bus trip, the image hit me as "everyone is imprisoned there"--as the snail slowly sails through space.

That world was not a place where I could share my writing about expanded mind (which was too long and dry anyway, I deleted the worst of it).

So I just went with my first negative reaction in my posting. And I admit that this deck is new to me. I've not worked with it other than a few looks. And of course the world card in other decks is great!

So is the fey world a cute little town with a playful dragon . . . or is that the facade covering the truth . . .

The profoundness of tarot is that each card can be interpreted in the moment, in the context of the issue--it is so deep and useful!

Pook

lunalafey said:
"what is the snails destination?"

This took some thought for me to come up with an answer that rang true enough for me. Perhaps the snail is like your 'magic bus' and his destination is where-ever the fey on board tell him to go. If it is like the city transit system, maybe he even picks up new fey along the way.

lunalafey

Every card has it's positive and negitive- I think what is seen in the boundries & limitations are the flipside.
I don't use reversals with this deck- so to see this side of the world is enriching, I had never seen it like that.
I viewed it much like moondreamer, walls of protection for the habitat. But then, you guys come along, and then I wonder, maybe this trio are looking for a society, the perfect group of like minded, to live happily ever after within this 'planet'.
Another thing that came to mind while reading through the thread, there is a reversal of rolls so to speak.
Is it not the Dragon who is large and omnipotant here, it is the snail, this normally slow, self sufficiant being is now the one who's home upon his back is no longer just his home, but carries the 'weight of the world'

The purpose of the gfs- and the void adventures is using the intuitive aspects of reading cards.
I really like what I'm reading....