How long do you wait for a reading to unfold?

Run2work

I don't read for myself, but I do get readings from a professional. I went to them at the beginning of the year with a particular question. Every few months I have gone back to see if the cards have changed in terms of the outcome and they haven't. I've even gone so far as to get a second and third opinion and have received similar cards/outcome. Here it is a year now and nothing has unfolded. I'm at a loss as to why the cards keep saying the same thing over and over but yet I don't want to give up prematurely.

Has this happened to anyone else?

pageofswords9110

I've noticed the cards don't match up well with time and that some things are predestined. So in other words the cards may tell you something particular so you can keep hope alive or look forward to the event but it my not happen for years. I have readings that I had done about two years ago coming true now. Tarot isn't time friendly because we have free will. But like I said something's are predestined so no matter what happens things will eventually unfold.

Run2work

'Years' is what I'm afraid of...

nisaba

How long do you wait for a reading to unfold? As long as it takes. Sometimes stuff happens immediately: days or weeks. Otjher times it takes months. Sometimes things bounce into reality when you think the reader was wrong, decades later. :)

I don't read for myself, but I do get readings from a professional. I went to them at the beginning of the year with a particular question. Every few months I have gone back to see if the cards have changed in terms of the outcome and they haven't. I've even gone so far as to get a second and third opinion and have received similar cards/outcome. Here it is a year now and nothing has unfolded. I'm at a loss as to why the cards keep saying the same thing over and over but yet I don't want to give up prematurely.

I find that every card not only says something about events, but also says something about what work the client needs to do in the real-world to make the outcome happen. Even if it's nothing they have control over, they may have to ready themselves emotionally or spiritually, or lose attachment to the outcome, or whatever, before the universe can put it in place.

Have you gone to readers who have made personal development suggestions, or suggestions about how you can help the situation along? If so, put that work into place. If not, they were probably missing something, as all cards have *something* to suggest.

Beanfeasa

Short answer, As long as it takes.
Example: The most obvious questions been home ownership, fertility, legal or health
On your current rate of spending vs saving.... Years
Fertility issues can also take years to sort out or maybe adoption, again years
Legal issues..... Years.
Major health issues ..... You get my point.
In my opinion and experience, tarot foretells based on your current course of actions so yes it could be years.
I've come across a few timing methods but the one I prefer is look for the last major card in the spread, the preceding minor is your timing
Wands = weeks
Cups = days
Swords = months
Pentacles = years
6 of Pentacles = 6 years
It depends on the question and are you asking, are you asking how to go about achieving it or when will it be resolved.

Saskia

It depends hugely on whether those cards or the situation require you to take some action, and usually they do. Say, you want to get married, find a new job, get pregnant/become a father, etc. etc. None of that just *happens*. It must be made happen.

I understand: often in life it feels that you do everything you can and life still doesn't deliver. It's like the gods are against us or the Wheel of Fortune is just not turning. But again, it comes down to what you can do about it. You say you get the same message repeatedly. What is the message for you to ACT ON?

No trustworthy tarot reader or psychic will tell you to just sit and wait. They will advise what actions you can take to get closer to your goal or what you're waiting for. Or, if what you're waiting for is not realistic (say, you expect to win big in lottery), then are able to advise based on the cards how to let go of something unattainable.

Please also note that the message can be similar but different to what you expect, but it's still in the cards. Say, you hope for an ex to come back. The ex won't come back but you become friends or at least non-hostile. The cards may have been pointing to this new connection all the time but in our duress we're too eager to read the wanted outcome (renewed love).

Tarot is not science but interpretive art, and future is not set in stone, no matter how many readings you get. And more often than not, what we think we want doesn't come in the exact form we anticipated, but it doesn't make what comes less valuable.

nisaba

Have you gone to readers who have made personal development suggestions, or suggestions about how you can help the situation along? If so, put that work into place. If not, they were probably missing something, as all cards have *something* to suggest.

If you don't do the necessary work that the cards suggest, then of course nothing will change.

Grizabella

As others have told you, it might take years to see your resolution to whatever it is come about.

My suggestion is to just stop focusing on the questions you've been asking and start getting readings on other things. Others have made good suggestions to get readings on what you need to do in order to bring about the conclusion you want. I'd also suggest questions that concentrate on yourself and what you can do to bring happiness and fulfillment to your life even if your desired outcome doesn't happen. There used to be an old saying that "life is what happens while you're making other plans" and that's quite apt. I suggest to just leave that particular topic to simmer and distract yourself in other directions in the meantime. Time will past much faster that way.

Laurelle

Tarot is not science but interpretive art, and future is not set in stone, no matter how many readings you get. And more often than not, what we think we want doesn't come in the exact form we anticipated, but it doesn't make what comes less valuable.

It depends on what you believe in "free will" or "predestination"? Free will is actually more of a cultural thing. The Muslim faith does not believe in free will. Islam believes in predestination. Imagine all those people living in the pan-islamic world who would disagree with that statement about "future is not set in stone." It's ingrained in the culture.

No trustworthy tarot reader or psychic will tell you to just sit and wait. They will advise what actions you can take to get closer to your goal or what you're waiting for. Or, if what you're waiting for is not realistic (say, you expect to win big in lottery), then are able to advise based on the cards how to let go of something unattainable.

Most psychics that I have met and read about don't believe in free will, but they believe in predestination. So a psychic may tell you to wait. That doesn't make them untrustworthy. It's just part of a certain small sub-culture (psychic culture). What Saskia is talking about is more of a life coach, psychological and archetypical tarot reading and she is talking about it from her own perspective and vantage point.

My advice to the poster is to just forget about the reading for a while and live your life as you would normally. Now that these thoughts are embedded in your subconscious, you will consciously try and make them work. I wouldn't do that if it is torturing you.

But that's just my own personal opinion.

:)

Good luck!

Laurelle

Yes, this has happened to me. I waited for something to happen for 3 years that never happened. Maybe it will happen in another decade. I don't really know, but I do still believe it will happen because I've also had premonitions about it. In general timing is hard when someone is psychic because they don't see time as linear.

But look at how agonized you are over this! When it's meant to happen, it will happen. Don't stress about it. Everything will come in time. :love:

I totally get you.

xoxoxox