Opinions on the 9 of Wands

mary_leo

I think, from what I have experienced in this relationship, that I would read this reverse card as letting things flow or letting go of the walls he's built against me.
It is really interesting for me to see how things are unfolding and how the cards I pulled connect to the things that are happening right now.
There is a strong sense of fighting for what he believes is right for him. He is always saying that a serious relationship is not what he needs right now, so he fights to avoid it from happening. But the nine of wands also indicates perseverance, meaning that even though he doesn't want to compromise (or whatever your case might be), he will try and try to keep me in his life under his terms.
Last week I was talking to him on Skype and I said, " I think we should let this relationship end" he replied "if u wanna do that I won't try to stop u, but it won't be the end of it, I will contact u again in a couple of months to see if u have changed your mind about all this"
This guy matches the description of the nine of wands completely.
I really hope I'm helping u somehow! šŸ˜Š

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

SunChariot

I've been reading the 9 of Wands as defensiveness and generally having your guard up, especially in relationship situations. When reversed, I read it as those walls starting to come down and being more receptive to letting other people in. However, most of the readings I see on here seem to interpret the upright 9 of Wands more along the lines of perseverance and standing your ground with the reversal as being defensive and guarded, sometimes downright paranoid. I know interpretations can vary by reader and the cards speak to everyone individually, etc. But I'm not seeing too many others who would agree with my interpretations of this card. Basically, I'm asking how you each would read this card, if you ever read it the way I do, and what has it meant when you've drawn it in the past (i.e. what ended up happening, etc.). Thanks!

First wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with your meaning for the card, even if you were the only one using it. Whatever meaning feels right to you is what you should go with. It's not about others agreeing. We don't have to embrace the exact same meanings. It's about finding the meanings that ring true for you inside, and let you express yourself in the best ways and be the best reader you can. The cards will work with the meaning you want to use to give you your answers.

That said, and this may complicate things more, but my meanings tend to be a bit unique. My 9 of Wands tends to be about taking a time out before acting. It's about spending time alone to slow down and just be on your own and think...before you start to create what you want to have more of in your life. Could be that you just need to unwind first, or to think things through more.

9 of Wands reversed, for me, tends to be about creating something joyful that feels good to you. Or asking you to create from a place of joy and good positive feelings.

Babs

Pique Dame

I think, from what I have experienced in this relationship, that I would read this reverse card as letting things flow or letting go of the walls he's built against me.
It is really interesting for me to see how things are unfolding and how the cards I pulled connect to the things that are happening right now.
There is a strong sense of fighting for what he believes is right for him. He is always saying that a serious relationship is not what he needs right now, so he fights to avoid it from happening. But the nine of wands also indicates perseverance, meaning that even though he doesn't want to compromise (or whatever your case might be), he will try and try to keep me in his life under his terms.
Last week I was talking to him on Skype and I said, " I think we should let this relationship end" he replied "if u wanna do that I won't try to stop u, but it won't be the end of it, I will contact u again in a couple of months to see if u have changed your mind about all this"
This guy matches the description of the nine of wands completely.
I really hope I'm helping u somehow! šŸ˜Š
Yes, it does help. It's pretty much how I've been reading it, too.

First wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with your meaning for the card, even if you were the only one using it. Whatever meaning feels right to you is what you should go with. It's not about others agreeing. We don't have to embrace the exact same meanings. It's about finding the meanings that ring true for you inside, and let you express yourself in the best ways and be the best reader you can. The cards will work with the meaning you want to use to give you your answers.

That said, and this may complicate things more, but my meanings tend to be a bit unique. My 9 of Wands tends to be about taking a time out before acting. It's about spending time alone to slow down and just be on your own and think...before you start to create what you want to have more of in your life. Could be that you just need to unwind first, or to think things through more.

9 of Wands reversed, for me, tends to be about creating something joyful that feels good to you. Or asking you to create from a place of joy and good positive feelings.

Babs
Those are some interesting and beautiful interpretations, Babs. I know I can read the cards any way I want without being "wrong" but I still appreciate feedback just to know I'm not totally off-base. Validation is always nice. :) I came up with these meanings based on how this card appeared in readings for me, but I was surprised to discover the vast majority of readers interpret it differently, so I decided to gather some additional opinions in case I needed to expand my interpretation of this card.

Ruby Jewel

I've been reading the 9 of Wands as defensiveness and generally having your guard up, especially in relationship situations. When reversed, I read it as those walls starting to come down and being more receptive to letting other people in. However, most of the readings I see on here seem to interpret the upright 9 of Wands more along the lines of perseverance and standing your ground with the reversal as being defensive and guarded, sometimes downright paranoid. I know interpretations can vary by reader and the cards speak to everyone individually, etc. But I'm not seeing too many others who would agree with my interpretations of this card. Basically, I'm asking how you each would read this card, if you ever read it the way I do, and what has it meant when you've drawn it in the past (i.e. what ended up happening, etc.). Thanks!

I do not see this card as being necessarily "defensive" as fire signs have a predilection to fighting and can easily get trapped in a pattern of conflict. This card represents resilience and strength in reserve and secure, unshakable resistance to opposition. It is a position of unchallengeable security. He is holding his own in a conflict, avoiding a clash with superior forces by letting them have their way, while he stands his ground. The bandage may indicate a "psychic wound" as this battle could well be a battle with an illness. Perhaps the illness is being held in abeyance. In any event, it indicates he has closed off awareness and now looks only for the next fight.....even when the fight is over. In Rx....I see him as being overcome by the illness or opposition. Or, perhaps, like Don Quixote, he is just fighting windmills.