Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Horary Readings - Answers

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Astrology


 
Minderwiz's Avatar
Minderwiz  Minderwiz is offline
Student of Astrology
 
Join Date: 20 Apr 2002
Location: Wigan, UK
Posts: 7,888
Minderwiz 

Thanks for the feedback! And I know the problems of trying to upload from a phone, as I sometimes have to do posts from my BlackBerry.

Radical charts are ones that properly describe the event of subject of the chart. For natal charts, they are radical, if cast for the correct birth time, date and place,; for event charts if they are cast for the time, date and location of the event. However with horaries there's no obvious check - no equivalent of a birth certificate or recorded time. So a number of rules of thumb have evolved, often referred to as considerations before judgement. The are a sort of test to establish that the chart is 'fit' to be judged. One of the considerations, according to Lilly (the recognised authority on horary) is that there should be an agreement between the planetary hour lord for the time the chart is cast and the planet ruling the Ascendant. Either they should be of the same triplicity, or they should be of similar natures. Venus and Saturn do not share the same nature, Saturn is cold and dry and Venus is cold and moist. However both planets rule signs in the Air and Earth triplicities, so I took them as being in agreement.

I was particularly interested in your point about being stuck in an office all day, because I nearly went for the obvious meaning of the third house and said you wanted to travel! However being stuck in an office certainly affects job satisfaction, which was the more general interpretaion that I went for.
Top   #41
jfiallo0982's Avatar
jfiallo0982  jfiallo0982 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 05 Sep 2009
Location: Some place in the world
Posts: 283
jfiallo0982 

Yes you mentioned travel which is correct, I took it as movement. My office is small and is far from the window, so I do feel trap!! Thanks for the explanation on radical chart, I did not understand that before.
Have a nice day!!!!
Top   #42
Minderwiz's Avatar
Minderwiz  Minderwiz is offline
Student of Astrology
 
Join Date: 20 Apr 2002
Location: Wigan, UK
Posts: 7,888
Minderwiz 
Reading for EyeAmEye


Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeAmEye View Post
Hi Minderwiz,
If you don't mind a 3 time offender with a repeat question to boot, I'd appreciate it!

My question is a repeat of my first one:

Will M and I get together (romantically speaking, of course) within the next 6 months?

You were right the first time and we of course did not. I do believe I know the main reason why it couldn't happen at that time, and it looks like that stumbling block is being removed within the next month or 2, so I'd like to see what the possibility of it happening now is. Please let me know if you need more info. Thank you as always!
The chart is cast for the hour of Mars and has Capricorn rising. Mars has exaltation in Capricorn and also in some systems has participating rulership in the Fire triplicity, along with Mars, so I'll take the chart as radical.

You are symbolised by Saturn, M is symbolised by the Moon.

Saturn is in Libra, where he has exaltation and is also Triplicity ruler for the Air Triplicity and is in his own Face. So Saturn is full of essential dignity. In this chart Saturn is placed in the eighth House, which is not a fortunate placement. Saturn also sacrifices some strength by being Occidental (seen after Sunset). However, Saturn is fast, direct, and free from the Sun's beams, so Saturn is overall a strong planet and whilst not quite as able to act as would be desired, is still powerful and can act quickly (but hopefully in a well directed way).

In the rulership of Venus, your main focus is on setting up home (Venus rules the fourth through Taurus) and your dreams [of M] Venus rules the ninth House of dreams).

M is signified by the Moon, which is also in the eighth but in Virgo and is in conjunction with Mercury, which amongst other things rules the fifth house of romance (but less favourable the sixth house which is unfortunate). Mercury is the most powerful planet in the chart in every respect but speed (it's slowing down for it's station retrograde) The conjunction is thus something of a mixed blessing. The Moon is not strong being peregrine but at least is fast and free from the Sun's beams. M's situation is not quite as clear and strong as yours. Romance is on her mind but Mercury's rulership of the sixth and both position and secondary rulership in the eighth, is not quite as favourable.

