Buyin a Thoth Deck

anubis

i felt interested in buying one.. i just wanna to hear opinions all of u have after buying it. Heard its quite different from the others.

Another question pops up... Big Thoth or Standard size would be better? hope u will give ur feedback on this too

Emily

I have all three sizes of the Thoth but for study I use the large version. Its better for seeing the detail on the cards but not so big that you can't use it. I have small hands and the large Thoth is the only large deck that I can shuffle in comfort.

The standard size in the lavender box is the one that has the 3 Magus, and I do prefer the eight armed magus not the one included in the other decks.

At the end of the day its down to what size of deck you want - But the pocket size is a little too small to make a study deck. Hope this helps. :)

anubis

thnx a lot. :)

Nevada

The smaller deck is nicer to do readings with, but for study I like the large size, so you can see all the details. There are some amazing details in Thoth. My large deck is the icky green :rolleyes:, but it still shows a lot more detail than the smaller cards.

Nevada

Centaur

Well, I am keen to get my hands on a large Thoth. LOL. But... I only have the standard sized version at the moment. However, the standard sized version is fine. And as Emily has pointed out to me in the past, I really do need to get a magnifying glass to check out some of the more intricate and minute details in these cards.

Advice? If I was purchasing a Thoth for the first time, then I would definetly buy the larger deck. Let us know how you get on with it!!

anubis

thank you... i will get my hands on it when i have the money.

u see, i'm just a student currently.., :)

CreativeFire

I have to agree with the others - if you are interesting in studying with the Thoth - definately go for the larger size so you can easily see the detail. I bought the larger size first, but then wanted a more 'handy' size for shuffling, reading and carrying around with me so then got the regular size one ;)

CreativeFire

anubis

i see... but i've heard this deck is created by someone who was an occultist?

Emily

Well - short answer yes he was. But he was also a highly educated charismatic man and the deck he created has stood the test of time.

You'll find numerous articles online about Aleister Crowley and most of what you read will be true.

It really up to you to decide if its a deck that you can work with or not.

Crowley's reputation has never bothered me, I love the artwork and feel of the deck that he and Lady Frieda sweated blood over. :)

Alrisha

Large AG Muller version.