Saturn return stories

Minderwiz

Someone mentioned they were a sickly baby, I was as well. I struggled most of my life too, with physical health but also with life in general the first 30 or nearly 30 years. Everything was always harder for me--and so, maybe it was due to the Saturn in my life?

That was me. I have a situation similar to Ronia. Saturn doesn't rule my Ascendant but it is placed in my first house, just two degrees from the Ascendant. The first house rules the physical body and general health so Saturn is a key planet in my life. Some people will be less affected by Saturn and its movements and more susceptible to other planets. But if your Saturn is angular then it's likely to indicate significant events, usually not particularly nice events.

LittleOne

Wow!

Thanks for all the sharing guys. I haven't read through it all yet, but I can't wait to!

My Saturn is in 12th house Sagittarius, 15 degrees. In recent years I have increased my faith, and even began to have faith in God. Something I never truly had before. I had taken a lot more strongly and an increased interest in the metaphysical.

But overall I feel like the whole lesson is just to "let go" of everything. What a crappy lesson, hahaha. Here's your transit... You had: a good job, yep we're gonna take that; you're own place to live, yep we're gonna take that; great friends, yep we're gonna separate you from them; an average to none love life, oh hell there's not much but we better take that too.

I could be blaming Saturn for Pluto doings I suppose. Being Pluto is in Capricorn and I have three personal planets in 7th house Cancer getting smashed by some oppositions.

My ascendant is a half a degree into Capricorn - so I have always been a bit of Saturn person.

celticnoodle

Thank you, Junethird & Minderwiz for explaning it further. Now I WILL forget it. :p

I know its confusing.
uh, yeah. it is.

Look up the solar return chart the year you were pregnant with first child or when you got married and see how the energies played out for you... Luna returns help too. But keep it simple overall and start with the basics firt or else its just info overload and mass confusion.
really?! I will do this. this should be very interesting...

As Junethird said the is a predictive technique. So it's not for beginners. You don't really need to bother with it now. But for information, since you asked, Solar Arcs are a symbolic method of prediction.
As I said ,this is something you would only bother with when you are confident in reading a natal chart and have a clear idea of the basics of Astrology. Don't worry about it now.
trust me, :laugh: I will let it go for now. I'm really just a 'dabbler' in this every now and again and haven't really studied astrology at all, but I do have an interest in learning more on it. But for now--I've got to just concentrate on the very basics first! :D But, this is so cool, that I'd really LOVE to look into it. :)

That was me. I have a situation similar to Ronia. Saturn doesn't rule my Ascendant but it is placed in my first house, just two degrees from the Ascendant. The first house rules the physical body and general health so Saturn is a key planet in my life. Some people will be less affected by Saturn and its movements and more susceptible to other planets. But if your Saturn is angular then it's likely to indicate significant events, usually not particularly nice events.
ah! okay then. Mine doesn't really have to do with my health then, as Saturn was not in my first house or my Ascendant. Thank you for explaining that too.

Emma, you and I are the same age, though I do turn 55 in October this year.

LittleOne, this has been a very fascinating thread and very informative for me! I hope you don't mind my kind of taking over with all my questions though. I am very intrigued by this Saturn Return stuff though. I've never heard of the term before your initial post, so many thanks for starting this great thread! :D

I will continue to check in for others posts too. :)

MandMaud

Fascinating. I didn't think I knew where to calculate my Saturn return, but googled and found: http://www.astrocal.co.uk/saturn-return.php
(This page gives "start return" and "finish return".)

My natal Saturn is at 12 degrees Aries, 5 degress into my 4th house. I have always wondered if this relates to my adult life being dominated by marriage to a man with Sun in Aries, a control freak and wastrel (Capricorn is on the cusp of my 2nd). Saturn aspects nothing except, obviously, trine my Ascendant (Sagittarius) and opposing my midheaven. I have no planets in the 10th. (By the way, does that mean I'm completely wasting my time if I want to focus on career?)

Age 6/7 1/4 Saturn cycle, Waxing Square
- a month before the return started, I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.

Age13/14 1/2 Saturn cycle, Opposition
- dunno (though being that age I'm sure I thought it was significant and dramatic at the time :D).

