Australian Amulet Stone

thorhammer

I recently had an Australian Amulet Stone join my family, and he is now my absolute runaway favourite stone. He (most definitely a he) chose me when I was looking through this bowl of stones I'd never noticed at the local crystal shop. Here he is.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/thorhammer24/AmuletStone002.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff214/thorhammer24/AmuletStone001.jpg

I feel like he's a very subtle by VERY strong grounding influence on me. I love the little cradle-like hollow; it sort of looks like a cradle to me.

Amulet stones are awesome, and I can see someone (with more patience than I) finding a whole set of Rune stones in among them, as the streaks of clear mineral form Rune-like shapes.

When I bought him, the lady at the shop (a good friend) told me that amulet stones were selling on the internet for ridiculous amounts of money because they were advertised as being from Uluru. This is not true. They come from a mountain in Queensland (the name escapes me) and Uluru is in the NOrthern Territory. The predominant geological type around Uluru is granite, which looks nothing like these amulet stones. Don't be fooled.

Having said that, get yourselves one! They're like a little soul mate! I love mine to bits.

\m/ Kat

wumpkie

I have to admit I have rather fallen in love with your amulet stone. I sensed it too, even through your picture that it looks like a grounding stone. You will have to share your experiences with it within the next few months as it is not a stone I have personally heard of.

What exactly is the composition of the amulet stone? (I wanted to really write 'What's it made of?' :D )

Have fun with your lil' buddy :)

thorhammer

I believe it's SiO2, or silicon dioxide, very common. It's a kind of whitish green colour with clear purply streaks. V. cool. I'm glad you like it, wumpkie!

\m/ Kat

willowfox

I looked on the internet and found only one place selling them for $25, I must admit they are quite usual in appearance.

memries

It certainly look like an attractive stone. Does he have a name yet ?
Let us know when you find out more qualities that come forth.

willowfox

This stone is another type of quartz.

thorhammer

memries said:
It certainly look like an attractive stone. Does he have a name yet ?
Let us know when you find out more qualities that come forth.

I think he has a name, but I'm not supposed to know it. Does that sound weird (-er)? And I don't need a name. He's like the other half of me. I understand him. Little devil . . .

\m/ Kat

memries

That is interesting Willowfox, I am going to see if I can find a list of each example that is listed as quartz. There are so many and I do not know them all.

Chronata

Oh he is gorgeous!

I see all sorts of interesting "things" in him!

It reminds me a little of picture jasper.

Guiding Cauldron

That stone is fabulous! WOW, must keep eyes open for one myself someday