Marseilles Seekers Thread (Fourth Exercise)

EnriqueEnriquez

Good Question!

Satori said:
I think that Iugement is Judgement, right?

Yes. That’s the way is written on the Noblet.

Satori said:
Wow, how did you get those cards from the letters...that is a trick.

It is all about noticing the movement.

The Letter E and the letter L both move forward. But the E moves in all three levels, like a knight on a horse, while the L goes “on foot”, like a valet, or our Fool. If you notice it, the E seems a horse standing in two legs, while the L looks like a boot. :) The Letter S moves back and forward from heaven to earth. I see the same communication in The Tower, Judgement. These are the cards in which the characters at the bottom react or dialoge with the heavenly elements. The letter A shows, almost literally, the magicians two legs standing up straight.

It is all about detecting patterns and shape, but also, about understanding that shape is a manifestation of movement. A snapshot, as Rudolph Laban would put it.

Everything is as interesting as we perceive it to be.

Best,

EE

Phine

EnriqueEnriquez said:
This is extraordinary! Well done.

Thank you very much - this exercise was much easier to me than the pips ;) . Perhaps it was because I had no prior knowledge of this subject.
The pips are quite difficult to detach from what I´ve learned about the elements etc. :( - especially the wands and swords... But I´m on my way of leaving that behind! (Not forgetting it at all, but it won´t be the first thought before looking at the pictures, rhymes and rhythms.).
Here I could just go with the flow. The letters had a life on their own (?) and were interacting spontaneously. A great experience!!!

EnriqueEnriquez said:
I would rephrase it like this: Ideas are like milk: you either drink it or throw it away, because after a few days it gets rancid. Phine needs to act upon certain ideas, either by sharing them, or by discarding them. This way she will be empty enough for new ideas to come in.
You´re right - that hits the nail right on the head... That´s me ;) !

Blessings,
Phine

lark

I didn't read anyone elses because I don't want to be influenced by their ideas for their letters.

I was sitting at my desk and was just staring at a book with the work NEST in the title so I started thinking about the letters and here is what I saw.

NEST

N~ is like a yawn and a stretch on waking up. Hermit

E~ is the 3 forms of I... body, mind, and spirit. Star

S~ is the winding path you take, but you don't always know what is around the next bend. Tower

T~ is arms held out to embrace the now. World

After many twists and turns you have awakened to your authentic self and found that all there is, is NOW.

Hummm...I must be reading too much Tolle.

firecatpickles

I like your looking at the letter shapes as Majors archetypes!

Like all good elementary teachers, am going to steal this one!

lark

Kilted Kat said:
I like your looking at the letter shapes as Majors archetypes!

Like all good elementary teachers, am going to steal this one!
You are a scamp...don't hide behind that teacher thing...Bateleur or Pope?
:love: ;)

EnriqueEnriquez

Mosaica,

I just wanted to say that I love the “Making Connections” exercises you are doing on your blog.

Nice!

EE

Hooked on TdM

Okay I got mine done. I got the random word, RANTET.

Mine came out more like a fluid story line...

R- protecting oneself while branching out with the bottom leg
A- going uphill and coming back down in one fluid movement
N- Jumping up, falling down and getting back up again
T- spinning in a circle with arms flung wide to encompass the sky
E- Loss of balance after spinning and tossing arms and feet out to one side to regain equilibrium
T- spinning in a circle all over again, with arms out towards the sky to enjoy the new found freedom.

*shrugs*
Hooked

Satori

It occurs to me that the letters meanings will remain consistent, and that the nuances will be revealed as we see them paired up with other letters. So for example, E will always be about reaching toward something, perhaps toward the future, but how it connects to other letters or doesn't connect will influence how it is read. Just like the Majors. Have I got that right?

Satori

One More Try

EE said:
The letter I would represent the individual (not because the word 'individual' starts with an I, but because the letter I is made by one simple stroke). Now, lets assume that our sense of being gets reshaped by our sense of becoming. This is, when the vertical axis represented by the letter I is activated horizontal-wise, we have the letter I reshaping itself to form all the other letters in the alphabet. (I do this with the cards all the time. I look at the first card on a row, then at the last one, and ask myself: "what needs to happen for this image to become that other one"). Just as The Empress has to let her motherly energy erupt to become The Tower, the letter I breaks apart to become receptive to the ground and we have a letter A. When the letter I grows arms to embrace the world it created the letter B. If the letter I curves itself, forming a letter C, it becomes receptive towards the future.

I want to try this again.

BIRD

1. B-This is energy that tries to move outward, but gets turned back onto and into itself, but needing to express itself more tries again, and again, decides to return to the Self. I think of this as the song of the Bird. That in the very first letter of the word BIRD we already see expressed that the BIRD sings for itself, not it's audience. The song and the bird are intertwined, so much so that I don't even know if a bird would actually have words for song.

2. I-Looking at the quote above, about being and becoming I would say that the idea I discussed in the first letter shows that the song and the bird are one, and yet there is a motion toward more and we get the R.

3. R-Interesting, because here we see the B beginning to form again, but something arrests the inward motion stopping it and allowing the movement to succeed and the song to erupt.

4. D-But here again in the D we see that there is almost a sense of completion of wholeness as in the O, but the sequence chooses to ground and then move outward and then return to the source. Here is a hug, an embrace, a choice to return home, and come back to the center.

I think this is the choice that is made by the Hermit when he shines his light. It is about doing something, not for entertainment even if others might be entertained or enlightened. It is doing something simply for the joy of it or because it is what one does. Any affect that arrives because of that is secondary. I think this is what BEing is all about.

Edit:
there are other things BIRD does that are simply because it CAN. Flight is one. I think we can add flight in here as well.

firefrost

Okay, I used my name.

FIREFROST

F – Reaches out, but unlike the ‘E’ is a little uncertain and nervous

I – Oh, dear – something I’ve never tried before – I don’t know if I can…

R – Wait - if I gather a little confidence…Yesm there’ll be hiccups on the way and

I’ll probably spend half my time wanting to turn back but I’ll go forwards anyway.

E – March on!

F – Yes, a bit rocky, but this is definitely the way.

R – Still a little hesitant but much more confident now.

O – Am I going round in circles? No, I think I’ve covered a lot of ground!

S – The long and winding road. Shows a continual learning curve where the letter is equal at all angles.

T – I think this is an interesting one. I’m in the middle of a junction where part of me is thinking I’m out of my league and another part is thinking ‘Go on, go on.'

I'm going on - hope I did it okay!