Age 20/21 3/4 Saturn cycle, Waning Square
- I married during this return. (Bad decision!)

Age 28/29 First Saturn Return
- This one began and ended within a month; that was the month I began a (very difficult) new job, and four months earlier, our second son died.

Around 35 1 1/4 Saturn cycle, Waxing Square
- dunno, again, except that I took on a voluntary role editing a newsletter, which felt very much "my thing".
ETA: Also the serious decline in my health, which was dodgy already, dates back to around then - so gradual that it's hard to pin down, but my son was coming out of toddlerhood then and that's always been when I think of things really beginning to get worse.

Around 42 1 1/2 Saturn cycle, Opposition
- no idea; I haven't much memory of that year anyway (ETA: because I was recovering from serious illness).

Around 50 1 3/4 Saturn cycle, Waning Square
Around 59 Second Saturn Return
Around 66 2 1/4 Saturn cycle, Waxing Square
Around 73 2 1/2 Saturn cycle, Opposition
Around 80 2 3/4 Saturn cycle, Waning Square
Around 89 Third Saturn Return
- These are yet to come.

Three out of six, I can't think of anything. Am I disproving astrology...? :eek: :laugh:

By the way, I was told that psychiatry recognises that things commonly come to a head around the age of thirty - if someone has depression, for example, it reaches a crisis around then - as if that's when stuff gets resolved, kill or cure. ("Kill or cure" could sum up Saturn in a way, d'you think?)

junethird

I agree... I know someone who has saturn in virgo on his ascendent and saturn rules his moon aswell and on his saturn return he went through some radical shifts. I met him about 4 years after his experience and altho he suffered emotionally he is happier 6 years later his life is more carefree and unburdened from significant responsabilities. It was a huge setback for him and a major mistake on his part looking back now, but life found a way out for him. So for him it was painful but it realeased him from a long life of unhappiness and the extra burdens he picked up a year or two prior to his saturn return...

Secondly didnt magic johnson have a major opposition when his life turned around dramatically? Im sure i read somewhere that he has saturn on his asc.

junethird

Thank you, Junethird & Minderwiz for explaning it further. Now I WILL forget it. :p

uh, yeah. it is.

really?! I will do this. this should be very interesting...

trust me, :laugh: I will let it go for now. I'm really just a 'dabbler' in this every now and again and haven't really studied astrology at all, but I do have an interest in learning more on it. But for now--I've got to just concentrate on the very basics first! :D But, this is so cool, that I'd really LOVE to look into it. :)

ah! okay then. Mine doesn't really have to do with my health then, as Saturn was not in my first house or my Ascendant. Thank you for explaining that too.

Emma, you and I are the same age, though I do turn 55 in October this year.

LittleOne, this has been a very fascinating thread and very informative for me! I hope you don't mind my kind of taking over with all my questions though. I am very intrigued by this Saturn Return stuff though. I've never heard of the term before your initial post, so many thanks for starting this great thread! :D

I will continue to check in for others posts too. :)

Yes CN. The planets should have aligned and set you up the bday year prior and the bday year you got married and or got pregnant(s) whichever one you want. You should also be able to pinpoint when you became a grandmother afterwards as the transits should be similar. When some baby transits hit my chart i was excited but i became an aunt instead. You can also cast a chart for your wedding date and look at the transits and or you can just do a synastry/composite chart for you and your husband together.

And later on if you want to make it exciting you can look at the charts of your children and see if they will have babies etc...

Minderwiz

It's not quite that simple, sadly. Saturn in the first or aspecting the first by square or opposition will have an effect on health - not necessarily continually but it will happen. Saturn is associated with age and it also rules the bones and teeth. Capricorn, Saturn's day domicile rules the knees. As I grow older I'm having issues with my knees and with my teeth. But they waited till I was in my sixties to manifest.

Saturn can also affect your health if it aspects your Ascendant ruler, or if it connects with your sixth house in some way (either in it, aspecting it, or planets in it or it's ruler). The sixth gives an indication of the type of ill health you are likely to experience, though if your first and Ascendant ruler are fine, then its scope for regularly manifesting is small. My sixth is Capricorn, so I have the ruler of ill health in my Ascendant. The connection is more obvious than it usually is.

