Odd Historical Decks ~ January 2016

dancing_moon

Welcome, guys! :D

No, 1JJ is eligible for TdM Circle, so it can get its playtime there. ;)

rachelcat

Oh, fun! Please sign me up!

I think I'll go WAYout on a limb and use my Mantegna . . . . Or maybe a choice of that or a Vachetta or Minchie . . .

dancing_moon

Welcome! :) You still have time to choose, but the choice is tough. :D

AnemoneRosie

Given all of the tough choices, perhaps we can make this a bi-yearly thing?

Metafizzypop

I'll be using the Gumppemberg Ancient Tarot of Lombardy.

dancing_moon

Given all of the tough choices, perhaps we can make this a bi-yearly thing?

This is a one-off Circle as of now, but if it persists, it won't be frequent, bimonthly at most. :)

I'll be using the Gumppemberg Ancient Tarot of Lombardy.

Ancient Tarot of Lombardy is eligible for TdM Circle, so it's not really eligible here. :) If you still have Book of Thoth Etteilla and Minchiate, any of those is good.

Metafizzypop

Ancient Tarot of Lombardy is eligible for TdM Circle, so it's not really eligible here. :) If you still have Book of Thoth Etteilla and Minchiate, any of those is good.

The Lombardy is filed in with the Marseille decks? It's not a Marseille-style deck at all, though. Well, whatever.

I do happen to have both the Etteilla book of Thoth as well as a Minchiate deck. I'll go for the Etteilla then.

dancing_moon

The Lombardy is filed in with the Marseille decks? It's not a Marseille-style deck at all, though. Well, whatever.

It's not really 'filed in' with them, no. But it still fills the requirements:

Decks:
The TdM Exchange is a friendly and fun place to share and develop our reading skills with Tarot de Marseille decks, other historic decks with non-scenic pips and Tarot de Marseille inspired modern decks.

The point of this Circle is to pull out and read those decks that are significantly different from TdM in concept rather than in imagery style or a few name changes. Hope this makes things clearer. :)

Madame Squee

Hi dancing_moon,

I'd love to sign up!

My first choice is the Egipcios Kier.

Will it fit into the Odd Historical category?

xos