Earthair Experimental Elemental Reading Method. Exercise 6

earthair

Which way up is up?

Ever get the feeling the cards are all the wrong way around?

Ever lay out the spread, think what the heck? and get up and do your reading from the other side of the table?

If you are standing up at the South Pole, are you really hanging upsidedown off the bottom of the planet?

What if...there are no Reversals? :eek:

Up is an illusion. It all depends on your point of view. :bugeyed:

First think how you want to think of the 4 compass points. Get a piece of paper, draw a simple compass, and write everything you can think of which each compass point is associated for you personally- eg seasons, positions in Celtic Cross, time of day, colours, directions, past present future, astrological associations (I don't use astrology so you're on your own with that :shhh: !) solstices, geography, people...

Here's my spread from this morning, if you're viewing this on a smartphone then simply rotate the smartphone 4 times so a different Anchor card is at the bottom for each version of your reading. Or save image to your device and rightclick to rotate clockwise a few times. Or if your deck has arrived, deal yourself a spread on a table and view it from all angles.

http://i.imgur.com/sQtNZch.jpg

So, what does this all mean?

Although the Earthair Spread deals itself out with the centre card telling you which compass point to place the first Anchor in, this might not be the best way round to view the finished spread. Just like when you use a compass, you don't always need to head north, you just need to know where north is, so you can head in any direction you want and work out your bearings.

With this spread, being able to read it from every point of view (POV) gives you 4 times the information. You can read it from the POV of each element. You can assign a person's POV to each direction. You can add the in-between points like South West if you want more detail. Try it with the Wild Wood Tarot Wheel of the Year.

Keep your piece of paper alongside the spread, oriented so North stays aligned with the first Anchor card which the centre card pointed to...OR always keep North as whichever Anchor appears in the position furthest from you when you deal. Try both ways!