Death Ten Cups Feelings

SweetSiren

The cards showed up in that order, side by side. Which I find pretty important because Death is a big one.
It's a "what a feels for b" kind of thing :/

It's such a funny contrast, which is why I decided to post about it here. Total doom in one card, Death takes no prisoners. Then, the happiest card in the deck. I understand that all cards have "shades", but you can't look at those two cards and not notice just how different they are.

I have a good handle on the Death card, it has always shown total change in whatever context you're reading. So, in a realm of feeling, there is certainty because something suddenly shifted perspective.

When I see the ten of cups, I see it like the World, but is more specific in describing that feeling of contentment. So, in this context, with Death before it, I'm thinking this person doesn't have personal feelings for the other; they don't have a personal relationship. But their overall demeanor is a happy, friendly one, so if they were to see them, they wouldn't avoid them. But it's more so because they are friendly with everyone, and it has little to do with the other person.

Any thoughts would be cool!

Padma

it's rather looking like "what A feels for B" is that A feels relieved it is over, or nearly over, and will be very happy once it is definitely done with. Tens show completion of a cycle, and Death definitely shows the end is coming soon upon A and B's feelings. Or at least, A's.

ETA that is to say, if they are in a relationship, at all. I wasn't sure if you were theorizing there at the end of your post, or knew for sure they had nothing going on. In any case, this reading to me is almost literal -
"No (Death) feelings (10 Cups)".

SweetSiren

No it's not a romantic relationship, if that changes anything. I do like the way you read it though. They told me that this person was pretty nice to them, so that's why I read the way that I did. Maybe they aren't speaking as much and the other person is actually, secretly happy about that despite their cordiality. I tend to read death linearly, if a card comes before it, that is what has died. If a card comes after, then that is what's coming. I'll put some thought into it.

headincloud

There may have been a hope of the vision in 10C with this person whose now realized this will not be so.

SweetSiren

Update:

The reading was for a friend, and I guess something happened between them that made her feel good, that all was well. Perhaps the cards were more indicative of her feelings, despite that they were supposed to be about the other's. She was worried that her and her friend were having a falling out, but turns out everything is really good. So Death in this case showed death of her anxieties and the ten of cups was a sign of what's to come. Feelings are hard to read for, and it probably showed the future actions of her friend rather than their feelings. They put a stop to how things were (at least in her mind) and made her see that all was well. I'm happy for her and I'm happy to see that Death didn't come to hurt her.

It is possible that death also shows a change in how they relate to each other in the long run. She might feel the effects of the changes for a while. It's a pretty big card.

All in all, it's restored my faith in the 10 of cups, I must admit I'm partial to that card.

It's also taught me to look at what is currently being experienced when you draw death. Is there anxiety and stress? That will end. Absolute bliss? That will change. But it's always for the better because its more about a mental shift.

Just thought I'd share for onlookers!