• INTJ

Votes: 96 15.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 123 20.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 161 26.6%

• Total voters

lark

I only wanted to post the poll... not really mediocrilly attempt to explain what may possibly be indicated. It is worth re-pointing out that the MBTI, as mentioned, merely indicates certain preferences.

When answering such questionnaires, the extreme 'N' type will have such enormous difficulties, as they will see that each answer is always possible given particular conditions; to which the extreme 'S' type will somewhat annoyingly (unless they are an extreme 'F', in which case the care for the other will mitigate the annoyance) respond 'of course it is possible, but which do you prefer?!!!!!'.

• iNtuition vs Sensing
In Jungian terminology (from which the MBTI stems), 'intuition' is used to indicate that a person is more likely to pay attention to the possibilities in any given situation, than the 'facts' which are present and focussed on by the 'sensing' preferenced person.

The Sensing-iNtuition option also indicates which Perceptive function one prefers to utilise (see below).
  • Thinking vs Feeling
These indicate the preferred decision-making function (called 'judgement' in the MBTI).

Those who prefer to use their Thinking will test the decision against known givens, Feelers against the impact upon people.
  • Perception vs Judgement
Those who tend to prefer to use their 'perceptive' function will look for new information or opportunities, those who prefer to use their 'judging' functions will opt for closure and completions.

Ps may therefore have 1001 projects on the run, J's 10 completed ones and maybe a couple more on the go.

I realise this is somewhat simplistic, and hope it helps :)
This post was really helpful.
Especially the part about Judgement ...Perception.
I can see where as a reader I help people a lot with closure...I also bring in new info for them, but tying up lose ends seems to be a big part of why people want readings.
Also on a personal note I don't have 1001 projects started and laying around I like to do one thing at a time until it is complete.
So Judgment seems to be a bad word for this personality type as I think we add a bunch of baggage on to that word in our culture today.

Oh and I'm INFJ..

BodhiSeed

I got this:
"Because you appear to have marginal or no (1%) preference of Thinking over Feeling, characteristics of more than one personality type may apply to you:
INTJ and INFJ."

Reading the description of the two, I think I operate more from INFJ.

But even two other categories were fairly close:
"You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (9%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (6%)"

INIVEA

My added vote

My Type is INFJ (Counselor)

jolie_amethyst

I got this:
"Because you appear to have marginal or no (1%) preference of Thinking over Feeling, characteristics of more than one personality type may apply to you:
INTJ and INFJ."

Reading the description of the two, I think I operate more from INFJ.

But even two other categories were fairly close:
"You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (9%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (6%)"

Bodhi, I've ALWAYS tested out this way, just a little to one side or another in at least two of the four traits.

Somehow, I've ended up taking the MBTI at least six times over the years, usually the full formal test. I'm one of those who sits pretty much right on the line between Introvert/Extrovert and Judging/Perceiving. When I took Myers-Briggs multiple times during my school days, I was always INFP. As an adult, I started moving more towards being an Extrovert (and it was around then, after my overprotective mother had passed on, that relatives started telling me that I was extremely extroverted as a young child). Gradually Thinking overcame Feeling, to the point where that is the strongest of the traits in testing at a 19% preference, with Intuition being the only one that has never switched preferences (still happening, though only at 9% currently).

Taking the humanmetrics one linked here just now, I tested ENTJ. (Barely on E & J, with a 1% & 3% preference respectively.) That's probably about right...for now. Tomorrow or next week, who knows? :joke: Apparently I have a rather fluid personality.

BodhiSeed

Bodhi, I've ALWAYS tested out this way, just a little to one side or another in at least two of the four traits.

Somehow, I've ended up taking the MBTI at least six times over the years, usually the full formal test. I'm one of those who sits pretty much right on the line between Introvert/Extrovert and Judging/Perceiving. When I took Myers-Briggs multiple times during my school days, I was always INFP. As an adult, I started moving more towards being an Extrovert (and it was around then, after my overprotective mother had passed on, that relatives started telling me that I was extremely extroverted as a young child). Gradually Thinking overcame Feeling, to the point where that is the strongest of the traits in testing at a 19% preference, with Intuition being the only one that has never switched preferences (still happening, though only at 9% currently).

Taking the humanmetrics one linked here just now, I tested ENTJ. (Barely on E & J, with a 1% & 3% preference respectively.) That's probably about right...for now. Tomorrow or next week, who knows? :joke: Apparently I have a rather fluid personality.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! :laugh:

Yelell

Oh I hate these things. I always worry I'll test the same as the serial killers of the world or something :bugeyed:
ISTJ

beautifulbooks

INFJ here

Pretty cool ;) One of the rarest, usually, and the most common here. Imagine that! (tongue firmly in cheek!)

Also ended up a INFP once but INFJ most consistently....

fractalgranny

INFP for me, apparently a pretty ordinary occurence here, and supposedly the second highest in the general population as well https://www.personalitypage.com/demographics.html

alas ... as much as i like meyer briggs (and kiersey), there appears to be very little research evidence of it meaning much. darn.

Teheuti

INFP for me, apparently a pretty ordinary occurence here, and supposedly the second highest in the general population as well https://www.personalitypage.com/demographics.html

alas ... as much as i like meyer briggs (and kiersey), there appears to be very little research evidence of it meaning much. darn.
The Myers Briggs page gives quite different numbers for their population averages, which always seemed surprisingly low for the IN__s.

Added: Thank for the demographics link - https://www.personalitypage.com/demographics.html. I believe the results on that page are based on people tested on that internet site rather than for the general public - which is probably why the two highest types are introvert. It's interesting that INFP came up 2nd highest among internet respondents.

Samweiss

First time I took this test and I got INTJ. Seems pretty accurate.