Secrets this person is keeping from you?

Thirteen

You are mistaking Karma for "Fate"

My understanding of the Wheel of Fortune is that it represents our karmic path.....
I can see where you'd get that impression, but it's important to understand exactly what Karma means. People like to say, "It's my karma" meaning "It's my fate"--it was meant to be. In that sentence, a "karmic soulmate" makes sense. But that's not what karma means. Karma means "ACT."

Allow me to elaborate ;) We all want to know why something happened. Especially if it seems wrong or unjust. Why did this good person get hurt? A lot of people think karma means "fate." So they say, "he was bad in his past life..." and his "karma" caught up to him. Cause and effect, right? Likewise, we wonder "Why am I with this person?" Or even "Should I be with this person?" and we answer "It's Karma." You were fated to be together, maybe because you were together in a past life. Cause and effect.

But, again, that's not what Karma means. Karma doesn't answer the question "why is this happening?" It answers this question: Given how things are, how do we respond? Buddhist teachings, which expanded this idea of Karma worldwide, are all about what to do in the present moment. How do past and future lives enter into this? Well, every action has effects, and these ripple through the universe and through time. What this means is that we should consider what effect our act will have. At the moment, in the future, in future lives. When we think like this, we are likely to do what is most right.

Getting back to the Wheel: the belief in Buddhism is that we go though life after life learning, changing, becoming. So, the Wheel of Fortune, in a spiritual sense, can stand for this. Like the movie Groundhog's Day. Round and round, day after day. The aim of Buddhism is to eventually reach a point of enlightenment where you can be free of the Wheel--just like in Groundhog's Day. In Groundhog's Day, the hero tries different actions each day. He sees their effect. When he eventually stops thinking about what effect will benefit him alone, and instead considers what is best for all (for the universe as well as himself) his actions not only lead to a better world, but to his own enlightenment and freedom from the repeating lives. He understands, if you like, his Karma. Which is not his "fate" but how he must act in every instance.

Now, we do sometimes re-meet people from past lives in our new ones. But we don't meet them because we're "fated" to meet them. Again, as in Groundhog's Day, these people we repeat life after life with are there to help us, teach us, show us right actions, or maybe they, themselves, can learn from us. Maybe, yes, they're here with us because of an action in our past life. And if we repeat that action, they'll be back again. But we need to think only in the present. "What is my Karma?" means "How should I act in this life?" And you decide that after thinking about the best outcome rippling out from that act. In the present.

To finish up, if you met a person who *knows* you were with them in a past life, then they'd hardly keep this a secret. Letting you know would help both of you to understand your "karma." How to best act in this life.

Hel.Eleven

I actually think part of the problem here might be that positional meaning. I mean everyone has secrets (if we define them as something they know that you don't) but that can span anything from the colour of their underwear to what they had for dinner 3 nights ago. I'm not sure how you could pinpoint whatever card came out here to anything useful. You don't know what aspect of their life it might pertain to. It could actually be something totally irrelevant to you. So I just want to state straight up that I think that positional meaning is too broad to utilise usefully.

But since you asked I'll have a crack at it.

Career - WoF could relate to temporary work, such as internship, or a position for a set contract. Since it's up cyclical in nature.

Health - Could relate to a hormonal imbalance, a recent diagnosis, perhaps even getting the all clear from a feared condition.

Romance - they could be involved in an on again off again relationship with someone else. Or they could recently be on the market after getting out of a relationship. Or they could have just started a relationship with someone. Or even they only ever want short term relationships because it's what they prefer.

Money - they might have just received an inheritance, or they might have just received a large bill, fine or unexpected expense of any nature. It could even signal a job offer.

You see how the applications are just so broad you'd have little chance of knowing what it means. And most of those things would not affect you anyway. A secret isn't always something that affects relationships. It could just be an aspect of their life that quite rightly they want to keep private because it's a personal matter. There are any number of reasons to keep information from others, not all of them are bad.

Woah, sorry for being away so long.

Hm...you may be right. Though if a person is keeping a secret from you, there is usually a reason they do not want YOU specifically to know. Even if it has nothing to do with you, your relationship, etc. it still has an impact because why would it need to be kept secret? This person is extremely private though. I mean their whole life could be a secret really. It's rare that they share information when not asked. And even when asked they are a bit devilish with answers.