Moon and Saturn are not applying (or separating) from any major aspect.

John Frawley allows the use of secondary co-significators, Venus for the female; Sun for the male. In this chart Venus (for M) is applying to a sextile to Saturn (you) and also to a conjunction with the Sun (also you). The latter conjunction is in the seventh house of marriage, and romantic partnerships.

From this chart, I'd say that you will come together during the next six months and that the relationship is likely to become a permanent one.
Attached Images
 
Top   #43
EyeAmEye  EyeAmEye is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Feb 2010
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 1,111
EyeAmEye 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
The chart is cast for the hour of Mars and has Capricorn rising. Mars has exaltation in Capricorn and also in some systems has participating rulership in the Fire triplicity, along with Mars, so I'll take the chart as radical.

You are symbolised by Saturn, M is symbolised by the Moon.

Saturn is in Libra, where he has exaltation and is also Triplicity ruler for the Air Triplicity and is in his own Face. So Saturn is full of essential dignity. In this chart Saturn is placed in the eighth House, which is not a fortunate placement. Saturn also sacrifices some strength by being Occidental (seen after Sunset). However, Saturn is fast, direct, and free from the Sun's beams, so Saturn is overall a strong planet and whilst not quite as able to act as would be desired, is still powerful and can act quickly (but hopefully in a well directed way).

In the rulership of Venus, your main focus is on setting up home (Venus rules the fourth through Taurus) and your dreams [of M] Venus rules the ninth House of dreams).

M is signified by the Moon, which is also in the eighth but in Virgo and is in conjunction with Mercury, which amongst other things rules the fifth house of romance (but less favourable the sixth house which is unfortunate). Mercury is the most powerful planet in the chart in every respect but speed (it's slowing down for it's station retrograde) The conjunction is thus something of a mixed blessing. The Moon is not strong being peregrine but at least is fast and free from the Sun's beams. M's situation is not quite as clear and strong as yours. Romance is on her mind but Mercury's rulership of the sixth and both position and secondary rulership in the eighth, is not quite as favourable.

Moon and Saturn are not applying (or separating) from any major aspect.

John Frawley allows the use of secondary co-significators, Venus for the female; Sun for the male. In this chart Venus (for M) is applying to a sextile to Saturn (you) and also to a conjunction with the Sun (also you). The latter conjunction is in the seventh house of marriage, and romantic partnerships.

From this chart, I'd say that you will come together during the next six months and that the relationship is likely to become a permanent one.

You are absolutely right about my end of the deal, as I have been unable to act on what I want. I am crystal clear on how I want things to be, but I have been stalled due to her situation, not my own, so I can act as quickly as she clears up any doubts she has. I do believe my goals and expectations are quite reasonable and will be directed effectively.

You are also correct that my focus in on the home. I have never had any particular goals/dreams for little else. All that I take as it comes. My focus is on establishing a good, solid home life. I do believe this can be achieved with M.

If my assumption of the situation is correct (have good reason to believe it is), M's situation is indeed not as strong as mine and the entire reason we haven't come together sooner. The obstacle I have mentioned is work. We work together, and she told a coworker she would never get involved with anyone she works with. She is leaving the job within the next few months, so at the moment, she is still the stumbling block.

This might be a stupid question, but when you say romance is on her mind, I assume it means with me and not just in general, no?

As to your final judgment, I sure hope so! From everything I know about her, we could be an excellent match, and given my end of the deal, that isn't very easy Hope you reading is as correct as the last 2!

Thanks once again for taking the time to read for me. I will let you know how it works out!
Top   #44
Minderwiz's Avatar
Minderwiz  Minderwiz is offline
Student of Astrology
 
Join Date: 20 Apr 2002
Location: Wigan, UK
Posts: 7,888
Minderwiz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeAmEye View Post
This might be a stupid question, but when you say romance is on her mind, I assume it means with me and not just in general, no?
I'm not saying it's you in a very specific sense - more that she's that way inclined and looking for romance. She's not going to just drop into your lap. Horaries assume that if you've the capacity to act then you will do so. In this case you've got a very high capacity to act and a reasonable chance of achieving what you want. However if you do nothing, and just assume it will happen, then you'll end up disappointed.

