The Maiden 14

Satori

I think that regardless of what we share here, we need to sort of keep in mind that as healers and readers (because to me reading is a form of healing that I am doing for myself and others) the cards will show us what we need to see for ourselves and our clients at that point in time. For whatever reason I was seeing the Down's Syndrome aspect of the Maiden, that was what needed healing in me, at that moment.

More recently my work with the Maiden has shifted. The Down's energy that used to be so strong in her has taken a back seat and these days her message is much different. I see her as the wisdom of childhood. That our children have so much knowledge, and we need to learn to honor it and not fear it. That we can meet them on some kind of playing field without having to be "in charge", and if not as equals, then as partners in learning and sharing.

I remember when I was younger and was so sensitive and empathic. I had no idea that I was dealing with being a psychic child. I was just very, very sensitive. I was a very feeling person, very much able to know how the people around me were feeling. I never knew this was part of being psychic, and no one around me was tuned into this either, so there was no one to help me with it. When I see the Maiden with her quiet wisdom, her sense of waiting, I think of my own daughters and wonder how best to serve them, help them, guide them toward understanding their gifts. In fact I think of other psychic children as well, so when she appears in a reading, I'm sometimes wondering if the person sitting with me has a psychic child.

I have decided that the meanings for these cards are alive inside of me, and that just because they are old friends, I don't have to tack them to the wall with stale definitions that never change. One of the many things I love about this Oracle is that the Faeries are very fluid and changeable and resilient.

Jewel

Satori said:
I have decided that the meanings for these cards are alive inside of me, and that just because they are old friends, I don't have to tack them to the wall with stale definitions that never change. One of the many things I love about this Oracle is that the Faeries are very fluid and changeable and resilient.
Excellent observation. That is how I feel about this deck and about the faeries. But that does apply to other decks as well.

qwaychou

I enjoy this card. I see so many things when I look at her.
I see her crown chakra flared up, reminding me that children and youthful in nature can find it easiest to connect to the Universe. She has cute, rounded wings, as apposed to the rest of the deck, like they have not yet unfurled all the way.
She has a self-assuredness, and a trust in the good in life.
One of her wingstalks points downward and is dark, showing me that youth is a passing change, the first of many changes in one's life.
She even looks to me a bit naieve and may on occassion behave childishly.