My natal Saturn is at 12 degrees Aries, 5 degress into my 4th house. I have always wondered if this relates to my adult life being dominated by marriage to a man with Sun in Aries, a control freak and wastrel (Capricorn is on the cusp of my 2nd). Saturn aspects nothing except, obviously, trine my Ascendant (Sagittarius) and opposing my midheaven. I have no planets in the 10th. (By the way, does that mean I'm completely wasting my time if I want to focus on career?)

No, Venus rules your tenth (Libra), so it indicates your success or otherwise in career and the types of career that are likely to work best. Modern Astrology doesn't pay the attention it should to house rulers, they were designed into the system for this very issue. Planets in the tenth are also important, especially early on or in beginnings but its the ruler who ultimately determines the outcome. As I have no idea where Venus is or how it relates to other planets, I can't give you much more than that. Saturn opposing your tenth will have an effect - there's always going to be a background conflict between career and home. It need not be strong (I don't know your other Saturn connections) but it will be there.

It's also worth stressing that neither Saturn, or Pluto or Chiron, or any other single planet accounts solely for major factors in your life, It might have a strong role to play depending on where it is located and it's own essential dignity but there are other planets who will have their own roles and may and probably will modify Saturn, either for good or bad. For some people it will only be a background influence, for others a significant influence because of its placement and its connections.

celticnoodle

Yes CN. The planets should have aligned and set you up the bday year prior and the bday year you got married and or got pregnant(s) whichever one you want. You should also be able to pinpoint when you became a grandmother afterwards as the transits should be similar. When some baby transits hit my chart i was excited but i became an aunt instead. You can also cast a chart for your wedding date and look at the transits and or you can just do a synastry/composite chart for you and your husband together.

And later on if you want to make it exciting you can look at the charts of your children and see if they will have babies etc...

up early. well, I did do mine (like MandMaud), but I have to figure out how to really read it.
We had our daughter before we married - we lived together before we married. Our daughter is now grown and has 2 children of her own, so I am already a grandma. :) I'd like to see when the grandchildren will be getting married and/or having children. Now THAT would be way cool to look at. :D We were young grandparents, so I'm hoping to be able to live long enough to see the grandgirls married and also my great grandchildren too! This will be something to 'play with', and it'll be interesting to see how accurate it is.

just looking at it all again. thanks junethird for helping me with finding out how to get all of this off of the astro site. I am going to print it out later, (don't need to wake up hub yet), and will pour over it all later, trying to learn a few things. :D pretty cool stuff-all this astrology predictive information. I may have to do 2 separate charts, as its hard to read the timing of my birth--it is either 11:35pm or 11:55 pm--the doctors handwriting isn't the best. I used the earlier one, as I think I was born at 11:35pm. Wish doctors would learn to write more legibly. :laugh:

junethird

up early. well, I did do mine (like MandMaud), but I have to figure out how to really read it.
We had our daughter before we married - we lived together before we married. Our daughter is now grown and has 2 children of her own, so I am already a grandma. :) I'd like to see when the grandchildren will be getting married and/or having children. Now THAT would be way cool to look at. :D We were young grandparents, so I'm hoping to be able to live long enough to see the grandgirls married and also my great grandchildren too! This will be something to 'play with', and it'll be interesting to see how accurate it is.

just looking at it all again. thanks junethird for helping me with finding out how to get all of this off of the astro site. I am going to print it out later, (don't need to wake up hub yet), and will pour over it all later, trying to learn a few things. :D pretty cool stuff-all this astrology predictive information. I may have to do 2 separate charts, as its hard to read the timing of my birth--it is either 11:35pm or 11:55 pm--the doctors handwriting isn't the best. I used the earlier one, as I think I was born at 11:35pm. Wish doctors would learn to write more legibly. :laugh:

Right on CN! Birth time is very important but in your case the little fumble shouldnt distress you too much. Aslong as its close to the hour you should be ok.

I still strongly suggest you look up your own baby transits first. So you can pin point the baby aspects. Then look at the year before you got pregnant and married and the year you got pregnant/delivered/married.

You should have an idea with the grandgirls if you inspect the condition of both their 5th and 7th house. Planets in those house play a major role. Their moon sign aswell. As in if its in a fertile sign/has dignity in the house it sits etc Saturn in either of those houses restricts alot specially if its badly aspected. Could cause significant delays. In my case mars seems to be my baby trigger so its important for me to pay attention to what he is doing. He is my only planet in my 5th house so lots of hope yet. Uranus is also important because he brings in alot of surprises especially if he is trolling the 5th house. For example brad and angelina got together during a uranus transit i believe. A planet that causes major shifts in a short amount of time. I guess depending in which side of the coin you are its good/bad :livelong: By looking at their charts you can see that she brings alot of fire and vitaly to his own chart. She breaks him out of his rut/mold and that seems to be a positive for them. So look at you and your husbands charts to see how the planets explain your attraction and longevity with one another :) strong saturn links should be present for you. Saturn is not always malefic. He binds a couple and or bond. Venus in the houses explains alot. I have a 12h venus and its interesting. The only good about it that its in a fiery sign so altho weak it has alot of fire in her and refuses to stay hidden lol. I also have venus opposite mars/pluto/saturn which again explains my love life and cycles to my detriment. Now its important for me to look at transits hitting my hidden wallflower venus. Especially since uranus is in a fire sign currently.

So its important to understand how each planet brings change. Especially pluto. Uranus and saturn and that starts by looking at the significant status changing periods in your life. Which are baby/marriage/new job etc or looking at celeb charts to get a better understanding specially if they have similar birth data as you.

celticnoodle

Right on CN! Birth time is very important but in your case the little fumble shouldnt distress you too much. Aslong as its close to the hour you should be ok.
yes, that I know. I'm lucky that I at least know even an approximate time. My husband has no idea what so ever. His birth information didn't include the time, and his parents (now deceased), when alive, couldn't remember. He was the 3rd child out of 5--and so most of his information was somewhat forgotten. :laugh: His older siblings were too young to remember too. So, I was told to use noon time for him.

I still strongly suggest you look up your own baby transits first. So you can pin point the baby aspects. Then look at the year before you got pregnant and married and the year you got pregnant/delivered/married.
oh...okay.

You should have an idea with the grandgirls if you inspect the condition of both their 5th and 7th house. Planets in those house play a major role. Their moon sign aswell. As in if its in a fertile sign/has dignity in the house it sits etc Saturn in either of those houses restricts alot specially if its badly aspected. Could cause significant delays. In my case mars seems to be my baby trigger so its important for me to pay attention to what he is doing. He is my only planet in my 5th house so lots of hope yet. Uranus is also important because he brings in alot of surprises especially if he is trolling the 5th house. For example brad and angelina got together during a uranus transit i believe. A planet that causes major shifts in a short amount of time. I guess depending in which side of the coin you are its good/bad :livelong: By looking at their charts you can see that she brings alot of fire and vitaly to his own chart. She breaks him out of his rut/mold and that seems to be a positive for them. So look at you and your husbands charts to see how the planets explain your attraction and longevity with one another :) strong saturn links should be present for you. Saturn is not always malefic. He binds a couple and or bond. Venus in the houses explains alot. I have a 12h venus and its interesting. The only good about it that its in a fiery sign so altho weak it has alot of fire in her and refuses to stay hidden lol. I also have venus opposite mars/pluto/saturn which again explains my love life and cycles to my detriment. Now its important for me to look at transits hitting my hidden wallflower venus. Especially since uranus is in a fire sign currently.
wow. well, this is good to know, and yes, now I get why I should look up my pregnancy then marriage first and those of our daughters too. My pregnancy was a surprise--(I was on bc pills), and didn't the same exact thing happen to our daughter too! On bc pills and she got pregnant with the first child.

So its important to understand how each planet brings change. Especially pluto. Uranus and saturn and that starts by looking at the significant status changing periods in your life. Which are baby/marriage/new job etc or looking at celeb charts to get a better understanding specially if they have similar birth data as you.
okay. many, many thanks for the advice. Not sure when I'll get to this--I'm hoping to find time Tuesday, as hub will be away for work, and it'll be quiet for me. Or I hope it will be! :D