If she's not aware of your feelings, then you've got to let her know. You can, of course, keep to the 'not getting involved with people from work' arrangement but still let her know that you'd like to keep in contact, and indeed see each other socially (you'll have to decide how to put that to her).

In fact double checking the chart, there does seem to be someone else - I'm not sure whether it's someone else with a romantic interest in her, but the Moon M) is in an applying trine to Jupiter. As the Moon is in Virgo, the detriment of Jupiter, I wouldn't conclude that she particularly likes him, possibly quite the reverse. But Jupiter will also square Venus just before she conjoins the Sun - so if you take no action, then it will not happen. You're going to have to work for this and don't give up easily.
Top   #45
EyeAmEye  EyeAmEye is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Feb 2010
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 1,111
EyeAmEye 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
I'm not saying it's you in a very specific sense - more that she's that way inclined and looking for romance. She's not going to just drop into your lap. Horaries assume that if you've the capacity to act then you will do so. In this case you've got a very high capacity to act and a reasonable chance of achieving what you want. However if you do nothing, and just assume it will happen, then you'll end up disappointed.

If she's not aware of your feelings, then you've got to let her know. You can, of course, keep to the 'not getting involved with people from work' arrangement but still let her know that you'd like to keep in contact, and indeed see each other socially (you'll have to decide how to put that to her).

In fact double checking the chart, there does seem to be someone else - I'm not sure whether it's someone else with a romantic interest in her, but the Moon M) is in an applying trine to Jupiter. As the Moon is in Virgo, the detriment of Jupiter, I wouldn't conclude that she particularly likes him, possibly quite the reverse. But Jupiter will also square Venus just before she conjoins the Sun - so if you take no action, then it will not happen. You're going to have to work for this and don't give up easily.
Thanks for the clarification!

I told her my feelings quite a while ago, so she is very much aware. According to her, she was aware of it well a head of me saying so, but I did put it out there. I was never expecting a fall into my lap scenario so I did let her know what my intentions were. Her response to me was she didn't feel the same way and then offered the comment of not getting involved with co-workers to a co-worker, knowing full well it would get back to me (anything said to anyone here gets to everyone in short order). I took the side comment to be deliberate, she is far from stupid.

I will concede however that at this point I was expecting her to make the next move if there is a next move. If I have to take the initiative again, I shall.

Thanks again!
Top   #46
Minderwiz's Avatar
Minderwiz  Minderwiz is offline
Student of Astrology
 
Join Date: 20 Apr 2002
Location: Wigan, UK
Posts: 7,888
Minderwiz 

Thanks for the additional info, The issue now is how far she seriously meant the comment on co-workers or how far she was using it as a nice way of saying 'no'. I can do a further horary to see what her true feelings are, if you wish further clarification. At the moment I'd still be a optimistic, but that jupiter aspect does throw up a possible stumbling block to progress.
Top   #47
EyeAmEye  EyeAmEye is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 Feb 2010
Location: NY, USA
Posts: 1,111
EyeAmEye 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
Thanks for the additional info, The issue now is how far she seriously meant the comment on co-workers or how far she was using it as a nice way of saying 'no'. I can do a further horary to see what her true feelings are, if you wish further clarification. At the moment I'd still be a optimistic, but that jupiter aspect does throw up a possible stumbling block to progress.

Of course you could be right. I had actually originally taken her statement to me at face value until I got wind of the side comment. She is very quiet and extremely private, so adding the side comment is highly atypical for her. She's been here several years now and rarely talks to anyone about anything outside of the job. I would have also assumed if she wanted to soften the blow she wouldn't have rather bluntly told me she didn't share my feelings first and then throw the other comment in. I don't know.

