the urnash tarot

rwcarter

Egypt,

Glad to see you're working on this again! Hope you're all settled in from your move.

If the "much better rough" is supposed to be a link, it doesn't work.

Rodney

cronegoddess54

Just beautiful!!! They look like "keeper" to me... on my wish list.
CG54

Egypt Urnash

OOps, forgot to actually paste in the link. Dur. Fixed.

And yeah, the move's pretty much done, I'm still unpacking stuff but things are largely functional in my studio. There's not too much left to do, just eight cards that I've been slowly iterating sketches on until I get the right statement for these last few pieces of the puzzle, the LWB, and a quick polishing pass through the whole deck to plug a few holes and add some… interesting… effects that I don't want to spoil the surprise on yet.

rwcarter

I like surprises! :D

Londubh

I am so excited that this deck will finally be published!

kaesrel

Ooh the new Fool is very nice, and I love the text accompanying it. So glad that you're one step closer to completing the deck!

I have a question about the Fools. On your tarot page, the thumbnail for the 0 Fool doesn't match the two 0 Fools you've drawn. I know you've shown us this card before because I can remember the full version of it, but I can't find it. =( What was wrong with it?

Egypt Urnash

There've been five Fool images that people have seen. There might've been a couple more abortive sketches but I can't remember offhand.

There was the very first drawing I made for this project, which ended up put aside as Just Not Being A Good Drawing, along with five other cards in the initial batch of roughs.

And there was Fool (2), the first one I finished. Fall fool, Crone fool. I don't remember if it was before or after drawing that one that I decided to do three in the deck.

There's also Fool (1), done not too long after the traditional 78 cards were finished, IIRC - Summer fool, Mother fool.

And then there was the not-quite-right attempt at this one, from a month or so ago.

And this one is the Maiden fool, coming two years after the whole project began. Not so much the Springtime fool as the City fool.

The thumbnail on the deck's page is the half-assedly rough colors of the sketch from the very beginning of the whole project; updating the thumbnails on that page is a manual process I haven't taken the time to bother with. What was wrong with it? Let's see. Weird proportions, awkward pose, costume that really didn't come together. Colors that never really gelled. It worked fine as a vague template for the others - it's where the watching hover-cameras came from, it's where the dog-made-of-fire happened - but it was also an awkward warm-up drawing that never really felt like a complete statement.

Egypt Urnash

ooh, thanks for fixing my broken link, Alta. n.n

kaesrel

Egypt Urnash said:
There've been five Fool images that people have seen. There might've been a couple more abortive sketches but I can't remember offhand.

There was the very first drawing I made for this project, which ended up put aside as Just Not Being A Good Drawing, along with five other cards in the initial batch of roughs.

And there was Fool (2), the first one I finished. Fall fool, Crone fool. I don't remember if it was before or after drawing that one that I decided to do three in the deck.

There's also Fool (1), done not too long after the traditional 78 cards were finished, IIRC - Summer fool, Mother fool.

And then there was the not-quite-right attempt at this one, from a month or so ago.

And this one is the Maiden fool, coming two years after the whole project began. Not so much the Springtime fool as the City fool.

The thumbnail on the deck's page is the half-assedly rough colors of the sketch from the very beginning of the whole project; updating the thumbnails on that page is a manual process I haven't taken the time to bother with. What was wrong with it? Let's see. Weird proportions, awkward pose, costume that really didn't come together. Colors that never really gelled. It worked fine as a vague template for the others - it's where the watching hover-cameras came from, it's where the dog-made-of-fire happened - but it was also an awkward warm-up drawing that never really felt like a complete statement.

Ooh thanks for clearing that up! :D I hope you weren't offended, I didn't mean to be rude; I was just a little confused. I was worried I missed something lol. Thanks again. :)