MAAT Study Group- 2 of Wands

juliecucciawatts

The Week of the last quarter moon in Sagittarius

"The last quarter moon phase symbolizes the power of an acute awareness of ideals and high standards and implementation of these standards into daily life. Disappointment can occur if these standards are not met."

2 of Wands

Planetary ruler Neptune

The image for the 2 of Wands is two great old trees that arch forming a doorway to a sun drenched meadow, symbolic of the world outside of the deep forest (of the mind). There is a sense with this card that some sort of internal work has been done, and due to this internal work the shadows of the external world seem less disturbing. The external world seems inviting and appealing again, it seems to be offering something that wasn't there a few short months ago... when going within seemed more appropriate.

A circle wreath trimmed with colorful ribbon blows in the warming breeze decorates the branches as a sign of welcome to the spring days ahead. There seems to be signals that point to the changes ahead. A dove begins to nest in the highest tree branches giving more evidence that a time of renewal is approaching. The snow outside of the forest has melted although there is still snow within the shadows of the trees..

Though winter is still here the sun feels warmer and it is just a matter of time before the snow will no longer remain in the forest. After a winter of introspection and healing you feel ready to come out into the fresh cool air. There is a short pause before entering the sunny glade. In the distance a unicorn beckons and a boat has come in to shore.

Traditional tarot meaning: long term planning, a person with control over their life.

In a Reading: This card seems to be a gateway card as if some kind of inner work is on the edge of being completed before venturing out into the public domain.

Other cards with Sagittarius moon phases

MAAT Tarot Cards with Sagittarius moon phases
"I see"

Masculine forms of fertility and beauty, 'Oneness' with Nature and the greater universe.

------------------------

new moon(endings and new beginnings) in Sagittarius (March 21-April 19)
8 of Swords

Planetary ruler Jupiter

Sex, Patriotism, motherhood and apple pie symbols and platitudes fall short of the glory of reality. A woman held back by her culture. Self policing. When the world becomes too small there is nothing to do but expand beyond the boundaries.

------------------------------------

first quarter moon( creative waxing moon) in Sagittarius (Aug.22-Sept.21)

3 of Coins

Planetary ruler Mercury

How does one describe the face of Creation? The master craftsman, the artisan, the tools and the idea become one. The secrets hidden with the artwork,secrets from the subconscious mind is even hidden from the artist.

full moon in Sagittarius (May 21-June 20)

planetary ruler Mercury

King of Cups

The Bridegroom

Major card

Full Moon Cycle of Sagittarius

Planetary ruler Mercury

(May 21-June 20)

The High Priest

The green(man)/annual king as a metaphor of our Oneness with Nature. The Holy Father. Height of the waxing sun energies. Month of the green leaves.

---------------------
All Comments and questions are welcomed as well as personal interpretations. Suggestions on ways to make learning this unusual
system easier are also appreciated. Right now I am just writing it the way
I got it, the way I tested it against itself for accuracy. I really would like to hear about what other people get from these images as I learn so much from what is shared in these posts.

Julie

Attachments

• 2ofwands.jpg
    2ofwands.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 225

annik

The trees form an arch. They seems to be the fine line between winter and spring. The unicorn is in the spring side. Maybe the unicorn show hope? (I am not very familiar with the unicorn folklore, sorry!). The unicorn seems waiting patiently. There is a white bird that have a nest in the arched formed by the trees. And the branches around the bird form a heart. I think it is very representative of the season. We are not in spring yet but we are getting out of the winter.

juliecucciawatts

the unicorn

annik said:
The trees form an arch. They seems to be the fine line between winter and spring. The unicorn is in the spring side. Maybe the unicorn show hope? (I am not very familiar with the unicorn folklore, sorry!). The unicorn seems waiting patiently. There is a white bird that have a nest in the arched formed by the trees. And the branches around the bird form a heart. I think it is very representative of the season. We are not in spring yet but we are getting out of the winter.

Here is what wikipedia has to say about the unicorn:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn

There is a lot but mostly I think I was interested in the connection between the unicorn and the Virgin, as she was the only one who could capture him.
And the mythical, magical aspects of the unicorn being a part of this Virgo moon cycle. The sun is still rather low in the sky and this causes one to wonder did I really see what I thought I saw? or is it just a bit of unmelted snow...
;-)Julie

squeakmo9

When I looked at the scan, it felt like the end of a journey of sorts. One filled with great darkness and confusion, never to be revisited in quite the same way ever again. I like that ice and the way the wind moves the ribbons about. A slight hint that soon, very soon, the warmth will return. For such a harsh journey, I sense much more is appreciated as well as understood, and to see the unicorn. That animal just makes me think of magic and innocence. As if to say that if you still have retained your sense of wonder, even after all that has occured, the benefits will be worth all the difficulties experienced.

SolSionnach

Penthasilia

Maat tarot IDS

Card/Number: 2 of Wands/36

Card Image: see attached

First Impression: Gorgeous card! I like the image of the entryway between the trees.

Card Description: Two tree trunks sit, their branches intertwined to form an opening to another replace. There is snow on the ground where you stand, but looking through you see a beautiful castle, a unicorn dancing in a field and further out the sea with ships. In this land, it seems to be spring. A wreath with a multicolored bow of ribbons sits on the right tree trunk, as if a marker to find the doorway. As the branches merge above the doorway, they form an open heart, a dove sitting within it.

Masculine/Feminine/Neutral: neutral

Senses: you feel the warm breeze coming from the other side, with the scent of honeysuckle filling your nose, the salt from the sea brushing your face.

Symbols: tree, unicorn, otherworld opening, dove, castle, sea and ships

Story (intuitive): As I stand and look through the opening of the trees, I ponder aloud halfheartedly, "Though I love this card, and will be rushing through with glee, it seems odd as this card typically represents a choice.". A chuckle- oh my trickster consort is here, funny that! "Do you care?" he asks. "Not really." I respond. He chuckles again, "Well love, then why ask? But since you did, I will answer it. Look at this doorway, for you- right now, this IS your choice. This image that you see is a moment captured in time- that moment where you have made your choice on the crossroads and have steadied your vision to start on the path you have chosen.". I smile broadly- oh YES, I have made my choice. Then it hits me, how important this moment truly is. It is the recognition of that choice, which at first seems odd, but then I realize how many times people start down a path, without truly appreciating how they chose to start walking it, ending up miserable and lost. Not me, not this time. I have chosen, and I sit now in the moment of initiating that choice. I stand, unabashedly excited and leap through into the world that I have created. Thank you, princess, for reminding me of that gift of passion. Thank you, my love, for walking it with me.

Astrologic: week of the last quarter moon in Sagittarius. Planetary ruler: Neptune

Element: air and fire

Keywords: choice, gateway, longterm planning

Meanings: crossroads, a choice between two equal, but different paths, a gateway

Quote: "I have chosen, and on I go!"

Attachments

• 2ofwands.jpg
    2ofwands.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 175