The over analyzer in me can never satiate my curiosity, of course, so if it isn't too much trouble for you, I certainly wouldn't object to further horary...if it wouldn't trouble you. Thanks yet again!
Top   #48
SwordsQueen's Avatar
SwordsQueen  SwordsQueen is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 May 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 3,815
SwordsQueen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
The chart is cast for the hour of Mars and has Sagittarius rising. As Jupiter and Mars both belong to the Fire triplcity, I'll take the chart as radical.

You are symbolised by Jupiter, which is conjunct the fifth House cusp, in Taurus. Jupiter is peregrine and so not essentially strong but the fifth cusp is not bad in term of a romance (though not a long term relationship). The fifth is a reasonable placement, Jupiter is also direct and oriental - so it's quite strongly place for action, if the need arises. Looking at the dignities in which Jupiter lies, it's clear that the emphasis is on romance (Venus rules both Taurus and the Earth triplicity) and a whilst a longer term relationship is important (Jupiter is in the Terms and Face of Mercury and Mercury rules the 7th House of relationships) it is secondary to romaince! Jupiter is also in the exaltation of the Moon, and the Moon rules the eighth. This is the one dignity which is not so good, though the eighth is usually interpreted as the partner's income - so are you looking for a partner who can provide not only romance but also material wellbeing?

Jupiter is acutally in an applying conjunction to the Moon, which is Lord 8, soi if his income is important then it's coming to you!

Mercury rules the Descendant (7th cusp) and so represents the quesitied - the desired committed relationship. Mercury is in the eighth House and is ruled by the Sun. Mercury is direct. free from combustion and occidental all of which speak for quick action but Mercury is slowing down and is now quite slow as it moves to its Station Retrograde. It's slowness and imminent change to retrograde motion are not good signs and offset some of it's stronger points. Mercury is not in any dignity of Jupiter, so he's not looking for a relationship at the moment. Placed in Leo, Mercury's ruler is the Sun, and this is sometimes seen as the co-significator of the male in a relationship question. Jupiter is in an applying aspect to the Sun, but it's a square. It might be possible the romance comes off, but there will be difficulties and you might not like the outcome if it does come to pass.

There is a hope though. The Moon's last aspect was a square to the Sun (him) and it's next aspect is a conjunction to Jupiter. As the Moon is exalted in Taurus, the coming conjunction gives reception, so I think there's a good chance that someone else (probably female) will be instrumental in bringing you together with the prospective romantic interest. Reception implies that 'she' will go out of her way to ensure the two of you get together.

So I think there's a good chance of a romantic involvement but there may be difficulties and you may end up relying on a friend or other female who takes a real interest in your 'case' and will work hard for you. I just hope that it's going to be well worth the effort and you like him
You know, this is very interesting - as I realized that the day I read this was the same day one of my friends mentioned introducing me to a 'sugar-daddy' ... of course, I am actually not interested in any such thing. I am looking for a partner to provide romance and stability - but not of the monetary kind - more someone I can depend on as I go through life. This is food for thought though because the timing of her talking about this and this reading were impeccable!
Top   #49
TractJM's Avatar
TractJM  TractJM is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 06 Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,575
TractJM 

Apologies for the delay, I was on holidays for the long weekend and had minimal to no computer time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
The chart is cast for the hour of Saturn and has Capricorn rising, so I take the chart as being radical.

I have an immediate problem with choosing significators. Your Money and income is ruled by the second House. The problem is that that House is also ruled by Saturn, having Aquarius on the cusp. Neither house has tenants, In such situations, I usually fall back on the Exaltation ruler. There's no planet exalted in Aquarius, but Mars is exalted in Capricorn. So I will use Mars to signify you and leave Saturn to signify your income.

