Thoth - best place to start!

Rusty Neon

Both the Rider-Waite deck and the Thoth deck are largely inspired by the Golden Dawn tarot curriculum, especially in the case of the numbered minor arcana. Thus, if you're interesting in reconciling the divinatory meanings for the numbered minor arcana between the two decks, it's worth checking out the divinatory meanings for the numbered minors in the GD's manuscript "Book T".

Book T
http://www.the-equinox.org/vol1/no8/eqi08016.html

CreativeFire

It will be great to have you join in with us in the study threads, Yaboot. I have been meaning to start posting in the daily card thread as well - I have been pulling them for a week or so now but just have not got organised to post! So see you there! :)

CreativeFire

gyntista

Moonbow* said:

Any ideas/advise on how I can get friendly with this deck for a few days. I plan on doing daily readings for myself and using it intuitively but any other guidence would be great.

The best guidance to offer you about starting with Thoth is for you to read Aleister Crowley's "Book of Thoth". I am not familiar with any other book, about the Thoth deck, that will give you a chance to really learn Crowley's ideas. And it is those ideas which illustrate his cards.