But reading your meanings has been very helpful. It is very possible he is on an internship or is not in a stable position yet. As well as health issues and money. The other relationship is also possible as I have felt like there is someone from their past that set the bar for this person and even if they're not around they still have an impact on how he views partnerships.

Thank you very much!

Hel.Eleven

The question assumes that there is a secret. Is it possible there isn't? If this person is not deliberately keeping something from you, then the Wheel of Fortune is telling you that any information left out is simply random chance. Oops! They forgot or didn't even think to tell you.

Lol that is a very interesting take! Hahaha

Because of how deliberate this person is I doubt something would slip their mind often. I see what you mean and I've done that kind of thing myself. But I will update if something like that comes out. I really doubt it as they specifically state that they are highly calculative with word choice. They've also stated many times "What benefit does it have for me if I give you this information?"

So you see what I mean with the whole persona that reeks of withholding information on purpose?

Absynthe

Woah, sorry for being away so long.

Hm...you may be right. Though if a person is keeping a secret from you, there is usually a reason they do not want YOU specifically to know. Even if it has nothing to do with you, your relationship, etc. it still has an impact because why would it need to be kept secret? This person is extremely private though. I mean their whole life could be a secret really. It's rare that they share information when not asked. And even when asked they are a bit devilish with answers.

Well here's an example. If I have say agoraphobia, am I going to announce that to every single person of interest I meet? No I'm not because most people have no idea what that is or if they do they have completely wrong idea's about what it means. It would be a case of TMI for a new acquaintance, or really most people. It doesn't help them to understand this about me either because in the main it doesn't affect my ability to enjoy another person's company. So yes I won't specifically divulge that information but there aren't any a underhanded reasons for that.

Its just that I'd rather not bring a heap of negative expectations into a new relationship when I know that it's not actually a problem. It doesn't prevent me from going anywhere it just makes some trips less pleasant than others. My reason for not divulging that information is simple, most people out of a misguided sense of empathy would try and accomodate my agoraphobia, which is the very worst thing you can do. It actually makes it worse. So I'm committed to my total recovery, which means I have to stop talking about it, making it a part of my life, and continually confront it in any and every situation.

So there's an example of a secret, kept for healthy reasons. But if someone saw this in a tarot reading (nine of wands) they might make the totally wrong assumption that I'm vigilant or seemingly not as open in certain situations for other reasons. Some secrets are best left alone, you can trust other people to make decisions which are actually in the best interests of you both by not inspiring your interference in whatever they have going on. I know that a partner who loved me would want me to recover, but their efforts to do so may actually interfere with what I know about this and the best way to overcome it. Good intentions don't always translate into the best actions.

SunChariot

Hey, everyone! I want to try some different spreads and I found one that is used to determine a person's intentions in general and toward you. Anyway, one of the positions is "Secrets this person is keeping from you." and I got Wheel of Fortune for this position.

Hm...I honestly have no idea how to read it. Could you help?

My first thoughts are that this person knows something I don't, that they have some insight into how things will turn out that I am not privy to yet.

Anyway, what do you all think?

I think it would just say that they know that something has changed. Or that it soon will. Yet they have not told you about it. It is a secret they are keeping from you. It doesn't say what, but the image could fill in the blanks. Although given that the question WAS about their intentions in general towards you, it must be saying that something in their intentions have changed. And yet they have not told you this. So things are not what they seem or what you expect they are.

Babs

SunChariot

That said, Tarothuntress said something very intelligent. What if there IS nothing he is keeping secret from you, then there is not way that the question can be answered and no card that can answer it.

From past experience, I have found what happens for me if I ask something unanswerable is that the cards don't even try to answer and I just get a random card that makes no sense, to let me know I should not have asked what you did.

If that were the case perhaps it doesn't mean anything because the question is unanswerable.

Babs

morenah

what if it's some unexpected house/city/cowntry moving or job offer that just came up out of the blue and he did not told you about or just don't know how to bring it up with you?

Anyway, whatever it is, it's got to be important because it's a major arcana card, something big and something with the power to change his life.