Is it easier to read for yourself or others?

MadeiraDarling

I find it WAY easier to read for people who aren't me, trying to interpret stuff in terms of my own life is SUPER hard, interpreting it for others on the other hand is relatively easy and simple for me. Which do you all find easier?

CrystalSeas

It depends on what you are using the reading for.

If it is a predictive question, especially if you phrase it so there's only a 'yes' or 'no' answer, then I can see how reading for yourself might be difficult. Yes/no questions are not what the cards are good at, and when you mix in your own personal hopes for the outcome, it can get very sticky.

But if you use the reading for self-awareness and personal growth, then I find it much easier to read for myself than for someone else.

@rtemouri

I find it WAY easier to read for people who aren't me, trying to interpret stuff in terms of my own life is SUPER hard, interpreting it for others on the other hand is relatively easy and simple for me. Which do you all find easier?
I agree!sometimes when i read for my self i feel that i can't be sure about anything.i get so confused and it becomes very difficult.i think i prefer reading for friends though, than for strangers, it's nice when you know things about the life of the one that you read for :)

barefootlife

For me, it's easiest to read for friends, easy to read for myself, and harder to read for strangers (in a setting where the stranger isn't guiding with feedback, like an online reading).

It's easy to read for people I know well, and I'm what therapists gently refer to as a 'high self-monitor' from years of dealing with mental illness on my own.

Reading for strangers is mostly an anxiety thing, because the nuances of cards mean a lot for me, so if I start on the wrong nuance of a card, I'll end up in the wrong place. With an active sitter guiding the reading I think it would be much easier.

That said, it's also all in the question for me.

kittydorkdork

I find it much easier to read for myself! I do it all the time. I rarely read for others and I feel like everything I say is wrong somehow and it's rare that I get feedback so the feeling is always there. There was ONE time I got feedback just saying "that was helpful, thanks".

When I DO read for others it's usually online. It's been YEARS since I read for someone in person. I've grown so much as a person and a reader since then so I might have an easier time of it, and prefer it over online readings.

I think it's easier for me to read for others. When I read for myself I always feel as if I'm injecting my desires.

iseekserendipity

I find it easiest to read for myself, in part because every reading is so much more than just that reading: I pay attention to patterns, to recurring themes, but also to cards to which I react apprehensively to... Including "positive" messages that don't fit my inner mindset or perceived reality...

Basically it works best for me because although I do have readings that are supposed to be predictive in their answers, I like to look at everything much more as possibilities and always tend to turn my readings into self analysis and self growth tools...

When reading for people, I have to detach myself from any self imposed expectations (of doing a good or worthy job) as well as aggressively curb my desire to please and give people what they want. That's just really tiring sometimes. Probably why my "best" readings for others are more along the lines of "what opportunities will I find in the coming year?" and such.

@rtemouri

For me, it's easiest to read for friends, easy to read for myself, and harder to read for strangers (in a setting where the stranger isn't guiding with feedback, like an online reading).

It's easy to read for people I know well, and I'm what therapists gently refer to as a 'high self-monitor' from years of dealing with mental illness on my own.

Reading for strangers is mostly an anxiety thing, because the nuances of cards mean a lot for me, so if I start on the wrong nuance of a card, I'll end up in the wrong place. With an active sitter guiding the reading I think it would be much easier.

That said, it's also all in the question for me.
I think it depends much of the question.for example if a stranger wants a reading for their relationship it's difficult for me because usually when someone needs advice the situation is complicated and i don't know the facts!but for a friend i can see clearly.if it is a career or health reading it is easier for me.but for my self in personal matters i can't see clearly because my emotions block my intuition!

gregory

For others.

I hate to read for people I know - not least because I feel that I will know stuff about them that could skew the reading. An example someone mentioned here a while ago was - what if your friend comes to you to ask why things seem a bit off in her marriage, and you KNOW for a fact that her husband is cheating on her. Or if a mate asks about whether to accept a marriage proposal and you really dislike the guy and think he's a slimeball....

As for myself - I can't do it. I know I'll cheat.

I MUCH prefer to read for strangers :)

Barleywine

I'll read for anyone and everyone who asks. Sometimes the answers I get veer away from what may seem like absolute truth in my own opinion, but that's just the cards taking to the querent in their own language. I try to interpret as best I can and pull things into some kind of sense, and they make of it what they will. I have no illusions of prophetic vision, I just read the cards.

Reading for myself is easy; I just don't believe myself half the time and things go beautifully! :joke: