Amethyst experience...

Wonderwoman

Last night I put into practice something I had been extremely curious about. I slept with several crystals under my pillow. Mainly Rose Quartz, Angelite, Clear Quartz and close to heart chackra I held the beautiful Amethyst tumbled stone I had found recently (clearing my room). I had the most bizarre dream where I witnessed a murder. It was horrible. Has anybody had these experiences with Amethyst before?

floracove

I've never dreamed of witnessing a murder, however, I do think that since this is a found stone, that it may have lots of things to tell you.
Keep up your dream work and you will find more answers.

:)

Wonderwoman

The Amethyst spoke...

Floracove...that amethyst is a forecaster. I had been feeling just a little apprehensive last night before going to bed last night. It must have been 2 am or so. I live in an apartment building and my neighbor right above me was up all night pacing her floor furiously and apparently using the hammer to do some major work. This happened all night. I was woken up several times by her hammering. Awful. What was really horrible was that the murder in my dream had a mother hammering her son/daughter (i cant really identify the sex) several times on the head. The hammering sound my neighbor made just creeped me beyond belief. In addition, during the dream the mother cried incessantly and this morning my neighbor was crying, almost squealing.

Strange!

floracove

Whoa!

that's all I can say, whoa.

I'd be uneasy, but knowing my curious nature, I'd have to go borrow a cup of sugar, or even welcome her to the neighborhood.

Keep an eye out for the kid coming and going, and most children are not quite, so listen for him too.

wizzle

I suggest you give this and any other stones you sleep with a thorough, thorough cleansing before trying them again. The simplest method is putting the stone out into the sunshine for a few hours or into the moonlight overnight.

If you search the threads in this forum, you'll find lots of good ideas for psychically cleansing your stones.

I've had good luck with amethyst, but there are threads here where folks have reported bad experiences with sleeping with amethyst. Also, you might consider sleeping with one stone at a time rather than with a bunch until you find out how each one affects you.

Personally, I got what felt very much like a hangover (fuzzy, unable to think or see clearly) after the first time I slept with a large crystal cluster under my pillow. This reaction went away as I got used to sleeping with this stone.

It sounds like your amethyst gave you extra awareness of your neighbor's noise as well as her mental state. The blue, opalescent and purple stones tend to open you to psychic phenomena. This can be detramental if you are already a sensitive person. Best to use them while you are meditating where you have more control over the input. Or, you might want to combine amethyst with a protective stone like marcasite (hint, hint), hematite, obsidian, garnet, etc.

You can "break in" a stone by holding the stone and relaxing. Try visualizing your favorite, peaceful place. Maybe picture yourself on Keigh's deck??? (lol) Sit with your stone for no more than 1/2 hour at first. Then go slowly to an hour. You don't have to visualize the whole time. Just sit peacefully, hold the stone, read, think, etc. Think about the stone, look at it, etc as well. Once you've gotten to know each other, only then try sleeping with it. Hope this helps.

Wonderwoman

No Kidding...

Wizzle: "It sounds like your amethyst gave you extra awareness of your neighbor's noise as well as her mental state. The blue, opalescent and purple stones tend to open you to psychic phenomena. This can be detramental if you are already a sensitive person. Best to use them while you are meditating where you have more control over the input. Or, you might want to combine amethyst with a protective stone like marcasite (hint, hint), hematite, obsidian, garnet, etc."

Ww:Yes, I think a cleansing will do! whats really interesting is that I have worn the amethyst during the day and I felt protection from it. Protection from the usual "energy vampires" at the office. Yet at night...it has shown me totally different colours..(so to speak).

Who knows what the night will being in a few hours overhere..Neighbor is sound asleep..

Wonderwoman

She has been here for quite a while, I think perhaps even longer than i. She always paces at night but nothing like last night. It felt like construction workers. She also has no kids. I do. She does or did have a husband but i have not seen him around anymore.

floracove said:
Whoa!

that's all I can say, whoa.

I'd be uneasy, but knowing my curious nature, I'd have to go borrow a cup of sugar, or even welcome her to the neighborhood.

Keep an eye out for the kid coming and going, and most children are not quite, so listen for him too.

Rin

Maybe I'm being mundane here, but when you have noises and lights going on around you, your brain processes these things into images that act like dreams, except your mind hasn't shut down into that state of pure rest (I believe its called REM?).

Its merely possible that your mind merely heard these noises and transformed them into images that your mind wanted you to understand (what it wanted you to know, I have no idea. That it wanted you to go beat the guy's head in with his hammer so you could get some sleep? Lol). Were you stressed that day, had you watched any horror movies?

I've experienced this before; when I leave my tv on too loud, and I'm not in the REM state, my mind continues dreaming, but its taking noises from outside of my head and translating them into images in my head, along with the noises to match it, possibly because the mind cannot see WHY the person is making that noise. Perhaps it just assumes the worst.

elvenstar

I have a necklace with an amethyst stone. When I wear it during the day, it gives me a feeling of peace and protection too. During the night, it intensifies my dreams, I totally understand what you mean by 'different face'. Overall I wouldn't say it gives me bad or good dreams, but it does somehow function like a neutral amplifier, it makes them more vivid or 'real' and it helps me remember them in the morning, something I often have trouble with. A cleansing could help like some said if you feel it may be needed. In my opinion, it's more likely it intensified a bad dream caused by the neighbour's external and possibly internal noise, rather than cause a bad dream itself.

Milfoil

I don't sleep with amethyst near me any more for similar reasons. I either have blank, nothing sleep (I don't know how to explain it, sort of like a dream where the image has been erased) or violent, freaky stuff. Not what I was expecting at all.

Shudder . . .