Earth Magic by Farmer is gorgeous.

decan

The card backs annoy me, actually. To me they read as being upside-down. I want to put the bright sunny tree at the top... but it's the bottom. I think that this might be the only deck where I don't take the cards off sideways but rather top to bottom.
Above it's a tree at dawn whereas below the back depicted a tree at twilight. For me that's nice, nevertheless in this deck we can't read the cards reversals, but I don't know yet if I will read the cards reversals with my Tarot as well.

decan

While I adore all off the beautiful painted atmospheric scenes, I really love the Dreamtime card too.
I agree!
Below another pic to show some cards. This time I chose some of them I prefer in the deck.
151007084953654123.jpg

decan

Above it's a tree at dawn whereas below the back depicted a tree at twilight. For me that's nice, nevertheless in this deck we can't read the cards reversals, but I don't know yet if I will read the cards reversals with my Tarot as well.
I guess that it's this, but it could be simply its reflection in the water...:)

AnemoneRosie

I guess that it's this, but it could be simply its reflection in the water...:)

I just find it frustrating. The bright orange glow should be at the top. It's "lighter" (has less weight) than the darker side. Putting dark at the top feels wrong.

But when the biggest issue that I have with the deck thus far is the card back that's okay. I do agree about DNA though. It's a bit lacklustre. I've not yet had it come up for me in a reading so I'm not sure how I'd react.

Alta

As I just got this deck yesterday and haven't set the time aside yet to go through it, I really appreciate the comments here. Hoping to join in the discussion soon.

So far I would say the cards and booklet are pretty typical of Hay House so I wasn't surprised at the card feel and look. I started to read the booklet in bed last night but got annoyed at the whole ritual aspect he recommends (fine, just not for me). probably shouldn't have started when I was so tired. :)

danieljuk

I use the book as a guide but not absolute, like the rest of Hay House stuff :) Hope you enjoy reading with it Alta, I read from the cards and use the book as an idea but go with my own intuition and what is in the pictures.

I really really love the backs and the way the image has a reverse image! you can actually read the image in different ways, for years I thought it was the tree and roots but then it's a reflection in water, or is it the roots under water? If you want a good canopy and to branch out you need strong roots :)

AnemoneRosie

I find that the ritual stuff was word for word the same as the Doreen Virtue ritual stuff. It must be a Hay House thing. As such I ignore it. I'm not one for ritual beyond a good shuffle.

Alta

I decided to forgo the book and read from the cards. I just spent a very intense period with them and I am impressed. I went through and asked for a card or two on every one of my real life relationships and the results rocked me back. Okay, first oracle I have gotten in ages and I am very very pleased with it.

lark

I decided to forgo the book and read from the cards. I just spent a very intense period with them and I am impressed. I went through and asked for a card or two on every one of my real life relationships and the results rocked me back. Okay, first oracle I have gotten in ages and I am very very pleased with it.
I'm so glad you like it Alta!
Good assignment for it too..really got a chance to show you it's voice.

MagsStardustBlack

I started to read the booklet in bed last night but got annoyed at the whole ritual aspect he recommends (fine, just not for me). probably shouldn't have started when I was so tired. :)

I am a big fan of this deck, yet I don't give the book a second look, the cards speak for themselves šŸ˜Š