Hermetic Tarot

Grigori

The GD referred to both the Knight and the Princes as Kings, depending on the context/author. Just smile and nod; as long as you know which one is on a horse and which one is in a chariot that is all you need :)

The Guided Hermit

Le Fanu said:
It would be interesting for someone to check if the pixelated cards have been rectified...

I seem to remember the Queen of Swords was noticably pixelated, but I don't have my deck at hand. Could someone who receives a deck NOW verifiy and see if all the cards are very sharp? Maybe U.S Games have tweaked them...

As I mentioned in an earlier post here, mine deck is beautiful with no QC issues at all. My deck was purchased new from Amazon in December 2009.

thorhammer

Mine's a 2006 model and all the printing numbers are in the LWB, which says it's the first print run of that printing, right?

In my deck, six cards are fuzzy:

VIII Fortitude
XVI The Blasted Tower
3 of Cups
3 of Swords
7 of Swords
7 of Pentacles

The rest are beautifully crisp and defined. I especially adore the Cups and Pentacles suits (though I wish Pents were Disks).

\m/ Kat

teomat

thorhammer said:
Maybe this helps you, maybe not.

\m/ Kat
It does help. Thanks Kat! :)

It actually sounds quite romantic in a way. It makes me think of stories/myths where a great King is born from an old king (or Knight) and queen - like King Arthur (or Luke Skywalker :D). Probably not what was intended by the Golden Dawn, but it works for me.

*sigh* I think I've just been enabled...

thorhammer

teomat said:
It does help. Thanks Kat! :)

It actually sounds quite romantic in a way. It makes me think of stories/myths were a great King is born from an old king (or Knight) and queen - like King Arthur (or Luke Skywalker :D). Probably not what was intended by the Golden Dawn, but it works for me.

*sigh* I think I've just been enabled...
I think you'll be surprised at how close it is to the GD intent ;) Have you read the Book of Thoth? It's hard going, I will allow, but do yourself a favour and check out at least the chapter (and the extra bits) on the Fool and the Courts. That will help you :)

\m/ Kat