Mars is placed in Gemini, where it has moderate to low essential dignity by Terms. This shows that you have the qualifications and skills necessary for the job, but it's still challenging and not easy for you.
Oh yes. I have everything I need, but am always faced with new and growing challenges and extremely time consuming aspects which can be at times extremely busy and fast paced.

Quote:
Mars is placed in the sixth House, of servants, and you might see yourself in that role, especially as Mercury which rules the sixth also rules the MC and thus the Job.
Yes. I have been underpaid and tend to get things dumped on me, though I have great autonomy and power, I still feel a bit like a go to person.

Quote:
It's a good job though, in the scheme of things, Mercury being the most dignified planet by far. The problem with the sixth is that it makes no major aspect to the Ascendant, as so can be 'overlooked' or go 'unnoticed'. If you're after a raise, this will be an obstacle. Otherwise Mars is accidentally strong, being direct, free from the Sun's beams, oriental and fast. You have the capacity to act if you need to, so don't let yourself get too overlooked - get yourself noticed (in a good way).
Yes..I don't think I should run in there and demand a raise, especially since the company is rapidly growing and maintaining strict controls on the yearly raise. I do get overlooked sometimes, by the people who make the decisions regarding my growth and wealth, so I am also isolated in my little office. I suspect that to start, I need to continue working as I have been and ensuring the people who make the decisions see my deeds, actions and work around here, whereas previously I kept it in the company but it never filtered up to management.

Quote:
Saturn rules your money and it's placed in the eighth House - not good but Saturn is full of essential dignity being in exaltation, triplicity ruler for the Air signs and in it's own face. It too is fast, direct and free from the Sun. Saturn also rules your Part of Spirit, your ability to affect the outcome and to succeed by your own efforts, which is placed in the first. Your future here is in your own hands.
I agree with that given that it's my actions and attitudes that will affect me, and I could be subtle with seeking growth and finances versus "HEY LOOK AT MEEEE". I think I need to keep working and involving others around me so my path is seen by all and people are aware of my performance.

Quote:
In terms of the future:

Mars is in a separating opposition to the Part of Fortune, if you thought fate was against you, then hopefully things are improving,

Saturn is in an applying sextile to the Sun which rules the eighth. Now that might usually be taken as not very fortunate. However the eighth rules other people's money, so there is a symbolism of other people's money (the Sun) coming to your money (Saturn), which actually looks promising.
That would be wonderful! It reminds me of when I was using the success of the recovering recession to get a tutoring job on the side.

Quote:
But, Mercury is slowing down and will station Retrograde in just over 1 degree further motion through Virgo. Symbolically that suggests that the job is also slowing down or will slow down (because of economic or other factors?) Mercury will retrograde out of Virgo back into Leo and the job will not be as good as it was.
I could see this. The economy is tense and we're very rapidly expanding but our business truly depends on both the success and survival of financial institutions (primarily insurance and underwriting markets) - and we're investing our money into overseas and foreign markets that are highly volatile if the world economy recesses or implodes again. Any sudden shock to the financial system or global landscape would severely effect us. They made huge changes in 2009/2010 as a result of the last recession.

Quote:
So yes, there's a real potential for financial improvement, you have the right skills and you're in a 'good' job in the sense of eventual earnings increase. The issue is whether that income increase comes before the job begins to contract. There's no aspect forming between Mars and Saturn (you and your money) nor does the Moon offer translation of light

The lack of an aspect makes me think that you're not going to get your hands on that money because of a slowdown or contraction at work, even i for a time it looks very likely.
I agree....at the very least it's hard to get a raise here unless you want until the yearly review. Then, that depends on our success and growth. If the economy or business contracts for any reason, then it's in my best interest NOT to ask for a raise higher than the standard given, because I want to maintain my feasibility and security, though I feel that if things do start slowing down ro changing, that also means I can use these abilities to go beyond my current environment and capture that success elsewhere - here is stable and secure, but I think it also is a blessing I can take with me to new adventures if I really require to do so. However, currently, I am happy here.
Top   #50




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.