Lo Scarabeo: Tarot Compendium Kickstarter

ayuryogini

Just backed with the Etteilla deck option; I'm excited to be a backer of this campaign. I have the other 2 books, but Tarot wasn't much on my radar at the time they were published.

Babalon Jones

Just checked out the Table of Contents. I'm interested in the "elemental dignities" section but am trying not to succumb until I know if that section is extensive or just a couple of pages. (Did I mention my terrible book addiction? Must resist! :livelong: I buy tarot books the way some of you buy decks and am running out of room!)

Someone who has backed it though should message them about the typos on the Table of Contents so they can correct them before it goes to print. (I see three things that need to be fixed, unless "gemometry" is a new discipline involving precious stones :p ) Since it isn't printed until they get the money, theoretically anyway, there is time to fix it so one of you backers should message them.

gregory

Just checked out the Table of Contents. I'm interested in the "elemental dignities" section but am trying not to succumb until I know if that section is extensive or just a couple of pages. (Did I mention my terrible book addiction? Must resist! :livelong: I buy tarot books the way some of you buy decks and am running out of room!)

Someone who has backed it though should message them about the typos on the Table of Contents so they can correct them before it goes to print. (I see three things that need to be fixed, unless "gemometry" is a new discipline involving precious stones :p ) Since it isn't printed until they get the money, theoretically anyway, there is time to fix it so one of you backers should message them.
Will do :)

(I got 4. I HATE youblisher...)

rwcarter

Just checked out the Table of Contents. I'm interested in the "elemental dignities" section but am trying not to succumb until I know if that section is extensive or just a couple of pages.
Not to dissuade you or anything, but you don't need that book when you have Aeclectic! - Elemental Dignities Study Group Discussion & Index Thread

(Did I mention my terrible book addiction? Must resist! :livelong: I buy tarot books the way some of you buy decks and am running out of room!)
Almost 700 tarot books including full companion books, but not LWBs or pamphlets.

Oh lordy. :bugeyed: :rolleyes: In the table of contents? Really? Ugh.

Rodney

Babalon Jones

Will do :)

(I got 4. I HATE youblisher...)

I do too; I had a lot of trouble with it on some browsers.

And I also passed on the info about the TOC errors so hopefully they can correct it before it goes to print. (Though I kind of wish Gemometry was a real thing, I picture it sort of like gnostic gemstones used for geomantic interpretation.)

Not to dissuade you or anything, but you don't need that book when you have Aeclectic! - Elemental Dignities Study Group Discussion & Index Thread

Almost 700 tarot books including full companion books, but not LWBs or pamphlets.

Rodney

Thanks for the link - I somehow missed that section.

Wow, I thought I had a big collection Tarot books. I feel ever so much better about my now relatively small problem! :cool5: (I refuse to count them, though!)

I just found out that this Volume has 11 full pages on the Elemental Dignities, not including illustrations, assuming that the publisher uses all of the material provided. I hope they do. Now I am leaning towards getting the book. I have to catch up to Rodney :p

If I could I'd buy just the Elemental Dignities section and the Alchemy section, just out of curiosity I may get it for those two alone. Alchemy in Tarot is such a potentially rich topic.

gregory

I only have 184 books (not counting the ones that come in kits with decks.) I feel like such a newb compared to Rodney...

Babalon Jones

Well I am now one book closer to catching up to Rodney, anyway!

Babalon Jones

Well since I decided to back this to check out the content of V3 in person rather than wait for reviews I got an email update this morning, and now am curious about the Etteilla deck. They show a picture of it with a few cards shown, in the recent update, but don't say much about it. It looks more like the "Grand Etteilla" with some keywords removed, than the "Book of Thoth Etteilla" LS already published when I look at the pictures in the AT database, but not exactly like either. Looks like an interesting deck though. Does anyone know more about it?

Babalon Jones

No one yet commented on that Etteilla deck but I am thinking of adding it to my pledge, just because I am reading Ronald Decker's "Esoteric Tarot" (which is very good) and there is a lot in there about Jean-Baptiste Alliette. I'm not sure if I'd read with them but it has piqued my interest (and I now can explain the card they show on the box, with a woman raising her skirts to a snake!)

DeToX

I asked them which Etteilla deck it would be but haven't heard back yet. I agree about the stock photos. Why do I need every little thing illustrated? I'm all for them using a photographer to photograph cards and so on, but stock photos are just so cheesy and add little to nothing. It results in half the book being just wasted space and puts the cost up. I suspect it is to appeal to the younger generation. I personally feel like my intelligence is being insulted, but there you go. The trouble with this type of approach is that it can mask a lack of substance or volume on each topic.