King of Pentacles

Babymaker

Hi all,

When I was a young adult many years ago I used to asked myself the same question over and over again when I was single and I kept pulling the same card out but I was so new to tarot. Now that im on the forum id love to see what people think. Im curious to know what the case was. I've always wondered.

So like 10 yrs ago I used to ask the tarot 'why wont guys approach me' and I got the King of Pentacles every single time. It was unbelievable. Is this a question I can ask? Im wondering if this means that I am an earthy masculine superior type of woman or if it means this is the type of man I require and all those men were not? Perhaps a lot of men out there were already in committed relationships and serious which is what I think this card symbolises. Or perhaps some of those men were too rebellious for what I needed.

I would say my husband has King of Pentacles qualities and I love it. But I pursued him, he didn't approach me.

IndigoViolet

I am not in so much state if reading but, it depends on the first thing coming to your eyes when you see that card. Before I put (a little bit of) my thought.

And by the way, your situation reasonates with something happened to me when I did a self reading, which it seems so closely related.

Babymaker

I am not in so much state if reading but, it depends on the first thing coming to your eyes when you see that card. Before I put (a little bit of) my thought.

And by the way, your situation reasonates with something happened to me when I did a self reading, which it seems so closely related.

Well my first impression was that I like men with Taurus qualities, so maybe those guys didn't have that. My second impression was that they saw me as someone wanting these high qualities. I don't know if I can say I am the king of pentacles. Im more the knight or page of pentacles.

Saskia

Maybe they could sense/guess you were looking for someone serious, husband, family man, provider(?), instead of a fling. Men who want to fool around don't want to get involved with "too serious" women in fears it becomes clingy and messy; and men who consider commitment but not too early or too young, might be scared off by the idea that they'd need to know off the bat whether it will grow into something steady.

Alternatively, none of the men you're thinking about with this question were not manly and mature enough to actually make a move. It's quite a burden for men to be expected to always take the first step and hence, take all the risk of rejection.

Babymaker

Maybe they could sense/guess you were looking for someone serious, husband, family man, provider(?), instead of a fling. Men who want to fool around don't want to get involved with "too serious" women in fears it becomes clingy and messy; and men who consider commitment but not too early or too young, might be scared off by the idea that they'd need to know off the bat whether it will grow into something steady.

Alternatively, none of the men you're thinking about with this question were not manly and mature enough to actually make a move. It's quite a burden for men to be expected to always take the first step and hence, take all the risk of rejection.

Haha yes this is me to a t :). I think both of your descriptions may be the reasons.

This also reminded me of when I was a teenager and 2 guys told me I was the type of woman men marry :). And one guy once told me I was very serious.

IndigoViolet

Great. I will put my answer here. It was the same card that both attract a Love and drive another away. It was twisting and hard to believe nor explain. That is, when I now think of it, exactly what real life is about. However this will depend on whether you are in a positive state to attract positivity, or in a negative state to attract negativity, or drive people you wanted away. For me, I just went like boom, now I just know.

Perhaps your case is similar. The King of Pentacles is the person, and thus is the same card that drive away the rest. The person who became the true fit for you.

Adriana

I was thinking the same, that you were a serious person and the men maybe didn't feel man enough or serious enough for you! You could have seemed very put together and stable for your age.

Im happy you have found your husband being what you need :)

Babymaker

I was thinking the same, that you were a serious person and the men maybe didn't feel man enough or serious enough for you! You could have seemed very put together and stable for your age.

Im happy you have found your husband being what you need :)

Yeah I did have to mature pretty early in my life. Actually, I was always mature. Being immature is very difficult for me.

As for men approaching me, I feel like if I were to wait for the right man to pursue me I would have to wait my whole life. Only immature cheeky chasers pursued me and left me severely disappointed. So I guess it's a blessing I decided to take my fate into my own hands and go after my husband. I mean they say in relationships you need to let the guy go after you otherwise he wont be interested. But I see nothing wrong in spotting the man you want and then sending him signs that you are interested and see if it's reciprocated. I still remember when I started going out with my husband and everyone was curious to know who that 'special man' was who won my heart :).

Ruby Jewel

Hi all,

When I was a young adult many years ago I used to asked myself the same question over and over again when I was single and I kept pulling the same card out but I was so new to tarot. Now that im on the forum id love to see what people think. Im curious to know what the case was. I've always wondered.

So like 10 yrs ago I used to ask the tarot 'why wont guys approach me' and I got the King of Pentacles every single time. It was unbelievable. Is this a question I can ask? Im wondering if this means that I am an earthy masculine superior type of woman or if it means this is the type of man I require and all those men were not? Perhaps a lot of men out there were already in committed relationships and serious which is what I think this card symbolises. Or perhaps some of those men were too rebellious for what I needed.

I would say my husband has King of Pentacles qualities and I love it. But I pursued him, he didn't approach me.

King of Pentacles doesn't pursue anyone....Taurus is like Ferdinand the Bull. He is too busy napping under a tree or smelling the flowers to be distracted by some "passing fancy." Maybe the cards were saying you would have to do the pursuing instead of waiting for the man you are destined for to pursue you.