Knight of Swords= Revenge?

morenah

Hi everyone!

Have you ever received the knight of swords in your readings representing a revenge?
I did a celtic cross (RW) Reading on a situation how should I deal with someone from my past, I in a few weeks we will be at the same event wich will last a couple of weeks, this person messed things up with me really badly and 2 months ago i brokeup with him but I still feel so wronged and vengeful, I just don't act on it.
So I asked my deck how should I behave around, the best course of action to take, everything makes sense, in the outcome position I asked how will I come out of this situation and I got the Knight of Swords
-I see it as new ideas and changes, he is brave, determinated and fights for what he thinks is right, he charges ahead agressively till he gets his victory. I'm not sure if it means that I'll finally get my sweet revenge on him and change the way I feel about this whole situation, or it's a warning to beware of my impulsiveness cause I'm about to start a war. Maybe both of them?

I would like to read your experience with this knight in the outcome position and if it had happened to signify a revenge in any occasion for anyone, thanks.

Absynthe

I think this post is supposed to be in using tarot cards since you're only discussing one card out of a multiple card reading. In any case my experience of the Knight Of Swords isn't revenge no. That has been indicated in my readings by Five Swords or Six Wands more commonly. The Knight Of Swords is often the bearer of uncomfortable news. and I receive him a lot when I get some insight into a situation that didn't work out as I had planned and find out it's because of something I stupidly did to wreck it. Because of this I've dubbed this card the 'causal point'. He rushes in a shows us where we have erred in life. The message is usually quite cutting and difficult to accept, but once we do we are grateful to have the insight so we can change our behaviours.

morenah

Thank you Absynthe for you reply.

Any moderator please move my thread to the right place?

anyhow, humm it's curious you mention this 2 cards, I actually got the 6 of wands in the what to do about him part of the spread:6 of wands together with the five of wands, I read it as to fight to come out on top/winner/. advice: 9 of cups, to have my wish granted? to go for what makes me happy? I can relax because in the end I'll get what I want? it was the following card to the knight of swords, and to be honest, in regards to this situation, after all I had to put up with, revenge would have me feeling all 9 of cups and smug.

The 5 of swords I used to get a LOT as advice/outcome 3 months ago before I took him to court.

at the same time the knight of swords used to come a lot too representing him and his actions, oh God he was nasty!, after I left him he was really mad, texting me terrible things all day, badmouthing me to my neighbors, even went to my job trying to get me fired, he was really nasty and mean trying to destroy my whole life, trying to get back at me for breaking up -KNIGHT OF SWORDS in every single Reading I've done about him/us at that time. I had to get a even meannier and decetful lawyer and the law involved to get him to stop the crazyness.

Still not sure what to think of this night as outcome**how I will come out of this situation**, maybe I'll be the one raising hell this time, all I know is thank god this time he represents me...

samantha

I've interpreted this card as *cutting someone down to size* , as a result of something another did to the querant - so vestiges of revenge there ... The visuals may be important. In the Golden Tarot the knight is about to slay a dragon - perhaps as a consequence of dragons previous actions ? More importantly, if your initial feeling was that this showed revenge then I'd go with it ..

Grizabella

Wasn't there some football guy who said, "The best defense is a good offense"? It seems to me that this is what the Knight of Swords might be advising you.

morenah

I've interpreted this card as *cutting someone down to size* , as a result of something another did to the querant - so vestiges of revenge there ... The visuals may be important. In the Golden Tarot the knight is about to slay a dragon - perhaps as a consequence of dragons previous actions ? More importantly, if your initial feeling was that this showed revenge then I'd go with it ..

thanks Samantha!

About the deck, It was a RW, and the knight looks pretty mad in it, a storm is forming, and he is charging against it raising his sword, defensive, going fast after what he thinks is his right.

Everytime I see this card, I remenber when I used to receive it representing him or his actions, raising hell in my life, I know it's trouble, at least the KoS represents *me* this time, maybe it's time for me to give him a taste of his own medicine :)

morenah

Wasn't there some football guy who said, "The best defense is a good offense"? It seems to me that this is what the Knight of Swords might be advising you.

Hi Grizabella!
Thanks for your reply, yes it's right, "attack is the best defense" as they say here in Europe, maybe he is at the same time a sign of warning to be careful with my impulsiveness, this KoS has a "shoot first, ask later" actitude in my readings, getting himself into trouble sometimes...

but the knight of swords is for the outcome:*how I'll come out of this situation* (-ME- at the end of the event)
in the advice I got 9 of cups, how to deal with him: 6 of wands and 5 of wands. I read it as fight like it was a game(5oW) to come out winner(6oW) with a grim in your face(9oC)
I like to ask my questions as clear as I can to the cards so I don't need to keep adding clarifiers to understand. But it confuses me when I get a court cart, because it can mean so many things in this position.

Farzon

Actually I got this card in a similar situation as well. But I don't see revenge in this card. The Knight of Swords is too strongly oriented towards the future to be vindictive. As fire from air I can see him enjoy a good and well planned fight though.

The court of Swords in general lacks the passion for revenge, I think. Planning, fighting, placing mind games - yes, but not revenge. I'd rather see this in the court of Wands, especially the Queen and the Princess/Page.

In the Minors I second what has been said before: a combination of Five of Swords and Six of Wands could indicate a successful revenge. Six of Wands alone won't be revenge just victory in any kind of fight.

olivia1

I don't see that knight as a revenge card. I think you will come out of this more analytical and sharper ( swords) . You'll be able to reign your emotions in better but I don't think it's saying you will get revenge . I don't see it as a vengeful card. I'd think justice or judgement would be more in line with revenge / pay back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Sternbach

The Knight of Swords is engaged in thinking, planning, communicating - using all his wit while trying to manage a situation. So I think the outcome might be a continuing struggle. Consider well if you really want to go down that road. Perhaps use Tarot for helping you find closure.