Four of swords Morgan Greer

Edward Tarot Hands

Hi
I use a Morgan Greer deck and I have been basically studying the cards and symbology and the such for the last year or so and haven't really done any readings, a couple of two card spreads is about it. I've used them for meditations and daily cards but I haven't felt the need to do a big spread.
Well the other day I decided to try a Celtic Cross spread for the first time. I used a hypothetical questioner.
Anyway the 4 of swords turned up in the basis-
Now I'm more or less clear on the cards symbology and how it speaks to me and interacts with the rest of the cards in the play but I'm a bit stumped over the sword that seems to hovering outside the window partly obscured by mist or cloud.
I took this to mean that although some retreat or rest has enabled her to forget some of her issues, that there will always be something that you are unable to protect yourself mentally from that is waiting half hidden in the recesses of your subconscious or maybe in the future.
It doesn't feel like a good interpretation to me though...
Any ideas?

Pipistrelle

Hi, I love the Morgan Greer. I think the 4 of Swords would suggest a temporary respite so that, although she's perhaps having a necessary breather, whatever battles she's fighting are still there outside the window and she will need to return to them. So she's hit the pause button, that's all.

rwcarter

The interpretation of the card is dependent on the hypothetical question you asked.

The 4th sword could be a reminder that this is just a respite as real life still awaits. In a very real life situation, the three swords could represent a looming deadline (project at work, final at school), the supine figure could represent the need for a break, and the 4th sword could represent the boss or educator who must be appeased.

As swords could also represent conflict, the 4th sword could be the final conflict that must be waged and won before the stability that's symbolized by the number 4 can be achieved.

Again, without knowing the question that was asked, it's hard to give a proper answer as to how to interpret the card.

Rodney

Ruby Jewel

It could almost be read like the 3 of swords.....the fourth sword being obscured by clouds in the background......interesting card.

magicjack

Interesting observation. All the swords are light on one side and dark on the other except for that one. Its dark on both sides. I never thought of it to be a woman. Im not sure Greer did a lot of intricate symbolisim in this deck but I could be wrong. Don't get me wrong, this is one of my favorite decks. This is my favorite deck for large spreads because of the colors. But back to the 4 of swords, I always get an autumn feeling when this card comes up.

Edward Tarot Hands

whatever battles she's fighting are still there outside the window and she will need to return to them. So she's hit the pause button, that's all.

yes, on pause I like it

Edward Tarot Hands

As swords could also represent conflict, the 4th sword could be the final conflict that must be waged and won before the stability that's symbolized by the number 4 can be achieved.

Again, without knowing the question that was asked, it's hard to give a proper answer as to how to interpret the card.

Rodney
yes similar to another response, the one outside the window represents unfinished or final business
thanks
for your information the question was along the lines of why she finds it hard to work in her desired profession but now hat she has an opportunity to do so, she finds herself swept along with no control, like a snowball effect

Edward Tarot Hands

. Im not sure Greer did a lot of intricate symbolisim in this deck but I could be wrong. .

yes i think there was more emphasis on colour meaning but surely the floating sword has some significance especially when compared to RWS for example

magicjack

Hi, I love the Morgan Greer. I think the 4 of Swords would suggest a temporary respite so that, although she's perhaps having a necessary breather, whatever battles she's fighting are still there outside the window and she will need to return to them. So she's hit the pause button, that's all.

Yea. Unfinished business. Taking a rest to finish the job. Thanks for pointing this out. Maybe there is more in this deck than I thought.

Edward Tarot Hands

Thanks for all your ideas!!