8 of Cups as Intentions

Leviosa

Someone has come back into my life and there is a long history between us. I got 8 of cups as their intentions.

I thought it might mean that J intends to "see how this goes" as they are in search of something more than what they had (turning the 8 cups into 9). No set plans really.

Does this card as an intention seem troubling to you?

IndigoWaves

It appears that J intends to keep looking for something/someone else instead of investing in you. Either there's just no real interest in the Cups that you offer, or this person considers you a springboard of emotional support (maybe a 'rebound', if applicable) that helps to propel the search.

rwcarter

To quote Judge Judy, I often see the 8C as the "put a period and get on with your life" card. Was there unfinished business between the two of you? If so, J's reappearance could be to finish that business (stacking up those 8 cups) so s/he can finally move on.

Rodney

Grizabella

Quite honestly, I think it all depends on what the history is between you two. That's the telling factor about what the 8 of Cups means in your reading. That and the other cards in the spread, which you can't post here. You could post the whole spread in Your Readings and put a link here if you want more feedback from us.

Not knowing the history or the other cards in the spread, I'd say the 8 of Cups could mean that this person has moved on from whatever issues there might be from your history together so there's now closure. Or else they want to move on but there are issues between the two of you that prevent that so they're seeking to resolve them.

Leviosa

It appears that J intends to keep looking for something/someone else instead of investing in you. Either there's just no real interest in the Cups that you offer, or this person considers you a springboard of emotional support (maybe a 'rebound', if applicable) that helps to propel the search.

A rebound is definitely applicable. I figured I should be prepared for J to disappear at any moment. Sigh.

Leviosa

To quote Judge Judy, I often see the 8C as the "put a period and get on with your life" card. Was there unfinished business between the two of you? If so, J's reappearance could be to finish that business (stacking up those 8 cups) so s/he can finally move on.

Rodney

No unfinished business from my perspective. Perhaps from J's? So as far as my own emotions and sanity go, should I tread carefully?

Leviosa

Quite honestly, I think it all depends on what the history is between you two. That's the telling factor about what the 8 of Cups means in your reading. That and the other cards in the spread, which you can't post here. You could post the whole spread in Your Readings and put a link here if you want more feedback from us.

Not knowing the history or the other cards in the spread, I'd say the 8 of Cups could mean that this person has moved on from whatever issues there might be from your history together so there's now closure. Or else they want to move on but there are issues between the two of you that prevent that so they're seeking to resolve them.

Grizabella, this is the only card drawn. Given our history, J could've moved on with their life. I was working so hard for that relationship with no reciprocation. And I finally gave it up. Then bam here comes J. Do you agree with IndigoWaves on the idea of me being a rebound?

rwcarter

No unfinished business from my perspective. Perhaps from J's? So as far as my own emotions and sanity go, should I tread carefully?
You asked about J's intentions. J's intentions might be to finish unfinished business with you. If you don't know what that unfinished business might be, then, yes, you should tread carefully.

[Mod Hat On]
Going back to Grizabella's question and your answer, if this is a complete one card reading, then this thread needs to be moved to Your Readings. If you only pulled one card for the question/position of intentions, but you pulled other cards for other questions/positions in the reading, then this thread can stay in UTC.
[/Mod Hat Off]

Leviosa

[Mod Hat On]
Going back to Grizabella's question and your answer, if this is a complete one card reading, then this thread needs to be moved to Your Readings. If you only pulled one card for the question/position of intentions, but you pulled other cards for other questions/positions in the reading, then this thread can stay in UTC.
[/Mod Hat Off]

rwcarter, this was only card drawn for this position. I drew three cards overall and they had to do with myself so to Grizabella...I don't see the other two affecting this third one.

Grizabella

Grizabella, this is the only card drawn. Given our history, J could've moved on with their life. I was working so hard for that relationship with no reciprocation. And I finally gave it up. Then bam here comes J. Do you agree with IndigoWaves on the idea of me being a rebound?

I think of a rebound in a somewhat different way than what I think you mean. I think maybe, though, that it could be sort of the same thing. Kind of a Ms. Right vs a Mz Right-Now. This person might just see you as someone near that's a sure thing to fill the gap left by someone else. They know how hard you tried to make it work so they think you're the most likely person they can fill that gap with without going through the process they'd have to go through with someone now.